About Group Arena and Level camping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    Actually, I do, simply because there are a bunch of jerks here who would be glad to make a toon on my server just to flame. I only reveal my server number to mods via PM.

That said, I play a mage, and people have been leaving mages in droves after the KH shaft to mages or not going KH at all. I believe that there is a guy called Lumi who posted here earlier who has a mage in Warlord's Hall last CW and he isn't KH.
    Not asking for your server number or character name. Just need to see a pic of your hero stats

Since you mentioned Lumi, it means Eastern timezone. The top mage mass quit situation you described did not seem to happen in here.
    Many people had quit recently, including some in TOK, but they aren't just mages, and CW competition hasn't been toned down like you mentioned.
    Last edited by R238423534; 05-16-2016, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Well, since the merges (and 5.6), my CW ranking has gone up significantly. That is why I believe that a lot of mages either quit or no longer care enough to participate. I certainly have not gone up in BR by that much.

Comment

You got quite lucky with your cross server section. In some there's no way to do well as a free player.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cross server.png
Views:	1
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	1724905

Comment

It doesn't take any more money than your toon to be a top 20 CW player. Only thing I ever got was VIP.
          I don't know if I can agree with that - it was certainly true at one time, I know several players who spent minimally and are regular CW finalists, but for someone starting out today, or even a year ago, I don't believe it's in the realm of possibility. The only way someone like that is making the top ranks is if everyone else quits.

I guess the game's kind of like a pyramid scheme that way: if you get in early, you can do pretty well, even without investing a lot. But get in late and you'll never get near the top without a ton of investment.

Note that I'm in no way defending camping, that's still mostly a parasitic game play style. I do think this game could be a lot nicer to newer players, rather than trying to extract gobs of cash just to catch up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConqueror1 View Post
            You got quite lucky with your cross server section. In some there's no way to do well as a free player.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]162334[/ATTACH]
            And this is the one where LydiaTStrong2 and many of us (you, me, Z, arlad, MrFP, etc.) are in.
            Reason why I know it is because someone's tiny alt (1.3M br & 3-month-old) was semi-AFK on the opposite side killing Lydia's friend Willy in arena.
            I'm not pro-camper and don't think they are doing much good to the gaming community, but I agree PvP is very crud and cruel in here, and most are very unhappy.

Comment

I'm an ex camper, but there is a time to actually level imo. Staying in one bracket after you have all the honour (I'm a Brit, I spell it with a U) rank and a decent base char is just not worth it, what are you trying to prove exactly?

I tried to create a char just camping and wow, this game chucks xp at you, I finally got to a stage where I could "camp" at level 38. Yes, work at your BR so you are not deemed as weak for your level but move on when you have completed all game content for that level.
              Wartune
              IGN: Decima
              Guild: Elysium
              Server: S5 (Europe)
              Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
              IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
              Server : 59 (Europe)
              Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Originally posted by LydiaTStrong2 View Post

why? There's only 1 answer...because we can! haha.

You really should get back to playing as a camper this time. It will not take much of your time (or money ).
                is it me or this thread just got off-topic?? hahhaa

coz this complaint thread turns to a brag thread by the OP him/herself.

so are we still in arena issue? coz im getting bored reading this XD
                Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 05-17-2016, 05:12 AM.
                I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Brag thread now. Which validates the view they are out to be jerks and were bullying people, who are now getting some laser guided karma.

Comment

It's an on line PvP game, so bullying will be rampant. Whether it's from campers or cashers, nobody likes bullies. There is no right way or wrong way to play the game. Everyone here is just giving their own opinion. Opinions that don't matter. Personally, I like to level up my character, stay at a level for a while until my farm reaches the same level as my character and I have raised all my academy bonuses to the same level as my character. Then I move on. but in truth, I don't want to play at level 80 or compete with other level 80 players who have been playing since day one. If you think about it, the Devs have already included a non-casher soft cap on levelling around level 55-60. This is where you can have the most fun in the game. It doesnt matter to me if you agree or disagree, that where I like playing. Each to their own.

Comment

Brag thread now. Which validates the view they are out to be jerks and were bullying people, who are now getting some laser guided karma.
                      Agree with you, because this is how I felt:

Click image for larger version

Name:	campers_c_243862.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1724961
                      Quote 1 : If the enemy crouches down on last bit of health, then aim your arrow at the butt. Plortch!!! ;)
                      Quote 2 : Over the years Wartune did get better: Wartune>Lagtune>Bugtune>Nerftune>Stresstune>Hatetune>??? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Splinterz View Post
                        It's an on line PvP game, so bullying will be rampant. Whether it's from campers or cashers, nobody likes bullies. There is no right way or wrong way to play the game. Everyone here is just giving their own opinion. Opinions that don't matter. Personally, I like to level up my character, stay at a level for a while until my farm reaches the same level as my character and I have raised all my academy bonuses to the same level as my character. Then I move on. but in truth, I don't want to play at level 80 or compete with other level 80 players who have been playing since day one. If you think about it, the Devs have already included a non-casher soft cap on levelling around level 55-60. This is where you can have the most fun in the game. It doesnt matter to me if you agree or disagree, that where I like playing. Each to their own.
                        You're absolutely right, anyone who wants to camp should camp. Even if others dislike them for it, especially since hardly anyone can do anything without bothering someone, somewhere.

Advocating for campers as a special class deserving of preferential treatment by the devs is still wrong, however. I think that's what attracted most of the hate to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          You're absolutely right, anyone who wants to camp should camp. Even if others dislike them for it, especially since hardly anyone can do anything without bothering someone, somewhere.

Advocating for campers as a special class deserving of preferential treatment by the devs is still wrong, however. I think that's what attracted most of the hate to this thread.
                          I completely agree.

Surely there is a way to make the system a little more balanced and fair to everyone, regardless of what level/br they are. But there's not going to be a perfect solution for everyone by any means.

Comment

Working...
                          X