This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    Thanks Mem. I will keep that in mind. Right now, it's been quiet. Can't really tell since it only shows up the last 5 reputation/comments given.
    I can't do anything about the "you're an idiot" type of comments, but the profane comments from this year have all been dealt with appropriately.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

em qual jogo esse bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        I can't do anything about the "you're an idiot" type of comments, but the profane comments from this year have all been dealt with appropriately.
        LOL Those I can probably take and would laugh it off as does the next person, but words that would fit into a "expletive" spot is going overboard.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          What? So no one called me a lovely person? Dang it!

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
            What? So no one called me a lovely person? Dang it!
            LMAO, don't push it. I might do just that one day only to get ignored later on =P

Comment

*hides*

Was just so happy that someone called me lovely... ;D

Comment

Lol! Sorry to resurrect this, but I just noticed someone down voted me for my comment here, and said that he regrets ever giving me an up vote.

This is the kind of reaction that is typical of atheists. Disagree with them and they basically try to bully you into submission with vitriol and foaming-at-the-mouth crazy hate. Of course, they are not alone, as the outrage brigade has the exact same MO. It is not surprising as they tend to be the same people. They are not about facts or opinions, they are about a side. They don't care if you are "right" on some things and "wrong" on others. As long as you don't agree with them on one thing, you are automatically "wrong" forever more. Some will go to extremes to justify how white is black, light is dark, wrong is right just so they can oppose you. Not because you are wrong, but because you are not on their "side".

Morally superior, my ***!
                Last edited by AdaJames; 04-06-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Well that sucks <expletive>, Ada. Some people are just so sensitive these days. I mean, I had my fair share of agreements/disagreements that I have never resorted to down vote someone as a result of that (hell, I had never down voted anyone in my forum life as of yet since I don't think it's necessary). I think that's childish, and if I have to say something, I would say it in the open and not behind something like a coward. Even though it's a form of cowardice, and they thought I would never know, telltale signs will always show up pointing them as they will always slip up.

Comment

Well, I consider it a badge of honour when they label me in one of their many -ists or -isms. I have no patience for them and I make it plain to them every chance I get. That I usually bust their arguments with real science tends to turn their vitriol up several notches, which is absolutely hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                      LMAO, don't push it. I might do just that one day only to get ignored later on =P
                      Ya know I had to !!!!! roflmbo

Comment

Originally posted by spincycle View Post
                        Ya know I had to !!!!! roflmbo
                        Heh heh, I was wondering who it was. Now I know.

Comment

Easter has nothing to do with Christianity or so called Jesus Christ. Christians celebrating "Easter" is one of the many examples of cultural appropriation/ "baptism" by the Holy Roman Empire in the name of religious subjugation and conquest. It's seasonal pagan holiday time and the name of Teutonic goddess Eoster. Its significance is the coming of spring..So I might be a bit confused as to who should be most offended, but clearly there is something to be offended about here or there, Idk yet, but when I do I will certainly be offended...or just write it off as culturally influenced gaming terminology ("easter egg" imo is not an offensive term to me because its culturally part of the gaming world not any real promotion of easter the religious holiday by any specific campaign or business operation.)
                          Already though, I am most offended by the reactionary notion that its somehow passe' to be offended by religious chauvinism and cultural appropriation just because its contained in the form of a game or other form of entertainment..First thats irrelevant to offeniveness (which as someone pointed out already can be fairly random,) secondly, because it is profit driven and packaged into an impersonalized form of media it is far more noxious than say... a stand up comedian putting themselves on a stage and being personally willing to make an *** of themselves in public. And most offensively, er do posters here really think you get to log in from your Appalachian sheet metal towns and decide what is and is not offensive to OTHER people? LOL How very privileged of you,and also that is "SO PRO",lol! I'm just as much a gamer here as anyone else actually compared to most of far MORESO,(as any arrogant gamer SHOULD claim)..
                          YES regardless of my own ethnicity/ background I am easily offended by the rampant bigotry/chauvinism I've found in R2games and elsewhere, but being not personally invested in it I tend to ignore and move on from it rather, just as easily knowing that there are better games to play anyway if I feel it will get in the way of my experience or seeing how limited things are... that is..
                          ..until I see how its encouraging more asinine bigotry in its forums which I usually already despise having to participate in for the most part, (I don't see how you trolls do it spend so much time doing nothing in life and not even trying to make any interesting points.)...and seeing this lets me know its probably about time for $4!+ to get real here in this forum. :] IS this what you meant to do OP? create a socially backward flame thread with your straw man socio-political joking around? ? Well I think you may have got it.

Let me first begin by stating in true gamer form and in general: first and foremost the disclaimer that allows me not to ever feel the need to say it to anyone specifically in later posts,DISCLAIMER: fxxx yu all.
                          with, that out of the way..
                          I'm firstly offended by the character selection "variety" and lack thereof. The backstory of this game is virtually nonexistant and has recently been revamped to have even less cohesion so there is no canonically sound excuse to require that they are all apparently "white" Europeanized humans. Yet players cannot adjust the complexion of their toon's appearance, or choose from a diverse variety of presets (which would probably wind up being even more offensive than chauvinism by promoting stereotypes :P) There is your racism/chauvinism right at the beginning of the game, a favoritism toward one complexion group and stylized cultural heritage. This kind of chauvinism is so typical in gaming world that rarely even raises an eyebrow, and has spawned an entire subindustry of companies trying to create games that reach out to a wider more realistic world that is culturally/ethnically diverse in appearance and mythical legacies to explore. One default explanation fails to satisfy why this limitation exists: Maybe the player must adventure through an ethnically isolated place that is history specific. So I ask: Do any characters of different complexions and hues appear in the game itself at all? Yes indeed, therefore these humans are NOT isolated, unless they themselves are strangers to the game world.(one of my own fanon backstories in progress) but not any that are reflected in the real world that houses the players of this game. We get to see purple,blue complexions but only in myriad of enemy combatant characters and many fantastic magical creatures but I have yet to see one "human" of a natural bronze,brown,cream,yellow or golden brown complexion. Also the enemies are nearly ALWAYS from among those strange but alluring non white complexions..which suggest something even more "racially" depraved about the game..but I just considered that fact, so haven't really tested or reflected on it..We'll see how this conversation develops as to whether or not I will feel I have to explore or bring that fact back up again..)

So, right away from the beginning we see that although humans and all manner of creatures exists in that game world, NO humans of the already familiar non "white/Europeanized" stocks that exist in the real world, exist in this game world anywhere, and if they do they are purple/dark and must be killed/defeated. This is UNLIKE the Adventure Quest games that are the forerunner and inspiration of most of these ****** 2d browser games but where to their credit, player characters skin complexion can range fairly wide and far into the fantastic greens and blues. I'm inclined to believe that Wartune's limitation is an oversight or marketing preference in their rush to produce a game rather than a predetermined purposeful ideal established by the creators as some kind of canonical context..but the fact that the game keeps updating year after years now and has not improved the character selection or in-game diversity potential, is now a source of offense, especially as I see how it has affected the social quality and nature of the players it attracts to operate in its forums. Well... see what you do R2? I hope your content with your poorly enlightened miseducated and regressive fan base, because that will not really improve until first and foremost you improve the potential diversity of avatars themselves..take just one more cue from the Adventure Quest and WOW fares and avoid ethnically dead ending the game.. Especially now that its clearly about to become an issue.
                          Last edited by R27377783; 04-08-2016, 11:33 AM. Reason: fxxx u all

Comment

Someone want to do something that that obvious bot spammer?

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                              Easter has nothing to do with Christianity or so called Jesus Christ...
                              It's a folk tradition adopted by x'ans, so it is x'an related, though this thread sounded like it was started for a little fun so no serious discussion in here

PS. Everyone could try the fun of egg balancing on ester/equinox even if they don't even know or care what ester means.

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                              ...I'm firstly offended by the character selection "variety" and lack thereof...there is no canonically sound excuse to require that they are all apparently "white" Europeanized humans. Yet players cannot adjust the complexion of their toon's appearance, or choose from a diverse variety of presets (which would probably wind up being even more offensive than chauvinism by promoting stereotypes :P) There is your racism/chauvinism right at the beginning of the game, a favoritism toward one complexion group and stylized cultural heritage. This kind of chauvinism is so typical in gaming world that rarely even raises an eyebrow, and has spawned an entire subindustry of companies trying to create games that reach out to a wider more realistic world that is culturally/ethnically diverse in appearance and mythical legacies to explore. One default explanation fails to satisfy why this limitation exists: Maybe the player must adventure through an ethnically isolated place that is history specific. So I ask: Do any characters of different complexions and hues appear in the game itself at all? Yes indeed, therefore these humans are NOT isolated, unless they themselves are strangers to the game world.(one of my own fanon backstories in progress) but not any that are reflected in the real world that houses the players of this game. We get to see purple,blue complexions but only in myriad of enemy combatant characters and many fantastic magical creatures but I have yet to see one "human" of a natural bronze,brown,cream,yellow or golden brown complexion. Also the enemies are nearly ALWAYS from among those strange but alluring non white complexions..which suggest something even more "racially" depraved about the game...
                              It's a dark fantasy world with a European myths/legends theme. The characters are meant to look 'European'.
                              The Chinese version includes a background story for each class. It's just not included in the English version.

The same company also has RPGs based on Chinese myths/legends, and all characters in there look Chinese.
                              For some people, it must be terribly offensive to play an Asian RPG such as Yitien LOL

Comment

hello its called chauvanism. R2 has done it because everyone else has done it nothing special about R2 or Cadbury favoring "Christian Holidays" everyone does it is a timed honored excuse anyway..but when they decide to stop maybe because of consultation with other complainers or their ombudsman THATS when you forum antivists get excited because its challenging your callous chauvinist paradigm/"status quo" sensibilities.. haha what a pathetic bunch of obsolete tools. Get THIS you reactionary plaintiffs...YOU gals are the COMPLAINERS here! Your complaint is against any sign of the inevitable social refinement of these corporate entities! You would have them ignore trending global market analysis towards fair treatment of non eurocentric value systems just to avoid feeling socially irrelevent because you still live in the post ice age imperialist cultural exploitation era. SO much so that you react thus against a fictional news article, blaming non-existing activists of social responsibility in commerce for your angst about a future in which you are already socially inept because you don't know how to respect other traditions or opinions. :P haha I'm so glad not to be like you allz that its splitting my sides!

Comment

Working...
                                X