This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    Someone want to do something that that obvious bot spammer?
    haha you resort to TOS libel! Be on notice troll, I will have you prosecuted when the opportunity arises.
    Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
      haha you resort to TOS libel!
      Please don't use that word, since you obviously have no concept of its meaning.

Be on notice troll, I will have you prosecuted when the opportunity arises.
      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
        See, that's what I don't understand in people. I am an Earth Walker with no ties with any specific religious or political categories that enjoys every holiday at it's fullest, but be quick to frown upon those who may feel "offended" on such; it's just a holiday folks. I am not Jewish, but always had observed Hanukkah; because it's a countdown to a holiday I looked forward to, Christmas; been like that when I was a kid because it's not only about some guy, but also of a time to spend with those you care about as well as presents. Thanksgiving the same. New Years, Independence Day, Groundhog Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Halloween, and much more. I don't take offense to any of them but always take the time to respect each and every one since some people will always observe such from any point of view (which I might add isn't always better than the next). Easter for me is always about watching those very Cadbury commercials, and thinking about that Cadbury Bunny that clucks without going off-key. I guess you can call it tradition in a sense. To remove the "Easter" word from the package will just make it an "egg" instead.

Then again, on the bright side, I can always say "suck an egg" and it would be a Cadbury, and not a chicken egg.
        Look up the term cultural appropriation and go ahead and apply it to yourself. These are not just fun holidays for your casual personal enjoyment or mockery. There are those MANY who celebrate these kinds of things because of their the religious beliefs..If you wouldn't be sensitive to their beliefs, why should they be sensitive to your attitude towards THEIR objections? food for thought.
        Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Look up the word cultural appropriation and go ahead and apply it to yourself.
          Cultural appropriation isn't a word, and I was referring to 'libel'...... you don't understand the word libel.

If you are referring to your earlier post. I'm leaning with Ada toward it being a giant troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
            Please don't use that word, since you obviously have no concept of its meaning.

Lol
            why don't you look it up genius it basically means "false accusation of a crime" here I have used the term TOS libel as the person has falsely accused me of the TOS violation of Bot Spamming. Sure its not real libel as its not a not a criminal act If it were a real case of libel I'd have already been to a court to subpoena the trolls identity and putting together a lawsuit. Thats why I named it TOS libel. Please don't reply if your a ******* idiot who can't put 2 + 2 together.

Comment

Cultural appropriation isn't a word, and I was referring to 'libel'...... you don't understand the word libel.

If you are referring to your earlier post. I'm leaning with Ada toward it being a giant troll.
              That post was not in response to you.
              Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

That post was not in response to you.
                My apologies.

Though it was not entirely self evident, considering of the last 7 or 8 posts, only you and I have authored. Maybe try using a quote.

why don't you look it up genius it basically means "false accusation of a crime"
                Libel does not mean 'false accusation of a crime'.

here I have used the term TOS libel as the person has falsely accused me of the TOS violation of Bot Spamming.
                There is no such thing as 'TOS libel'; there are no alternate forms of libel. There is libel, and there is not.... libel.

Sure its not real libel as its not a not a criminal act If it were a real case of libel I'd have already been to a court to subpoena the trolls identity and putting together a lawsuit.
                'Real' libel, is not a criminal act. You cannot be put in jail/prison for it. Nor could you take anyone to court. I can call you a liar all day, and there's nothing you can do about it. You are anonymous, and you can't say I defamed your character when I don't know who your character is.

Please don't reply if your a ******* idiot who can't put 2 + 2 together.
                I think you have already shown you have no concept of what you're talking about.
                Last edited by Alsatia01; 04-10-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

My apologies.

Though it was not entirely self evident, considering of the last 7 or 8 posts, only you and I have authored.
                  Its my fault though because I have yet to learn to "reply with quotes" on this forum.

Comment

Look up the term cultural appropriation and go ahead and apply it to yourself. These are not just fun holidays for your casual personal enjoyment or mockery. There are those MANY who celebrate these kinds of things because of their the religious beliefs..If you wouldn't be sensitive to their beliefs, why should they be sensitive to your attitude towards THEIR objections? food for thought.
                    Tell me something, is there a <expletive> central law book I should be looking into as to what "holidays" I should be or should not be celebrating? I mean, I could have sworn there isn't any and a holiday is celebrated on however it was made to celebrate. Some people will go to religious proportions, and others will go beyond the tangent with that Pagan diatribe. However, no one on either side will ruin my Easter (which is mostly bunnies, eggs, baskets, fun, and chocolate). Well no one had ruined it as I had enjoyed it with family.

In my world, I have no limits. If you want to limit yourself, that's fine by me, just don't expect me not to follow that route. Bah, next you will tell me that Halloween can not be celebrated (costumes and candy) just because it's known as the Day of the Dead..... riiiiight!.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I'm not really against cultural appropriation without it we wouldn't even heritages to pass down or have shared or stolen the techniques to make fire, I don't really agree with absolute cultural ownership..If I do something great that is novel, I don't see how the entire ethnic classification that others might associate with me can claim ownership of it now or in the future...but I do say whens it has become appropriate to make that kind of cultural association(such as for example customs established to be associated with the Jewish culture, and then its appropriated it can easily be done offensively,exploitative,or mockingly. So when people are offended I don't think its automatically asinine or should be jeered with disrespect that they are offended, just because its a form of appropriation that some or most of us have come to accept as "the norm." SO its really bad when some people try to be sensitive or respectful and then others start tearing into the very idea of respecting each others values in response to change, its really anus backwards to me. Really thats all I'm saying though.

Comment

Tell me something, is there a <expletive> central law book I should be looking into as to what "holidays" I should be or should not be celebrating? I mean, I could have sworn there isn't any and a holiday is celebrated on however it was made to celebrate. Some people will go to religious proportions, and others will go beyond the tangent with that Pagan diatribe. However, no one on either side will ruin my Easter (which is mostly bunnies, eggs, baskets, fun, and chocolate). Well no one had ruined it as I had enjoyed it with family.

In my world, I have no limits. If you want to limit yourself, that's fine by me, just don't expect me not to follow that route. Bah, next you will tell me that Halloween can not be celebrated (costumes and candy) just because it's known as the Day of the Dead..... riiiiight!.
                        Cultural appropriation is NOT against the law(that I know of). AT least not for you and your family in the comfort of your own home..that doesn't mean it can't be offensive to someone, but I'm sure it would equally offend you or most of us that someone outside of that feels that their opinion of what your family does for fun or prosperity that is within the law and norm is any of their concern. Businesses and institutions on the other hand, may have a lot more incentive to respect established and even obscure cultural realities a little bit more than the typical household to prevent legal troubles because while it may be okay for you at your home its not necessarily okay for THEM if it can be proved to be a source of discrimination, psychological harm or harassment which could result in legal troubles and damages.
                        Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Cultural appropriation is NOT against the law(that I know of).
                          Okay then don't try to be the "police" and tell me how to celebrate my holidays along with the holidays of others as my celebrations are very diverse. Period.

And in the case of the latter parts of your post, if someone were to "cry" about it: whiner baby b<expletive>es. They can walk it off.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

My apologies.

Though it was not entirely self evident, considering of the last 7 or 8 posts, only you and I have authored. Maybe try using a quote.

Libel does not mean 'false accusation of a crime'.

There is no such thing as 'TOS libel'; there are no alternate forms of libel. There is libel, and there is not.... libel.

'Real' libel, is not a criminal act. You cannot be put in jail/prison for it. Nor could you take anyone to court. I can call you a liar all day, and there's nothing you can do about it. You are anonymous, and you can't say I defamed your character when I don't know who your character is.

I think you have already shown you have no concept of what you're talking about.
                            SO..you think you can't be taken to court for libelous remarks about someone? I think we will have to agree to disagree. Also I am well aware of the tests that are involved with a case of libel, and your right there is no such thing as TOS libel maybe you'll forgive me for having a little personality and being facetious..I imagine any case I might have for such a thing would be against the company itself for violating any rights granted to me by the TOS as a user as a result of a false accusation...FYI in my society you can take anyone to court for anything the question is can you win and is it frivolous..libel even when done over cyberspace is a very real and precedent type of case. I guess we might as well just drop it,anyone can look up the meaning of the word libel for themselves, so don't make me start linking to definitions of the word just to validate my analogy bro. btw it was an analogy it case you still don't realize that. By the way I am not "anonymous" because I have a user identity on this site and that identity is associated with my name and location in their database, just because you don't have privileged access to that information doesn't make it anonymous. Yes you could call me a liar all day its not a crime unless under oath but you couldn't call me a rapist and be so certain of getting away with it even if you don't know my name, you know(or have enough reason to believe that I am a real person that is associated with this account, and this being an international forum is the same or worse than if you printed it in someones local newspaper.. That could be enough to hold you accountable for libel, the way you would it become criminal is if I got an injuction from the courts telling you to stop and you didn't.
                            Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Cultural appropriation is NOT against the law(that I know of). AT least not for you and your family in the comfort of your own home..that doesn't mean it can't be offensive to someone, but I'm sure it would equally offend you or most of us that someone outside of that feels that their opinion of what your family does for fun or prosperity that is within the law and norm is any of their concern. Businesses and institutions on the other hand, may have a lot more incentive to respect established and even obscure cultural realities a little bit more than the typical household to prevent legal troubles because while it may be okay for you at your home its not necessarily okay for THEM if it can be proved to be a source of discrimination, psychological harm or harassment which could result in legal troubles and damages.
                              In many cases, the ideas or concepts that were 'stolen' from a culture via cultural appropriation..... were also stolen by that.... 'culture'.

Comment

Okay then don't try to be the "police" and tell me how to celebrate my holidays along with the holidays of others as my celebrations are very diverse. Period.

And in the case of the latter parts of your post, if someone were to "cry" about it: whiner baby b<expletive>es. They can walk it off.
                                when did i tell you how to celebrate any holiday or not? I associate what you do with cultural appropriation, you don't have to agree. You can walk it off too, bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X