Announcement

Collapse

Discord

Did you know we run periodic #events for select games on our Discord server? Head on over and select your #role so you don't miss out!
See more
See less

R2...not fair..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alsatia01
    replied
    Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    How is it fair you get to play for free and R2 has to pick up the bills for the server and other infrastructure?

If you are a free player, the LAST THING you can complain about is getting unfair treatment. You can complain about bugs, you can complain about hackers and bug abusers, but NOT fairness. You want fair, then start PAYING like the spenders. THEN, you have a right to complain about fairness.
    I tend to agree.

There are 4~ different types of games from what I've seen.

1) The completely free games.
    2) The free games that offer an 'item mall' for mostly cosmetic changes; game-play largely unaffected.
    3) P2W games, like Wartune. More money has direct causation on win/benefit.
    4) P2P games (most games), you pay a certain amount, and you are able to play with the full benefit. The game is more about the game; skill/expertise/strategy/etc.

In my opinion, the 3rd is the worst setup. From a business perspective, it makes the most money though; R2/Proficient City are businesses, not game companies.

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    How is it fair you get to play for free and R2 has to pick up the bills for the server and other infrastructure?

If you are a free player, the LAST THING you can complain about is getting unfair treatment. You can complain about bugs, you can complain about hackers and bug abusers, but NOT fairness. You want fair, then start PAYING like the spenders. THEN, you have a right to complain about fairness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X