It will take 320K normal henna and 950 days to get knighted for free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Wondering if Alsa and MrFP can share the pattern of declination for Henna returns.
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    It drops the maximum by 1 at 200 stats. If 1200 is 1-4, that pattern presumably holds at every 200 (past 2000 you would have a max of 0, so logically it ends there), and the final stretch to hit 2k stats from 1800 costs 20k henna by itself.

I was forgetting that you can unlock only one knighthood tree for a lot less than the max tattoo on everything, so that super expensive last 400 stats on each isn't necessary just to reach knighthood. It's still almost completely out of reach, but not the 8 years I was thinking.
    If I did the numbers right, you need about 42.5k henna per tattoo to reach the minimum knighthood requirements for 1 tree, or about 340k total, which is surprisingly close to the OP's estimate! The problem is that only works out properly for archers; mages and knights end up needing to max 2 tattoos, saving an equivalent amount on others, at a higher total henna cost.

Side note: advanced henna drops its max by 1 at 250, which is probably the pattern, since 5000/250=20, starting range is 21-40, and 40-20 puts it below the minimum, and we do know that 5000 is the max for tattoos.
    Yea sorry, I don't know the return amounts.

Comment

there are plenty of events to exchange event chests for adv henna. I have saved up several thousand adv henna just from event chest exchange alone. Then add in adv events which have a pretty decent return you could probably hit it in 9 months if you focus on it.

Comment

oh wow...i just made an estimate based on MrFP's data...it turns out normal henna farming is totally NOT worth the time if you are willing to pay cash to get ahead.
        so henna lab is mainly...just for fun. lol (not useless...but the wait time is not worth the loss in other rewards if you are able to get them now and want to get ahead of others.
        considering 24 spire nm chests, some 3-5 levels of forge mats from DI, more pvp wins & more tenacity marks, more wb daru to help level up guild beast, more tok nm & level up faster, etc.)

Comment

So, to sum up, those of us who are using normal henna (and saving adv henna for later), which is the best plan?

Use normal henna up to 1800-2000 stat in each slot? and then adv henna?

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
            So, to sum up, those of us who are using normal henna (and saving adv henna for later), which is the best plan?

You could I suppose. That would require dumping all of your normal henna into a single tattoo though, which I consider a bad idea (heavy diminishing returns on normal henna that close to the 2k mark). Some people use advanced henna until they are above 2k, then use normal henna to refine; I also see this as a bad idea (it doesn't give attributes, so it's purely for refinement purposes).

The best plan in my opinion, is to evenly space advanced henna throughout all tattoos simultaneously (during an event, of course), then use normal henna to refine (you'll get added attributes, since you would be under the 2k mark). Using this method, you should get see the smallest amount of diminishing returns for your materials, and therefore should reach knighthood marginally faster. The downside of this method however, is that you do 'waste' some advanced henna before getting to the 2k mark, which could otherwise be used on the 2-5k mark.
            Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-31-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post

My plan is to save advanced henna while evenly distributing normal henna to all tattoos, until I have enough saved up to get into knighthood. It's nearly pointless to use normal henna after advanced except to change stat types, so the longer you delay, the better your stats in the end.
              But the best path will change over time. To get all tattoos to 800 using only normal henna is around 400 days. It's likely that advanced henna will get cheap enough that you won't want/need to wait that long.
              The question is whether you should do any advanced henna events in the near term. I'd say don't do any until you have a substantial stock of the stuff. The adv henna return isn't that high, and your normal henna gets devalued. Once you reach the point where you have enough to get most of the way to your goal, then start using it during events, since they are limited, and you'll want to take advantage of multiple event cycles.

Comment

...The adv henna return isn't that high...
                before i actually looked at the description (i hardly did since months back/busy working), i never considered getting any adv. henna at all, coz i thought it would also cost tens of thousands of them to reach about the same stats.

but after ur post above...adv. henna is MINIMUM +21 per attempt while normal MINIMUM is only 1, in a pathological case it might mean you need 21-40 times the time to reach the same stat.
                apparently, adv. henna is also 21-40 times harder to get, that's also true.
                maybe 800-1200 is a good starting point to turn 'expert' (by which time a worst adv. attempt still gives 3-5x of a best normal attempt)?

Comment

Theo only Henna I have is on the middle finger of my right hand, the one I used to to say goodbye to R2!!

Comment

lol splinterz ur the111111111111111111111111!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                      before i actually looked at the description (i hardly did since months back/busy working), i never considered getting any adv. henna at all, coz i thought it would also cost tens of thousands of them to reach about the same stats.

but after ur post above...adv. henna is MINIMUM +21 per attempt while normal MINIMUM is only 1, in a pathological case it might mean you need 21-40 times the time to reach the same stat.
                      apparently, adv. henna is also 21-40 times harder to get, that's also true.
                      maybe 800-1200 is a good starting point to turn 'expert' (by which time a worst adv. attempt still gives 3-5x of a best normal attempt)?
                      Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant the event return, which I believe was 20% of the adv henna you use is returned. The stat increase from advanced is way more than normal, and the difference only grows. My point is really that normal henna can only take you so far, but you get more overall value if you wait to use it.

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant the event return, which I believe was 20% of the adv henna you use is returned. The stat increase from advanced is way more than normal, and the difference only grows. My point is really that normal henna can only take you so far, but you get more overall value if you wait to use it.
                        wondering if the benefits of kh could outweigh some adv. henna wastage, plus some balens saving on the longer run?

Comment

Working...
                        X