X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdaJames
    replied
    Originally posted by fam3rey View Post
    are u kidding if that's true then no one pays attention to that there are always a couple of jerks who keep hitting over and over and over on average about 5 times. making it hard for players to get anything in bg. I know im only 3 mill br but I get hit so many times from red sylph players who literally chase me around the place to hit again and again at least penalize them. with this cross server merge its even worse then before I cant even step off the
    steps without getting attacked by the same players . they park on the resource officer or by the steps or on the amethyst waiting for the same person again and again. its a stalker game. im not trying to whine im saying make it a little easier for the rest of us. before I could at least get 1500 honor pure bg now im lucky if I get 500....
    And so the truth comes out. This so-called "suggestion", as I thought, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with fairness, but rather someone who wants to just give it to the big guys without needing to strategise, work or come up with solutions himself. He just wants an "I win" button installed so he can go kick someone he hates in the nuts (i.e., "whales", which at this point, I am not even sure are whales in the true sense of the word).

R2 would do well to ignore suggestions like this because it has no basis in gameplay, just someone wanting an unfair advantage without working for it. Implement a few of these and the game will descend even further and faster into a farce than it is now.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    I agree with the honor loss thing. there should be a cap on that. and if there is an attack limit then don't let players keep attacking the same player put a penalty. instead of koa button take honor from repeat attacks past 2 or 3. Im sure most players either don't know about the limit or they care more about body count. and if they care more about body count then make them pay for it. after a few times they lose honor im sure they will stop stalking other players. the attack dagger can change colors to warn someone they will lose honor if they attack.
    Honor loss becomes insignificant for big players at a certain point. Many of those killing the same handful of players over and over would not be phased much by honor loss unless it was really over the top (such as taking away an entire honor rank). How about the opposite of dryads? Kill same person more than 3 times and you lose stats (like dryads, its temporary) for each time you kill that player (or players if its more than one person you're spam killing). Lose a fight and your stats are back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• fam3rey
    replied
    I agree with the honor loss thing. there should be a cap on that. and if there is an attack limit then don't let players keep attacking the same player put a penalty. instead of koa button take honor from repeat attacks past 2 or 3. Im sure most players either don't know about the limit or they care more about body count. and if they care more about body count then make them pay for it. after a few times they lose honor im sure they will stop stalking other players. the attack dagger can change colors to warn someone they will lose honor if they attack.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    There is already a kill limit. 3 times is the limit. After that, you get nothing other than waste time, and unless you royally ****** someone off, no one is going to keep hitting you more than that.

Stop pissing people off.
    That limit applies for honor gain only. Many players are after body count for the titles now and some spawn camp to get high body count without spending as much time chasing people. They often aren't paying attention and don't know/care who they hit. Its not so much harassment or bullying as it is pure laziness. That doesn't make it any less frustrating for the people they hit over and over all bg long though. Fortunately, there are also strong players who hate spawn campers, so there are times when we get to see those lazy folk get destroyed over and over by a stronger player.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by gibsondion View Post
    Hi Developers,

Right now Battle Grounds has greatly improved from what it was 2 years ago but still it is horribly one-sided. Now i understand the obligation to appease paying customers with non-paying customers as fodder but here's my suggestion.

To create some semblance of satisfaction for the weaker players in Battle Grounds, allow every player to have one (1) Kamikaze opportunity.
    - i.e From beginning to end of Battle Ground each player has ONLY ONE OPPORTUNITY to perform a Kamakaze on any player of his choice that enters battle with him.
    The Kamakazi could be activated by a button in the battle screen once battle commences. Once used, the button is deactivated.

Effects of Using Kamikaze Button:
    1. Player who uses Kamakaze receives 150/ 300 Honour for winning & the opponent loses honor (as prescribed by in-game script).
    2. Both Kamakazi User and Opponent receives a 1 minute regeneration penalty.
    3. As a Penalty Kamakazi users will not be allowed to exit game until 5 minutes have passed
    4. As a Penalty, once Kamakazi users spawn, the quarters will eject them into the fighting arena - they are not allowed to hide/ remain in home quarters until 5 minutes have passed.
    4. As a penalty, Players using Kamakazi will also remove 500 crystal gathering points from entire team effort.

PLEASE consider this idea because it will -
    1. Help build the morale of weaker players who are constantly being 'abused' in Battle Ground.
    2. Ensures that each player is able to win at least 1 BG battle to inch closer to the gaming titles i.e Corporal, Sergeant etc
    3. Does not take away from the stronger players who i'm sure will wreak havoc after being Kamakazi'd and will take advantage of the 4 minutes that Kamakazi players are being automatically ejected from base.
    4. Adds a new dimension of gameplay to the Battle Ground
    The one hit KO is a nice idea and would def be a help to those being spawn camped and/or bullied. The cheap shot does need to be tamed down to keep it fair for all though. 1 minute cd is a pretty long "safe" time for the user, just for a start, and its a pretty long punishment for someone who may have done nothing worse than just be higher BR than a frustrated opponent. I can see how the setup, as proposed, can easily be abused. Frustrated player waits til last minute, uses 1 hit KO on someone they want to "get" (doesn't have to be the strongest, I've seen the drama in bgs...sometimes it gets pretty personal between players), and that min long cd keeps them safe from retribution til the bg ends. If the bg has only a couple strong players, a team could literally use that minute cd to gang up on those players; just keep 1 hit KOing them til time up.

Here's what I suggest:
    1) If you use 1 hit KO, you have 0 cd when killed and spawn is offlimits for you.
    2) You can't leave the bg til it ends.
    3) You can't use the 1 hit KO within 5 minutes of end of event (to prevent people from doing a last minute cheap shot).
    4) BG already auto applies the title for your current bodycount rank. If you use 1 hit KO, it changes that title (in bg only) to a title indicating you used your 1 hit KO for the day. Make it big and flashy, but not insulting. It goes away at reset and does not return until 1 hit KO used again.
    5) Once 1 hit KO button is used, player no longer gets any dryads (this resets at reset).
    6) You cannot 1 hit KO same player more than 3 times in one week. Once you reach the limit, button will be grayed out in fights vs people you've used the button on that often.
    7) No player can be on receiving end of 1 hit KO more than 3 times in a day. This may make it a less potent weapon against bullies and spawn campers, but it would also limit abuse.
    8) There must be a confirmation box before 1 hit KO activates; misclicks happen and this would help reduce unnecessary drama.
    9) As tempting as it would be to apply an insulting title to frequent 1 hit KO users, once such is added, people would do it on purpose to earn the "achievement". Any title applied for use of button must be temporary, non insulting, and give no stat benefit or penalty.
    10) Kills from using 1 hit KO button do count towards body count for titles and honor gain. Honor gain cannot exceed daily cap. I suggest including this because it will allow lower BR players to make progress towards titles in bg, even when everyone is a monster compared to them.
    11) No honor loss if you are target of 1 hit KO. This applies only to the particular fight where the button is used. Since players may not always use button on VIP 9 whales who lose nothing and since honor loss can be a very high penalty for non VIP 9 players, if the button is used, the target loses no honor.

Additional thought: One of the big things keeping low BR players out of bg is the honor loss. There are non cash/low cash players who complain about that more than anything else. They'd do bg, even knowing they'll lose most fights, but they can't because they'd get knocked all the way down to elite warrior by "big wallet noobs". There is no cap on how much honor you can lose, but there is cap on how much you can gain... it doesn't take much to end up in the negative on honor "gain". Players tend to go for fast kills due to titles for body count, so the huge honor loss penalty for unwinnable fights becomes a highly unfair penalty that drives people from that part of the game. What I'd suggest is a cap on honor loss. Since honor gain/loss varies by rank and relative rank vs opponent, I'd suggest all honor loss stops after your 3rd death.

Leave a comment:

• fam3rey
    replied
    are u kidding if that's true then no one pays attention to that there are always a couple of jerks who keep hitting over and over and over on average about 5 times. making it hard for players to get anything in bg. I know im only 3 mill br but I get hit so many times from red sylph players who literally chase me around the place to hit again and again at least penalize them. with this cross server merge its even worse then before I cant even step off the
    steps without getting attacked by the same players . they park on the resource officer or by the steps or on the amethyst waiting for the same person again and again. its a stalker game. im not trying to whine im saying make it a little easier for the rest of us. before I could at least get 1500 honor pure bg now im lucky if I get 500....

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    I was using a level 30 alt and I was getting my dryad to level 36 before I can take on a person who I thought was stronger than me and won. While I still think those in different classifications (like regular, class advance, knighthood, titan) should be branched off into their own respective brackets, I highly doubt that R2 will come away from their generic "one size fits all" spiel. So if you find a Clifford in the Puppy Bowl, just laugh at them for being grouped with you and not with the big dogs.

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    ya but making a kill limit having more spawn and making towers pay can help newbies get a chance... if they have a chance more people will play. and if whales actually have to work they might not play in bg
    There is already a kill limit. 3 times is the limit. After that, you get nothing other than waste time, and unless you royally ****** someone off, no one is going to keep hitting you more than that.

Stop pissing people off.

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    Originally posted by NEbeast View Post
    The bigger problem with BG is that now ONLY the whales remain, all else has quit. So you go into BG, and cant win ANY battle unless you spent 10k+ USD. Dryad or no dryad.
    That is bullcrap. I don't spend on my toon other than VIP, and I can do BG just fine. That is, if I even bother to.

The ONLY reason I go there these days is to find and punish members of guilds that attack my guild. That is when I go to town on them and make them cry while letting them know in exquisite detail why I am doing it.

Leave a comment:

• fam3rey
    replied
    ya but making a kill limit having more spawn and making towers pay can help newbies get a chance... if they have a chance more people will play. and if whales actually have to work they might not play in bg

Leave a comment:

• NEbeast
    replied
    The bigger problem with BG is that now ONLY the whales remain, all else has quit. So you go into BG, and cant win ANY battle unless you spent 10k+ USD. Dryad or no dryad.

Leave a comment:

• fam3rey
    replied
    u wanna make suggestions to improve bg better then here's one. make a kill limit. u can only kill the same player 2 or 3 times that way the noobies have a chance. have more spawns and stop the resource officer from being
    killed. it will slow down the whales if they cant chase the noobies around killing them 10 times and targeting them. it will also stop campers because they cant attack after 2 or 3 times. if they cant attack they wont camp.. make the wining side get more honor so people will chase towers instead of each other. this will help a lot

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    LOLz we can simplify it this way:
    add an 'OHKO' skill for BG. its effect is exactly same as an instant kill by a WB/DI boss.
    it has a one-use limit per day, and reset is same as everything else, at midnight each day.

now i'll be excited to see every weakling victim using their OHKO skill against a whale spawn camper LOL

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by gibsondion View Post
    2. Both Kamakazi User and Opponent receives a 1 minute regeneration penalty.
    And if, as seems likely, all the kamikaze players go after the strongest opponent? That's a lot of down time to one player.
    Take that out, and it's not a bad idea. I'd still prefer to see the dryad buff made into an exponential growth (only for losing to another player, obviously), but there are a few ways to make BG possible for everyone to participate.

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    It is not supposed to be balanced. It is basically a spit in the face of whales. That is the intended purpose of the whole exercise couched in marginally acceptable language.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X