chaos war list bottom spot :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaos war list bottom spot :(

what's the lowest br cut for everyone's server?

mine is a relatively weak one, requiring only about 5.3m br to get the bottom spot for chaos war tonight.
    it's THE weakest one i ever played in this timezone (and that could be THE reason why i stayed here).
    and i'm NOT on it coz i had 2 white sylphs on (for collecting exp) & forgot to renew medallion nor do dimensions for weeks.

cousin's server got a recent merge, and lowest on hers is 6.3m. she said she'd quit at any moment.
    my other inactive toons in same timezone are on servers with 6.45m & 5.86m respectively.

now none of my best friends in this timezone are in chaos war. it's depressing like hell.
    anyone else feel the same?
    Above 7 million
    0.00%
    6-7M
    0.00%
    5-6M
    70.00%
    4-5M
    20.00%
    3-4M
    0.00%
    Under 3 million
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    what's the lowest br cut for everyone's server?

mine is a relatively weak one, requiring only about 5.3m br to get the bottom spot for chaos war tonight.
    it's THE weakest one i ever played in this timezone (and that could be THE reason why i stayed here).
    and i'm NOT on it coz i had 2 white sylphs on (for collecting exp) & forgot to renew medallion nor do dimensions for weeks.

cousin's server got a recent merge, and lowest on hers is 6.3m. she said she'd quit at any moment.
    my other inactive toons in same timezone are on servers with 6.45m & 5.86m respectively.

now none of my best friends in this timezone are in chaos war. it's depressing like hell.
    anyone else feel the same?
    Not really?

Double-edged sword. Sure, it may suck to not be able to play in the event, but if the server lead let in a bunch of lower BR's the server overall wouldn't do as well.

Maybe you could argue to your server that ~X% should be done by the highest rank, and the other ~Y% should be cycled every Chaos War. There are several problems with this type of idea. The lower percent of people (that Y% replaced) who would normally place just got screwed out of their spot, even though they technically 'made the cut'. You have to ensure that the person who is leading the group (which can change often if its a very competitive server), also has access to information on who should be going that cycle, and that they are all willing to use the system. Allowing even 5 people in (who wouldn't make the cut otherwise) may screw over your server completely.

There are plenty of problems with Chaos War, everyone wants to play, and everyone wants rewards. It's really easy to see the problems with the event, but I have yet to see even a vaguely decent solution that would make players happy.
    Last edited by Alsatia01; 04-19-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

4.3 on us. and well. never merged so all homegrown (sort of speak :P)
      Kabam -57 Archer
      Kabam -67 Knight
      Non casher and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
        Not really?

Double-edged sword. Sure, it may suck to not be able to play in the event, but if the server lead let in a bunch of lower BR's the server overall wouldn't do as well.

Maybe you could argue to your server that ~X% should be done by the highest rank, and the other ~Y% should be cycled every Chaos War. There are several problems with this type of idea. The lower percent of people (that Y% replaced) who would normally place just got screwed out of their spot, even though they technically 'made the cut'. You have to ensure that the person who is leading the group (which can change often if its a very competitive server), also has access to information on who should be going that cycle, and that they are all willing to use the system. Allowing even 5 people in (who wouldn't make the cut otherwise) may screw over your server completely.

There are plenty of problems with Chaos War, everyone wants to play, and everyone wants rewards. It's really easy to see the problems with the event, but I have yet to see even a vaguely decent solution that would make players happy.
        i've been on servers ranked all the way between 1 and 19.
        bluntly speaking, except for final rank 1, and maybe final rank 2 (if they ranked 1 for prelim), rewards for non-participants are not that different.
        so far i only have 3 non-participating toons with the pyre horse mount, and those two were on rank 1 servers in 2 different timezones.
        the participating toons, on the other hand, had always chosen a weaker, friendlier server, got the pyre horse in the first month.
        the sub-10,000 rewards are like some extra moon rocks, a few extra advanced mahra/sep, and some 2-200 runestones.
        different? not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmikc View Post
          4.3 on us. and well. never merged so all homegrown (sort of speak :P)
          lucky u

Comment

5m and half of them will be offline so we will fill with many 4m or less.
            East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
              5m and half of them will be offline so we will fill with many 4m or less.
              i just checked all of mine...all online *shivers* guess i'm just better off not wasting the hour online until 8:45pm...

Comment

Working...
              X