tanks kick & lock out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    If both tanks are the same level, then yes it is based on strategy.
    But tanks level is a pure time-based thing. There's no strategy and no cash involved for tanks leveling.
    And no way to catch up (including cashing) if the old tanks still keep playing.
    Actually, before I decided to spend the 1k balens to unlock the highest tank, I had used a cheapo against those who had the high end tank. As I have said, my two best power ups are the laser (for quick DPS) and the stunner (to prevent them from doing anything while I pummel them dry). This along with alternating the primary (machine gun) and secondary (power up) takes a bit of practice but can be done. Strategy comes in when you and your team work together in killing (concentrating all fire onto) one at a time for points. Again, there is no stat boost on a generic tank in the way of character BR or whatever. The only time a tank takes up on stats (HP, STR/INT, etc.) is through Cross Server Guild Wars and if you get into one; and probably Steel War since it does take a long time before the towers can kill me and I break the door through.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Don't bother with spending balens on it. Just play the game enough and you'll level it naturally. My tech level is such that I have more than the HP of the starting tank in tech bonus alone. Over L70, the last I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        But how do you guarantee you get that top-spot victory in your once per week attempt? Only way is to use a trash alt as the opposition and hope no one else spoils it. A contested tank match gives no guarantee of victory, much less top spot, and is vastly more effort than a week of afk. So the afk-ers may be making the smarter play.

As for the rest, you're completely right, tanks sucks for new players because there are players with at least double their tank stats, and new players need runes more than old players. It just compounds the awfulness of the event.
        I always have an alt in the match~~

To answer your question how to guarantee it's a top spot victory, it's easy to make the judgement based on who are in the room, and stay only if all those conditions are met:
        1)-your opponent team has at least 2 weaker tanks (just afk is not enough, need to be weaker and easier to kill), including alts.
        2)-your teammates are not afk, but they are not significantly stronger than you. For this one you do have full control.
        If both conditions are met, then stay for 25 minutes and play at full throttle. Otherwise, just leave and go do something else.
        There's still no guarantee, but there's higher chance to have 1 out of 7 days that meet such conditions.

Going AFK means you have to check back every 5 minutes to avoid getting kicked, which pretty much means you are not really AFK, just not fighting.
        Plus the reputation harm, it's really not worth the measly 5 runestones per day.

Tanks is just horribly fretting.
        Now it doesn't even count towards daily devotion, which makes it even more worthless if we don't need the small runestones.
        Maybe they should just drop runestones like SCs in dimensions so small newbies like me can forget tanks.
        Tanks could be fun and challenging when everyone's tank was about the same level.
        But my toon is always younger than everyone else so never got the chance to enjoy this competition, which is based purely on tank age and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          ...give the room leader the ability to kick AFKers.
          LOL Are we playing the same game? Has Wartune's tanks trial ever have a room leader after it has started? Man you are on the wrong forum

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Actually, before I decided to spend the 1k balens to unlock the highest tank, I had used a cheapo against those who had the high end tank. As I have said, my two best power ups are the laser (for quick DPS) and the stunner (to prevent them from doing anything while I pummel them dry). This along with alternating the primary (machine gun) and secondary (power up) takes a bit of practice but can be done. Strategy comes in when you and your team work together in killing (concentrating all fire onto) one at a time for points. Again, there is no stat boost on a generic tank in the way of character BR or whatever. The only time a tank takes up on stats (HP, STR/INT, etc.) is through Cross Server Guild Wars and if you get into one; and probably Steel War since it does take a long time before the towers can kill me and I break the door through.
            Not sure how far the tanks levels differ in your case. Tanks differ by more than 1 year in age are like mature adults beating up newborn babies.
            If ONE opponent can shoot any of your teammates dead with only 2 or 3 shots, while your teammates need some 20+ shots to take him down, that one big bully is still going to win even if he's 1 vs. 4.
            Stunning seems to be the only thing that helps, but it seems like higher level tanks also have a higher chance to stun the lower level tanks, and the big bully could perfectly shoot you dead before the stun on you is over.
            Some 80% of the tankers on my server are big like that. The remaining 20% are the poor little ones who can't survive 4 shots of 1700 damage each (if they get laser or napalm it'll be 2-shot-KO for us).
            In my experience, big tanks love to bully. They just want everyone to come close to them just to get killed. And they don't listen and let every participant get a kill.

Comment

it's been 2 years and people still dont know how to do fast tank?

step 1: make an alt who can join tanks, preferably on lvl 1 tank.
              step 2: each of your alt and main stand by on their own room, then both hit the start button at same time around 21:48:30 - 21:49:30.

this way, you will be matched against your alt unless there's someone else using the same trick.
              if someone else jumped into the fight, there are 2 possibilities:
              > he ended in your side: no big deal, just exit your alt and you got a win. or maybe after you killed your alt if you want diamond chest.
              > he ended on your alt's side: just focus on killing your low level alt for quick point. at worst the fight will took 5 minutes, and you already racked up points from killing your alt.
              since you started nearly at the lock up time, there shouldnt be more than 1 or 2 jumpers.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Not sure how far the tanks levels differ in your case. Tanks differ by more than 1 year in age are like mature adults beating up newborn babies.
                If ONE opponent can shoot any of your teammates dead with only 2 or 3 shots, while your teammates need some 20+ shots to take him down, that one big bully is still going to win even if he's 1 vs. 4.
                Stunning seems to be the only thing that helps, but it seems like higher level tanks also have a higher chance to stun the lower level tanks, and the big bully could perfectly shoot you dead before the stun on you is over.
                Some 80% of the tankers on my server are big like that. The remaining 20% are the poor little ones who can't survive 4 shots of 1700 damage each (if they get laser or napalm it'll be 2-shot-KO for us).
                In my experience, big tanks love to bully. They just want everyone to come close to them just to get killed. And they don't listen and let every participant get a kill.
                As with any warfare type of game, I am always one who either kills something quickly or just disable and kill. I had a few that gang up on me, and been in a few where we gang up on them. Just depends on how fast a team can take out that one before moving onto the next. I am always mashing between the primary and secondary modules while trying to "dance" around a target. Any other attack beside laser will take a long time (especially AOE type of attacks which can be disasterous if the targets moved away from the zone as it was being charged) to fire off. If anyone manage to get the stunner (aka "spinal tap") to fire on a target, then they can empty the entire clip. Most people run away after getting hit/destroyed; myself, I just follow my last target in destroyed status so when I come back to life, I will have revenge.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

LOL Are we playing the same game? Has Wartune's tanks trial ever have a room leader after it has started? Man you are on the wrong forum
                  Hence, why I asked for it to be implemented.

That you are a moron goes without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    it's been 2 years and people still dont know how to do fast tank?

step 1: make an alt who can join tanks, preferably on lvl 1 tank.
                    step 2: each of your alt and main stand by on their own room, then both hit the start button at same time around 21:48:30 - 21:49:30.

this way, you will be matched against your alt unless there's someone else using the same trick.
                    if someone else jumped into the fight, there are 2 possibilities:
                    > he ended in your side: no big deal, just exit your alt and you got a win. or maybe after you killed your alt if you want diamond chest.
                    > he ended on your alt's side: just focus on killing your low level alt for quick point. at worst the fight will took 5 minutes, and you already racked up points from killing your alt.
                    since you started nearly at the lock up time, there shouldnt be more than 1 or 2 jumpers.
                    shh...been doing it, but matching had staggered people in-between more often since the latest server merge. I had ended up in 4 separate tankfields before.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                      Hence, why I asked for it to be implemented.

That you are a moron goes without saying.
                      where in your original post had mentioned you were asking for it to be implemented?
                      you sounded like the feature in your imagination were already in the game, which was false.
                      geez only losers would expect people to read their head (if you have one at all).

*sees someone opens her smelly mouth and about to blast*
                      *dodges her mouth blast and runs away covering nose with a breathing mask*

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                        As with any warfare type of game, I am always one who either kills something quickly or just disable and kill. I had a few that gang up on me, and been in a few where we gang up on them. Just depends on how fast a team can take out that one before moving onto the next. I am always mashing between the primary and secondary modules while trying to "dance" around a target. Any other attack beside laser will take a long time (especially AOE type of attacks which can be disasterous if the targets moved away from the zone as it was being charged) to fire off. If anyone manage to get the stunner (aka "spinal tap") to fire on a target, then they can empty the entire clip. Most people run away after getting hit/destroyed; myself, I just follow my last target in destroyed status so when I come back to life, I will have revenge.
                        Sounds like you do have servers newer than yours in your group. Lucky you.
                        I have an inactive alt that could do the same. Its server is the 5th oldest server out of the 9 merged servers. On a lucky day I could do what you did.
                        But against people who are 1+ years older than me, it doesn't seem to go well.
                        Let's say, a big tank only needs 5 laser shots to kill my tank, while I need 15 laser shots to kill his. If we duel 1 vs. 1, his death toll is 3 times mine.
                        If there are 4 of such big tanks on opposite side and all small tanks on my side...my side could appreciate the fast battle LOL
                        Not kidding you. I can kill my alt's tiny tank with 2 laser shots or 3 default shots, while she needed 2 full lasers (40 shots?) to get a kill from me.
                        I guess the big tanks look at my tank in the same way I look at my alt's tank. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X