Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Security breach-R2 Games

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security breach-R2 Games

"Breaches you were pwned in

A "breach" is an incident where a site's data has been illegally accessed by hackers and then released publicly. Review the types of data that were compromised (email addresses, passwords, credit cards etc.) and take appropriate action, such as changing passwords.

R2Games: In late 2015, the gaming website R2Games was hacked and more than 2.1M personal records disclosed. The vBulletin forum included IP addresses and passwords stored as salted hashes using a weak implementation enabling many to be rapidly cracked. A further 11M accounts were added to "Have I been pwned" in March 2016 bringing the total to over 13M.

Compromised data: Email addresses, IP addresses, Passwords, Usernames"

Im happy to see that this info is public now

That would be a neat trick, seeing as Wartune has never had more than 100k players. I think it's currently about 78k players with less than 1% (780) being paying customers.

Comment

Like I said, a rash of these posters running around trying to drum up panic and fear. All for their own petty "revenge".

I hope R2 ban their accounts forthwith. Dumbass Anonymous groupies.

Comment

My intention wasn't to start any panic,or to get revenge Ada,it was just to inform everybody of the things that i just found out,im sure that some people will find this info usefull,in a way or another.

I enjoy this game to much,still after 3 years,to be one of those kind of people.But i believe that these is the kind of info people should know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Splinterz View Post
          That would be a neat trick, seeing as Wartune has never had more than 100k players. I think it's currently about 78k players with less than 1% (780) being paying customers.
          It's extremely likely that there have been more than 100k accounts created for Wartune, and this was about R2 in general, so those numbers aren't really implausible. There's no reason to think that only active players were compromised.
          Also: https://haveibeenpwned.com/PwnedWebsites#R2Games

Comment

I'll address this, since I know where it comes from, and that it's already been investigated, and if there was any real concern I would have demanded notification be sent to everyone. That notice specifically mentions the forum. Things are stored differently through the vbulletin than they are through the main site or the game. Your R2 account is safe, as is your game info, payment info, real password, and the answers to the security questions you should have set, as none of that is stored through vbulletin.

Any further inquiries on this topic can be directed through ticket.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
            X