Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

About Group Arena and Level camping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And again, and again....

Click image for larger version

Name:	sad2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	1724885

**he is level 36 not 39**
    TStrongâ„¢ Level campers Since. 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01
      That was just an example, but that is demonstrably false. Having a lower BR directly effects the damage calculation, from that alone the lower level person will be taking a massive amount more damage. That's not even counting the massive number of advantages the level 80 has.

You will never get a fight with anyone in that case. If it looks for people with similar levels and similar BR, you will only fight other hard-core campers, which are quite rare. I ask again, what exactly are you advocating for?
      And new players? please read my post again
      Last edited by LydiaTStrong2; 05-13-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

L39 and 70k is not strong?

Only in camperland...

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          L39 and 70k is not strong?

Only in camperland...

I have 180k on 38. so yes, in "camperland" he is weak. Now forget about campers and think in new players, Why 1 poor noob who just start the game have to face this guys?
          please don't say that I'm discussing this for my benefict, believe me, I realy don't need insignias or titles anymore...

Comment

In the case of the Cliffords (those who are very powerful that they stick out like a sore thumb just like Clifford the Big Red Dog) versus the Puppy Bowl (those who are building up or starting out), I will have to say this Willy-Nilly method of matching is very bad. I am sure some of us (myself included) would like for some interesting fights (not just easy victories or losses), but there will be those who will complain that a fight takes about 5 minutes or more until the last one is dead. Well, if you're in that situation, both sides are doing something right that by biding their time until either side makes a fatal mistake and loses. However, there shouldn't be any reason a level 30 be matched with a full level 80 titan team. It's not even logical. That's like pitting a Yugo against a Lambo and expecting the Yugo to win.

7Road/Procity are just lazy to come up with a decent matching algorithm. They often make excuses that there won't be enough people to participate or to get a match going. Ha, then I guess by seeing at least 8-10 other platforms is not enough in this day and age. Arena is no longer interesting for me. I just go in for one match, and don't touch it for the rest of the week and collect the 900 league insigs to be used towards another leo mount to be recycled into 120 souls.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Match by level range and people say it's not fair to be matched against campers who have a much higher battle rating. Match by battle rating, and people say it's not fair for lower levels who don't have all the features unlocked yet. Restrict the matching by any brackets and people complain about it taking too long to find a match.

Matching here is wonky, and no one will ever disagree with that, but no matter how matching is done, there's going to be groups who are very unhappy.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by LydiaTStrong2 View Post
                I have 180k on 38. so yes, in "camperland" he is weak. Now forget about campers and think in new players, Why 1 poor noob who just start the game have to face this guys?
                please don't say that I'm discussing this for my benefict, believe me, I realy don't need insignias or titles anymore...
                What system would you prefer exactly?

Instead of you, the level 38 with 180k BR, you would prefer to fight 4x level 30s with 20k BR? Is that any more fair than what you already posted?

Like it or not, there just aren't a huge number of people below level 80.

MemoryLane perfectly described why it's not that simple, and you aren't coming up with a solution.

Comment

It is fair according to campers because they 'worked on their toons", and not "cash to win".

It is all bull anyway. Just a bunch of people trying to get an advantage over others, no different to whales, who have had their advantage nullified by the direction the game is going. No different to the pwoer creep that made previous purchases effectively worthless, if you look at it objectively, in the case of whales.

That is the main reason why they are crying.

Comment

I really do not understand the point here

Is why campers cry? or that the PVP matching in bad?

In my server and cluster there is noone that camping or slow lvling that is crying.
                    In fact with the new system I believe that campers had benefit from this.
                    But this is another story and I believe that this is not our conversation
                    but how fair is the pvp system and more specific the arenas one.

I fail to understand how people can see justice in this
                    Every time there is a new server is matching with the older ones of its cluster... fair?
                    A lvl 40 char (camper or not) is matching with lvl 80s... fair?
                    In older clusters that players have millions of br a lvl 80 that is medium (cause is not casher, or light one or just newer) is fighting with the top ones of Knighthood... fair?

I can agree with Ada and few others only in this: that a bunch of people that they have it as personalities will take advantage of a more fair system (but here are people from all lvls, and mentalities)
                    but to continue keeping a bad pvp system just to punish them.. is beyond my logic
                    and at the end of the day, people that want to take advantage have or can find all the ways to do it in any system

my two cents opinion

Comment

I just had a level 33 alt (solo) with 21k (non cashing, slowly developing) BR mixed against a team of 80's with Titan Skills and Red Sylphs. Now seriously, where's the fairness of such? Yes, people are going to camp (even though it is pointless now) at a certain level. That is something that cannot be helped. The real failure is when matching takes 60s and you're getting matched up with way older servers instead of those that are within your server's age. What's even funny, is that you are in a new server with folks who push the "start" button that are closely developed as you and you (and them) are not matched with each other. A total <expletive> shot, if you ask me.

Again, it seems it's easier for 7Road/ProCity to just have a free for all (no matter the level, ability, add-ons, skill, class, or BR) in that junk they call an Arena. When I had went into arena in the past, I had looked onto it as a test of skill since all matches were matched up where the fights are between 45-60s (I had 2 or 3 that were about 2-3 minutes long); keeps all on their toes. Now, it's like some weak <expletive> <expletive> where it only comes within 3 seconds and then you go to bed afterwards. Sorry, but I don't do "quickies" as I like them meaningful.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                        Matching here is wonky, and no one will ever disagree with that, but no matter how matching is done, there's going to be groups who are very unhappy.
                        What is fair generaly speaking? Whole life is unfair. Sheep that wonders alone in the woods and cross wolfs path will be eaten! Is that fair for the sheep, or the shepherd who grew it or poor wolf who will have stomach aches and gases from overeating and is predator in nature?! Still there should be something that is "fair" and put a meaning in this word. There are things and boundaries that never should be done or crossed. And things that never should happen cause they ruin some balance, some needed order.

Tell me a rpg game which has leveling heroes and pvp arena feature that takes lowest levels and throw them fighting with max possible? Maybe there is someone else besides unfortunate Wartune players that suffer through simular fate but 90% and above pvp matching is based on the level of the hero and his unlocked to that point features -> THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, PERIOD! Anything else is plot for adult films and abomination than anything else. For level 20 only obvious competitors are from 20-30 level range not characters 50 levels above. If you think oposite way than you cant call your self game player. Whats the point of having arena and battleground as features than? You can make "pseudo-pvp" chek in system and give max wins possible per day to any hero that cliks a button. Cause that's the effort needed for 1 level 80 to kill lowbie..just a mouseclik on start button.

There always gonna be a whiners. Especially when loosing. But what right has someone to complain when being the same level range as someone got his butt kicked all over the place? Answer is: none! Do you ask yourself is this matching really what a game needs no matter p2w or anything other, i see Ada does but he is one of those whining people with pseudo-moral who shouldn't play arena or battleground at all. RPGs is all about developing a hero. When u develop more time and doing it inteligently there is nothing more reasonable to kill person who spend less time and efforts in bulding his character than you. What excuse has those "green" heroes for being in battle ground in a first place? Well they seek rewards available from the existing pvp format. They enter so they can have their piece of the pie by killing and winning over other players cause that is what playerVSplayer is all about! Having their buttz kicked though and seeing that there are more skilled and developed people there are two possible ways: either you whine about how "unfortunate" you are to be faced against such bullies and go whiping your tears in ur mommy skirt or clench you teeth and strive to face again and again those opressors and become strong like them. I for example never once complained here of facing stronger opponent. But all those oponents had same opportunities and features and were in same environment that i was - gear, skills and recourses -> all i could get 2.

Wartune is or at least was a game where being one level range was free choice. You just get your level gear set and start developing -> enchantments, gems, sylph aplitudes and resistances! Now that choise is taken and that's terribly wrong! I didnt want eudaemons or any other luxury feature like titans or mitans or whatever...all i wanted was to have chance to fair battle with other players and have fun with my mates. Well when i realized i was stripped of that i really start thinking is this game going in right direction..right answer came almost right away.

And smth else..
                        Lets not play sharades..we all know why this pvp matching was taken off silently. And by far its not cause of the players unsatisfactions and complains. What gains a whiner from facing level 80 hero now?! Greenies now shed river of tears probably for the chance of meeting their good old camper bullie rather than any 80 character when all hope is lost to begin with. This is not cause of players desires but something completely else..ask your bosses for details.
                        Last edited by rescueyou; 05-14-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

@rescueyou,

You're essentially advocating to change this unfair system, to another unfair system. You talk about how 'greenies', new people, lower level have to fight the level 80 cashers of the world, and that is unfair; I agree with you. However, under your system, you would have them fight the major campers of their level bracket, which isn't exactly 'fair' either.

Is matching new level 80's against the massive Knighthood casher/whales fair either?

Matching soley by level isn't exactly a solution, but I would probably agree it's better than the current system...... sort of.

Comment

The way they had make the clusters now I believer that matching by lvl it will be more fair

Camping is dying, if not dead already.
                            The way events are, they way xp works, the way the game is going are factors that discourage players to start camping.
                            and with the fact that a new player does not have to fight in arena ALL the wartune players but only the ones of his cluster
                            I believe that if the match will be with lvl will have much more % to fight people of his power. To fight 3/15-5/15 times a camper
                            is much more better than fight 15/15 the stronger of all

But anyway, since this new matching system is new I do not really believe that devs will change something, so we talk just to talk

Comment

Originally posted by rescueyou View Post
                              What is fair generaly speaking? Whole life is unfair. Sheep that wonders alone in the woods and cross wolfs path will be eaten! Is that fair for the sheep, or the shepherd who grew it or poor wolf who will have stomach aches and gases from overeating and is predator in nature?! Still there should be something that is "fair" and put a meaning in this word. There are things and boundaries that never should be done or crossed. And things that never should happen cause they ruin some balance, some needed order.

Tell me a rpg game which has leveling heroes and pvp arena feature that takes lowest levels and throw them fighting with max possible? Maybe there is someone else besides unfortunate Wartune players that suffer through simular fate but 90% and above pvp matching is based on the level of the hero and his unlocked to that point features -> THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, PERIOD! Anything else is plot for adult films and abomination than anything else. For level 20 only obvious competitors are from 20-30 level range not characters 50 levels above. If you think oposite way than you cant call your self game player. Whats the point of having arena and battleground as features than? You can make "pseudo-pvp" chek in system and give max wins possible per day to any hero that cliks a button. Cause that's the effort needed for 1 level 80 to kill lowbie..just a mouseclik on start button.

There always gonna be a whiners. Especially when loosing. But what right has someone to complain when being the same level range as someone got his butt kicked all over the place? Answer is: none! Do you ask yourself is this matching really what a game needs no matter p2w or anything other, i see Ada does but he is one of those whining people with pseudo-moral who shouldn't play arena or battleground at all. RPGs is all about developing a hero. When u develop more time and doing it inteligently there is nothing more reasonable to kill person who spend less time and efforts in bulding his character than you. What excuse has those "green" heroes for being in battle ground in a first place? Well they seek rewards available from the existing pvp format. They enter so they can have their piece of the pie by killing and winning over other players cause that is what playerVSplayer is all about! Having their buttz kicked though and seeing that there are more skilled and developed people there are two possible ways: either you whine about how "unfortunate" you are to be faced against such bullies and go whiping your tears in ur mommy skirt or clench you teeth and strive to face again and again those opressors and become strong like them. I for example never once complained here of facing stronger opponent. But all those oponents had same opportunities and features and were in same environment that i was - gear, skills and recourses -> all i could get 2.

Wartune is or at least was a game where being one level range was free choice. You just get your level gear set and start developing -> enchantments, gems, sylph aplitudes and resistances! Now that choise is taken and that's terribly wrong! I didnt want eudaemons or any other luxury feature like titans or mitans or whatever...all i wanted was to have chance to fair battle with other players and have fun with my mates. Well when i realized i was stripped of that i really start thinking is this game going in right direction..right answer came almost right away.

And smth else..
                              Lets not play sharades..we all know why this pvp matching was taken off silently. And by far its not cause of the players unsatisfactions and complains. What gains a whiner from facing level 80 hero now?! Greenies now shed river of tears probably for the chance of meeting their good old camper bullie rather than any 80 character when all hope is lost to begin with. This is not cause of players desires but something completely else..ask your bosses for details.
                              But YOU are the one playing charades. Your faux outrage on behalf of ALL low-level players is as laughable as it is transparent.

You want to win, pure and simple, and you want the thing to be stacked in your favour. You have waited 4 years to get that advantage. And then R2 takes it away overnight. Sucks to be you.

The level and power creep has been happening for as long as WT has been in existence. That you are still stuck in a time 4 years ago speaks for itself. That you want people to accede to your demands is as hilarious as it is immature.

It is NOT going to happen. R2 isn't going to reverse its policy of forcing people to go L80. That is where the majority of the money is coming from for them. Deal with it. Or not and just die.

Comment

Originally posted by oal73 View Post
                                The way they had make the clusters now I believer that matching by lvl it will be more fair

Camping is dying, if not dead already.
                                The way events are, they way xp works, the way the game is going are factors that discourage players to start camping.
                                And that is the main crux of the affair. R2 WANTS people to stop camping. Campers give them nothing and they are purposedly targeting campers.

Now, you can still camp if you want, but BE AWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES AND STOP WHINING ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS!

Comment

Working...
                                X