Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Suggestion to improve Battle Ground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fam3rey View Post
    I agree with the honor loss thing. there should be a cap on that. and if there is an attack limit then don't let players keep attacking the same player put a penalty. instead of koa button take honor from repeat attacks past 2 or 3. Im sure most players either don't know about the limit or they care more about body count. and if they care more about body count then make them pay for it. after a few times they lose honor im sure they will stop stalking other players. the attack dagger can change colors to warn someone they will lose honor if they attack.
    Honor loss becomes insignificant for big players at a certain point. Many of those killing the same handful of players over and over would not be phased much by honor loss unless it was really over the top (such as taking away an entire honor rank). How about the opposite of dryads? Kill same person more than 3 times and you lose stats (like dryads, its temporary) for each time you kill that player (or players if its more than one person you're spam killing). Lose a fight and your stats are back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by fam3rey View Post
      are u kidding if that's true then no one pays attention to that there are always a couple of jerks who keep hitting over and over and over on average about 5 times. making it hard for players to get anything in bg. I know im only 3 mill br but I get hit so many times from red sylph players who literally chase me around the place to hit again and again at least penalize them. with this cross server merge its even worse then before I cant even step off the
      steps without getting attacked by the same players . they park on the resource officer or by the steps or on the amethyst waiting for the same person again and again. its a stalker game. im not trying to whine im saying make it a little easier for the rest of us. before I could at least get 1500 honor pure bg now im lucky if I get 500....
      And so the truth comes out. This so-called "suggestion", as I thought, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with fairness, but rather someone who wants to just give it to the big guys without needing to strategise, work or come up with solutions himself. He just wants an "I win" button installed so he can go kick someone he hates in the nuts (i.e., "whales", which at this point, I am not even sure are whales in the true sense of the word).

R2 would do well to ignore suggestions like this because it has no basis in gameplay, just someone wanting an unfair advantage without working for it. Implement a few of these and the game will descend even further and faster into a farce than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
        Honor loss becomes insignificant for big players at a certain point. Many of those killing the same handful of players over and over would not be phased much by honor loss unless it was really over the top (such as taking away an entire honor rank). How about the opposite of dryads? Kill same person more than 3 times and you lose stats (like dryads, its temporary) for each time you kill that player (or players if its more than one person you're spam killing). Lose a fight and your stats are back to normal.
        The opponent gaining dryad has the same effect as you losing stats. Think about it for a second. The only difference might be the rate of closure.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          That is bullcrap. I don't spend on my toon other than VIP, and I can do BG just fine. That is, if I even bother to.

The ONLY reason I go there these days is to find and punish members of guilds that attack my guild. That is when I go to town on them and make them cry while letting them know in exquisite detail why I am doing it.
          the fact that you play in a timezone with fewer players than most of us doesn't mean the rest also do.
          take for example, your server could permit people under 4 million br into chaos war, while many of us in the 4.5-5M range couldn't even be considered for the waiting list (5M was the minimum for waiting list last time).
          that's something players in a more competitive cluster would not be able to have.
          if they have equal spending and equal capability as you, they would still not have received the same rewards as you, and subsequently would not have developed as good as you did.
          even if you get a massive merge now, you've already received all the ranking rewards all the way for 3+ years. that would be a gap that they can't close.

take Z for example. his server cluster was split from mine 1-2 years ago.
          he was able to compete for the CW champion rewards for all those times, plus all the cw, titan, steel war, etc. ranking, and weekly arena & warrior marks.
          that's tons of rewards for such a long period of time.
          now after merging back into my server cluster, my arena teammates killed his team (for once only...not to be mean...and i died after the 50% mark T_T).
          but the team i was doing arena with on that day qualified for titan final for only once (because they had someone under 6.9M br on team, which was me).

Comment

It's not going to help either way.
            The minimum BR in top 100 cross-server in my cluster is 8.4M. Max is like some 16-17M+ (depends on what eudy he has on overnight).
            An "average" player (free players and VIP-only players) in here is only some 3-5M BR (5-6M are present, but rare). That's less than half of the top guys.
            Max dryad is like...50% or 100% all-stats boost maybe? So even maxed dryad they probably still can't even kill the big guys' eudy.
            Negating the dryad effect and imposing it on the big guys, it means we would have to let them get some 10-20 kills before someone stands a chance against their eudy.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              the fact that you play in a timezone with fewer players than most of us doesn't mean the rest also do.
              take for example, your server could permit people under 4 million br into chaos war, while many of us in the 4.5-5M range couldn't even be considered for the waiting list (5M was the minimum for waiting list last time).
              that's something players in a more competitive cluster would not be able to have.
              if they have equal spending and equal capability as you, they would still not have received the same rewards as you, and subsequently would not have developed as good as you did.
              even if you get a massive merge now, you've already received all the ranking rewards all the way for 3+ years. that would be a gap that they can't close.

he was able to compete for the CW champion rewards for all those times, plus all the cw, titan, steel war, etc. ranking, and weekly arena & warrior marks.
              now after merging back into my server cluster, my arena teammates killed his team (for once only...not to be mean...and i died after the 50% mark T_T).
              but the team i was doing arena with on that day qualified for titan final for only once (because they had someone under 6.9M br on team, which was me).
              I am in a server that is in the 500+s, so don't give me the excuse about old servers. The rest of your premise falls apart because of that one simple fact.

Comment

...I'd suggest all honor loss stops after your 3rd death.
                they should really just eliminate honor loss altogether.
                i lost -400 for every time i got killed (the side effect of being an old weak player).
                and my old guild was not strong, so only 400 honor per guild battle.
                if i got killed more than 3 times per week, i couldn't even offset the honor loss by the honor gain from GB.
                right now MOST whales in my cluster are YOUNGER than me.
                they would really want to hunt me for +400 honor per kill if i run out of spawn.
                and i'm not alone. i'm just one of the ordinary in here. we share the same pains.

Comment

we are cannon fodder to the r2 whales r2 will not change bg unless u buy out r2 and own r2 100% of its shares lmao

Comment

I am in a server that is in the 500+s, so don't give me the excuse about old servers. The rest of your premise falls apart because of that one simple fact.
                    I don't know about server numbering and linkage to pop.ulation,
                    but I do know my much weaker servers in 2 of the 4 timezones got MUCH HIGHER ranks due to a much lower pop.ulation.
                    Plus you can go search posts made by the people affected by the last merge.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                      we are cannon fodder to the r2 whales r2 will not change bg unless u buy out r2 and own r2 100% of its shares lmao
                      harry I do have an abandoned alt on your server. i know what you are talking about.
                      and...i actually got BETTER blanket rewards for doing nothing on urs than doing everything on mine.
                      i just can't play in euro time because i have to work in those hours. it's sad.

Comment

I don't know about server numbering and linkage to pop.ulation,
                        but I do know my much weaker servers in 2 of the 4 timezones got MUCH HIGHER ranks due to a much lower pop.ulation.
                        Plus you can go search posts made by the people affected by the last merge.
                        You are the one who brought up old servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                          If I had won the lottery and own R2, I would be getting better programmers and testers, and probably fix up all the mess that has been done.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

You are the one who brought up old servers.
                            Could you please screenshot my post and show me where "old servers" was mentioned or implied?
                            Did "low cross-server population" and "lesser competitive" imply "old servers"?
                            I hope that was not the case.

If you can't read, then please learn to read.
                            If you replied too fast, then please read again before replying.
                            If you meant to change the topic, then end of discussion.

Comment

And so the truth comes out. This so-called "suggestion", as I thought, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with fairness, but rather someone who wants to just give it to the big guys without needing to strategise, work or come up with solutions himself. He just wants an "I win" button installed so he can go kick someone he hates in the nuts (i.e., "whales", which at this point, I am not even sure are whales in the true sense of the word).

R2 would do well to ignore suggestions like this because it has no basis in gameplay, just someone wanting an unfair advantage without working for it. Implement a few of these and the game will descend even further and faster into a farce than it is now.
                              Lol AdaJames, I'm so dissappointed to see you make such an erroneous assumption about the initial post. I'm assuming that you are a person who understands and values a sense of fair play and can ascribe to the fact that the way how the battle ground is run now is rather One-sided. The suggestion came , not as any malicious intent to harm any player (since all players both 'whales' and non-cashers would have access to the opportunity to actually win at least one battle and feel at least a sense of accomplishment in the face of ridiculous odds that at times are heavily stacked against them.)

I'll ignore that statement about wanting an unfair advantage because if you can't see the degree of unfairness that occurs in BG right now and can still think that this very limited suggestion could possibly harm the progress of a 'whaler' then ….lolol…i have nothing more to say…lololol.

P.S the game hasn't fallen apart because of creative suggestions, it fell apart because creative suggestions were ignored by myopic overseers.
                              The suggestion isn't set in stone and is open to tweaking and refinement for the betterment of all players.

Thank you kindly, Alsatia01, R238423534, KS222, MrFancyPants, fam3rey and others for the insightful contributions.
                              Last edited by gibsondion; 04-13-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Could you please screenshot my post and show me where "old servers" was mentioned or implied?
                                Did "low cross-server population" and "lesser competitive" imply "old servers"?
                                I hope that was not the case.

If you can't read, then please learn to read.
                                If you replied too fast, then please read again before replying.
                                If you meant to change the topic, then end of discussion.
                                When you mentioned that I have a 3 year old toon. Show me a S500+ that has been around for 3 years.

See bolded part below

Last edited by AdaJames; 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X