Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

tanks kick & lock out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanks kick & lock out

now we can't leave tanks without losing rewards.
    it would be good to cancel the 5-minute inactivity kick and the last-5-minute lock out.
    matching is generally rigged.
    sometimes people got stunned for 5 minutes straight or opponents all shield up or defense too high so they can't get points. but they are not afk.
    it's already very tough to do tanks given that many merged servers are 1+ years apart in age.
    there's no possibility for those who had started a year late to catch up with tank levels unless the old players don't play.
    it's really upsetting for anyone who joined tanks and can't even get 5 runestones from a failure chest, especially if they stayed active for 18+ minutes but got stunned and kicked near the end.
    the last-5-minute lock out is also unnecessary, since the only way to get rewards is to stay until the end.
    just a suggestion.

You don't get stunned for 5 minutes straight. You just die, and then you can move around.

Comment

Tanks is just basic, dependent on the tank used. There is no "added" stats like from the character. I've been known to hit on larger tanks with the "cheapo", only because of what I always get (either laser or stunner) when I get in. And as Ada stated, once you're dead, you can freely move around, unless of course you ticked off someone and they will follow your bubble until you respawn back, which I've been known to follow around.

It's the only event (thus far) that has some sort of strategy to it; unless, you get a few dweebs on your side who will just sit and AFK.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Even moving around while dead resets the kickout timer, so basically, the whole idea of getting kicked while stunlocked is complete bull. It is someone who was AFKing that got kicked and he is complaining that he can't do that and screw fellow players of a good game (for a give value of good) any more.

Just a jerk trying to be a jerk and whining that the game won't let him any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          ...unless, you get a few dweebs on your side who will just sit and AFK.
          Unfortunately, that was usually the case for me.
          I don't mind carrying AFKers along if I were able to.
          But they being AFK means I'm the only one who's fighting, which is very difficult if all 4 opponents have better tanks than me.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            Even moving around while dead resets the kickout timer, so basically, the whole idea of getting kicked while stunlocked is complete bull. It is someone who was AFKing that got kicked and he is complaining that he can't do that and screw fellow players of a good game (for a give value of good) any more.

Just a jerk trying to be a jerk and whining that the game won't let him any more.
            I'm not sure if you read my post at all. I need the runestones, and need the second chest for more runestones. Your AFK scenario doesn't apply.

Comment

Regarding Timeout Kicks:
              Not sure if my server is any different than yours, or maybe my lag is worse than yours.
              Just had another 1v4 tanks battle a moment ago, with all 4 opponents just kept stunning with no end.
              Speaking of rigged matching. My toon is 14 months younger than all of theirs (right now only 1 or 2 other players from my original server still play tanks).
              I did not get kicked for this time, but only managed to fire a few shots.
              I have it recorded, but not sure how to edit out just the names from the video (not good at video editing).
              Maybe you tell me how to hide just the names and I can post it.
              Or I will create a new alt and record a video when I have time (but to do that I would have to sacrifice another day of tanks rewards ).

Regarding The Last-5-Minute Rule:
              I really don't think 5 runestones is worth 25 minutes of time. Just let us join in the last 5 minutes and get whatever rewards please.

What I really need is the small runestones, not the temp mount shards (I DON'T use temp mounts).
              Being on a server with people from August 2012 all the way through 2014 is very difficult for the newer servers.
              And the stronger players are actually from the new servers, not the old ones.

PS. To someone: jumping to conclusion and name calling simply shows your lack of basic etiquette, even if you are not legally accountable for such behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                Unfortunately, that was usually the case for me.
                I don't mind carrying AFKers along if I were able to.
                But they being AFK means I'm the only one who's fighting, which is very difficult if all 4 opponents have better tanks than me.
                Yeah, there was one time (in the first months) I had heard a guildie got people from the rival guild on their team who just sat there while others are getting the glory, leaving that guildie to try and fend for themselves. Since then, we always take our own and lock the rooms so outsiders won't go in. I know it's kind of sad, but it's the only way.

Sometimes, if someone needs to get a win for the CA quest, I would coordinate with the other team (in our guild as well) to set up a full room and don't go in until I let them know when. 9 times out of 10, it would work since I know others are in fights and no one else can get in; and we just go forth on it to help our guildie out.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I'm not sure if you read my post at all. I need the runestones, and need the second chest for more runestones. Your AFK scenario doesn't apply.
                  Says who? Coming in and AFK-ing will give you the chest without any effort, especially if it is the last 5 min. Wanting to be able to come in the last 5 min is the hallmark of an AFKer. Someone who wants to win would be there in the first couple of minutes and be done within 5 min.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    Says who? Coming in and AFK-ing will give you the chest without any effort, especially if it is the last 5 min. Wanting to be able to come in the last 5 min is the hallmark of an AFKer. Someone who wants to win would be there in the first couple of minutes and be done within 5 min.
                    Get what chest without effort?
                    A failure chest only gives 5 runestones.
                    A victory chest plus a diamond runestone pack is 30+ runestones. That's 6+ times the failure chest you got "effortlessly".
                    You can go AFK tanks for the whole week, and still get about the same as one victory plus the top spot for one day.

Am I the only one who sees someone can't do math and labor measuring in here?
                    Which is more labor intensive?
                    Do one full tanks and get victory chest plus diamond runestone pack for one day per week,
                    OR
                    do 7 AFK tanks and get failure chest for 7 days straight, and still risk being kicked?
                    Sometimes a little common sense helps.

As for the last 5 minute thing, on my server most people who still do tanks are the ones with regular runes already maxed.
                    They just want to get it done fast, and they would ruthlessly beat their opponents into a pulp and never give them a chance to get a kill, all for the goal of getting it done fast.
                    I'm from the youngest server of the merge. Most people from this server don't do tanks unless they have a clique from the older servers, because most our tanks are 40+ levels below most of theirs.
                    But the only ones with a clique are the few top cashers. We small players don't have such luxury.
                    We small newbies need to wait until the bigs are all in a full room or have already finished before we enter, because we really need the runestones.
                    We are not brave enough to challenge the old tanks. Tanks level is a pure time-based thing. There's no strategy and no cash involved for tanks leveling.
                    I'm pretty sure we are not the first or only server with such age diversity, and don't think it unreasonable to give the newer servers a chance.

Comment

Actually, I did not believe you at all when you say you wanted runestones. As I said, you feel more like an AFKer with your demand for entrance in the last 5min. You don't need entrance in the last 5min if you are really going for a win. You can be there first thing and win within 5min, as I said.

Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Actually, I did not believe you are replying to the topic of this thread at all. As I said, you feel more like a troll with your lust for spoiling other people's discussion in the first minute you see such a chance. You don't need to attack anyone if you are really going to help forum participants. You can be the silent thing and just read through if you have nothing constructive to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          ...It's the only event (thus far) that has some sort of strategy to it...
                          If both tanks are the same level, then yes it is based on strategy.
                          But tanks level is a pure time-based thing. There's no strategy and no cash involved for tanks leveling.
                          And no way to catch up (including cashing) if the old tanks still keep playing.

Comment

Get what chest without effort?
                            A failure chest only gives 5 runestones.
                            A victory chest plus a diamond runestone pack is 30+ runestones. That's 6+ times the failure chest you got "effortlessly".
                            You can go AFK tanks for the whole week, and still get about the same as one victory plus the top spot for one day.

Am I the only one who sees someone can't do math and labor measuring in here?
                            Which is more labor intensive?
                            Do one full tanks and get victory chest plus diamond runestone pack for one day per week,
                            OR
                            do 7 AFK tanks and get failure chest for 7 days straight, and still risk being kicked?
                            Sometimes a little common sense helps.
                            But how do you guarantee you get that top-spot victory in your once per week attempt? Only way is to use a trash alt as the opposition and hope no one else spoils it. A contested tank match gives no guarantee of victory, much less top spot, and is vastly more effort than a week of afk. So the afk-ers may be making the smarter play.

As for the rest, you're completely right, tanks sucks for new players because there are players with at least double their tank stats, and new players need runes more than old players. It just compounds the awfulness of the event.

Comment

Actually, I did not believe you are replying to the topic of this thread at all. As I said, you feel more like a troll with your lust for spoiling other people's discussion in the first minute you see such a chance. You don't need to attack anyone if you are really going to help forum participants. You can be the silent thing and just read through if you have nothing constructive to say.

Lol! I rest my case.

R2, take note! No last 5min entry and give the room leader the ability to kick AFKers.

Comment

Working...
                              X