Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me im wrong about mage rage gain when knighted!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me im wrong about mage rage gain when knighted!!!!

when knighted archers rage gain skill gives 20 rage and they get a passive for a chance at an additional 10
    knights get 30 on their main skill and a chance for an additional 30
    mages only get 10 and nothing else?

Have a read wrong or is this right? If so this is someones poor excuse for a joke lmao
    Maximum of 10 rage per turn with now passive and most skill cost 100 rage to cast not to mention while archers and knights get skills that steal/take awakening point mages get a skill that has a small chance to take some awekening points
    so there is no point to play mage end game because healing will be impossible with a max of 10 rage per turn and most skill taking 80-100 rage to cast might as well just use a eudemon
    again ill be VERY happy to admit i am wrong

you get +10 from the armour as well but so do the other classes.

also get to do less damage than archers and knight and with the rage and the other classes damage/bleed buffs its actually much much less.

wait till you see the restoration set the whole set together is worse than 1 blessed on the older set.

Comment

Nope.

The anti-mage hate started with Advanced Class where the mages got shafted HARD (360% damage divided amongst ALL targets is just a kick to the nads for mages, and that heal for ALL your rage to a max of 90k hp is just additional kicks to the teeth).

With KH, they took it to the logical extreme.

7Road devs must all be archers.

Comment

7road/r2 have manhood issues..
        ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Could be.

Don't forget the Wind Ranger is deliberately targeted at Mages, and the Flying Rabbit is also arguably anti-Mage with its % based Mdef reduction skill. Don't know about the new dwarf. Don't have it yet.

Comment

Wish i had done more research before choosing my class lol. I played on kongregate s1 back when it was new and stopped playing for a couple years didnt know anything about the CA or KH systems.
            If I had i would definitely chosen another class i dont see how the devs of any game could deliberately do this to their game.
            If there are any devs that can tell us their reasoning for this? There has to be a reason, I now everyone shows a lot of hate to r2 and their games but if you're raking the time to complain clearly you enoyed the game somewhat. But i Don't think they did this because "they are just anti-mage"

Comment

This is relatively recent. Even a year ago, we didn't have this kind of shafting. This started maybe about 6-9 months ago.

I think a few devs got butthurt by mages and decided to take revenge.

But you have to realise that the archer bias has always been there. Every single mini-game is biased towards archers: World Boss, Forgotten Catacombs (and Necropolis and Maze), the old (and now defunct) God Descent, etc. They are all single target damage race type games, and archers excel at that.
              Last edited by AdaJames; 05-04-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                Nope.

The anti-mage hate started with Advanced Class where the mages got shafted HARD (360% damage divided amongst ALL targets is just a kick to the nads for mages, and that heal for ALL your rage to a max of 90k hp is just additional kicks to the teeth).

With KH, they took it to the logical extreme.

7Road devs must all be archers.
                So the advanced class mage skills suck? So do the ones for every class. Knights had 2 good skills for a while, but mars' will got nerfed, so now it's one decent skill for each class (the stunning one). And I'd say two of the skills for each class are a total insult.

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                Could be.

Don't forget the Wind Ranger is deliberately targeted at Mages, and the Flying Rabbit is also arguably anti-Mage with its % based Mdef reduction skill. Don't know about the new dwarf. Don't have it yet.
                Flying Rabbit is still less effective vs. mages, since it reduces any mdef; it's going to hit knights hardest. Not like it matters anyway, eudaemons don't do significant damage in pvp.
                Wind ranger definitely, though - three skills and a passive that cut down on mdmg. If they didn't die so easily, that could be really unbalancing.

Comment

This whole KH skill revamp is completely B.S. They just destroyed the decent characters we took years to build and replaced it with a new one that we aren't familiar with, and the new skill system is terribly rigid and limited.
                  The offensive path of all 3 classes is kind of ok. All skills sound OP, but there are only 5 active skills possible, and we can't have skills from both paths on the same skill bar, so it's still too rigid and too limited.
                  The defensive path of all 3 classes is just horrible, especially for archers. But on the other hand, archers are still ok without those defensive skills for most of the time. The more important thing is to build better stats. So effectively they have turned the archer class the stats class. Without KH, knights are the stats class since their skill tree is the fewest number of useful skills. Now it is the archer. Kind of a paradigm shift for the game.
                  Knights and mages are kind of shafted in the sense that these two classes do need the defensive skills, but they can't use the offensive skills at the same time, so they are always a sucker for some parts of the game no matter which path they choose.
                  Before KH, they can use a flexible skill spec and can shield or heal while using big hits. Now they can't. KH knights can't even survive a big hit in WB or DI any more.
                  Besides, path switch is terribly expensive without SC, so even if they give you both paths for free, if you don't pay for SC, you might still have to stick with only one path any ways.
                  Since the offensive path is much better than the defensive path, there's no reason to stick with the defensive path, so it basically means non-archers are all knights with no shield and mages with no heal, aka they are all fake archers with no archer passives!!!
                  It seems like they have turned everyone into an archer, but not everyone gets those OP skills and passives like an archer does.

Comment

Originally posted by R231350362 View Post
                    when knighted archers rage gain skill gives 20 rage and they get a passive for a chance at an additional 10
                    knights get 30 on their main skill and a chance for an additional 30
                    mages only get 10 and nothing else?

Have a read wrong or is this right? If so this is someones poor excuse for a joke lmao
                    Maximum of 10 rage per turn with now passive and most skill cost 100 rage to cast not to mention while archers and knights get skills that steal/take awakening point mages get a skill that has a small chance to take some awekening points
                    so there is no point to play mage end game because healing will be impossible with a max of 10 rage per turn and most skill taking 80-100 rage to cast might as well just use a eudemon
                    again ill be VERY happy to admit i am wrong
                    It's more like, knighted mages don't get more rage regain abilities like the other two classes, so they aren't at advantage.

But on the other hand, you play a class because you are good at playing that class, or you enjoy playing it, not because the game developer favors that class more than the rest.
                    Your game is there to serve your entertainment purpose, not the other way around.
                    If you play a certain class because the dev loves it better, then you are serving the dev, not the dev serving you.
                    Same thing goes for teammates.
                    After all, for a game, it's more important that you love yourself than that others love you.
                    Not that I think you should play a social game to be less loved by your teammates, but that I think you should love your class because it attracts you, not because it's appealing to others.
                    At least for me, game is entertainment, which by definition is something I pay in exchange for enjoyment.
                    The most important thing is that I feel happy while being entertained. I play the class I like to play. That is enjoyment to me.

Knights were considered "shafted" to begin with, and they still are. But in the old days, it excelled for people with more money and less time/effort for game, because PvE set materials were difficult to farm and knights were known to have no immediate need for PvE set (due to their higher rage regain passive).
                    After KH, knights and archers are not that different any more, so knight is almost an extinct class after the convergent evolution (KH).

Archers seem to be "favored" by the game to begin with, and after KH they also seem to be the only class that doesn't have to be a sucker for some part of the game.
                    But archers are more PvE bound and far less flexible than the other two (until KH). End game, PvE is not much of a challenge for most players.

Mages were sort of OP before there were dps-based events giving crucial materials. They were less expensive to build, and more OP for PvP than the other two.
                    But mages are bound for PvP and group activities. They aren't as good for solo and dps events. And they are the only ones who have to check everyone's buff and HP all the time, which is very bad for slackers and laggers.
                    People with less time for game would find it difficult to devote that sort of time and concentration on a game.

I had one free character of each class to begin with, and had devoted equal effort on each.
                    The mage quickly dropped out of the active side, because it seemed to take more time and effort to build, even though it was my strongest toon before I started spending.
                    The knight required the least amount of time and effort to start. All I needed was good stats, which could be obtained purely from shops and events, that was why I picked her as my main. I retired the toon, because I didn't want to delve too deep into a game, but so far that is still my best toon (and the only one with significant spending).
                    The archer was terribly weak and useless to begin with, because I had no PvE set and got no rage to use. Once I got the PvE set (70 set), it did seem like a better choice than the knight. But at that time, farming 70 was very tedious, by the time when I finished it, all effort and cash were already allocated to the knight, so the archer remained semi-active until I retired the knight. Now this is my only active toon, and the only one I think would benefit from KH without losing much unique capability. But I don't think she'll ever get the same amount of money I spent on the knight, because game had ticked me off too badly.

Comment

Anyone who believe that the most non-damaging class in any situation, in a game where damage is acknowledged to be king, is somehow OP, is... delusional.

Comment

all classes ave their good sides and bad sides at 1 stage knights was op at beginning of game with damage and shields then it was mages with their constant heals etc then archers had a good start in wb with the slow skill then that got removed from wb so each class has it upsides and downsides

now its who has the better slyph and wind ranger lol and the gold credit card lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                          all classes ave their good sides and bad sides at 1 stage knights was op at beginning of game with damage and shields then it was mages with their constant heals etc then archers had a good start in wb with the slow skill then that got removed from wb so each class has it upsides and downsides

now its who has the better slyph and wind ranger lol and the gold credit card lol
                          now they let kh turn everyone into an archer by giving a godawful defensive skill path for everyone, that's just ... speechless >.<

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                            now they let kh turn everyone into an archer by giving a godawful defensive skill path for everyone, that's just ... speechless >.<
                            The archer defense skills aren't bad, they just are nowhere near as good as the offense, which is just a wrecking ball of damage. And the knight's shields are pretty decent, but only useful if you're partied up with some archers to do the damage.
                            Mage heals are an embarrassment though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                              The archer defense skills aren't bad, they just are nowhere near as good as the offense, which is just a wrecking ball of damage. And the knight's shields are pretty decent, but only useful if you're partied up with some archers to do the damage.
                              Mage heals are an embarrassment though.
                              so far i haven't seen that many use defensive path except for arena and tok maybe.
                              and they can't switch path without paying for it (either with SC or balens) so...
                              there ARE kh players being too cheap to pay for SC (& they never have full hp...)

Comment

Working...
                              X