Battle Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Grounds

since the introduction of Knight Hood the players who have this now have their own mpd, they should have their own battle ground too, those players who don't have KH yet have no chance against them, getting to stage now its pointless entering battle grounds unless you have knighthood, come on R2 give the rest of us a fair chance.

I'd prefer it if they just made knighthood more achievable for all of us. It's the gatekeeper to a lot of content, and it's completely out of reach, without significant cash, for months at best.

They'll never segregate the KH players, though, since that would discourage people from getting it.

Comment

I just stopped doing bgs since they introduced kh, no point in doing them anymore. In arena u can still make a nice team but bgs meh let kh kill each other.

Comment

They should make several BG's that go according to BR, just saying it would make for more active players. I don't do BR anymore since all the guys are super strong compared to me. Hope someone can put the idea forward.
        AnastasiaZA
        Server: [S146] Hedgewyn

Life is the only thing that matters, the game is just a side line

Comment

BG used to be level delineated, with a BG every 10 levels. This is no longer possible because they basically lump all of the L80 together, regardless of whether they are 1 min old L80 or KH players.

Comment

Oh my, different circumstances, same stupid argument. Remember this before, speed levellers vs campers shouldn't be in the same BG as that was unfair too.

Ultimately and in my nooby and somewhat stupid opinion (most of the time) BGs should be level based. Yes, KH skills are higher attack based BUT there are ways you can compete, use chaos more, mages have had their puri taken away and mainly the casting of titan skills is slow so players without KH actually cast more skills.

Work around it instead of crying about the unfairness of it all.
            Wartune
            IGN: Decima
            Guild: Elysium
            Server: S5 (Europe)
            Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
            IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
            Server : 59 (Europe)
            Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Like if u had any chances with 800k attack toon, when u barely have 400k. Yeah right puri, chaos, guardian rune, single heal, hot, aoe heal, stun but in the end its still like minicoper vs truck. This basically shows what I mean:
              http://9gag.com/gag/aVOn5KP/free-to-...y-to-win-users

Comment

I'm an ex camper, I always had a strong char defensively. Yes, the devs have pitted us all together again, but this has always been the case, why do we expect any different?

Yes, I have knighthood, as a mage, I have lost puri & my heals as I went arcane... I have gained some good skills with high attack and titan skills which are cast sooooooo slowly and you can't take them off and can't do a bloody thing while they are casting.

But I digress, the main crux of this argument is the same as always, players who haven't invested the time or money into a game are complaining that they are being pitted against those that have, whether its camper types or cashers. Don't use the BR argument, I have seen and faced a lot of non knighthood players with a higher BR than me, so that argument is null and void.

Oh and I didn't click your lil vid thing zniwarz85, I don't click links from people I don't know!
                Last edited by Deeelinquent; 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM.
                Wartune
                IGN: Decima
                Guild: Elysium
                Server: S5 (Europe)
                Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
                IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
                Server : 59 (Europe)
                Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
                  Oh and I didn't click your lil vid thing zniwarz85, I don't click links from people I don't know!
                  it's this old pic

Originally posted by Arlad View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162302[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I am a mid trim user, if I have the cash I do use but most of the time I play On bound Balens/ none.
                    Sure their are tons of epic players. Bottom line, Join a guild and have players and friend who assist you and help you grow. Stop complaining on BR.
                    I have beating a few higher Br player than myself in the past.
                    AnastasiaZA
                    Server: [S146] Hedgewyn

Life is the only thing that matters, the game is just a side line

Comment

here is my solution:
                      Wartume Battleground I hate being killed in the first round over and over again by the same player. How can we fix this. The difficulty of matching levels is too hard and would required to many resources, so that is out.
                      I thought of a one kill system,

Following pseudo code:
                      As a player enters battleground a kill string is created for that player a dummy entry is entered to prevent a not found error, later in the code. IE string kill-list 0-15 max, entry zero is the dummy entry, the length is depend on how you id players.
                      —
                      player blue A1 mouseover player red B2 a check is made to see if B2 is on A1 kill list if B2 is on the list the red sword does not show, for he is protected. otherwise red sword shows as normal.
                      on click and battle begins
                      Player blue A1 attach red B2; a check is made of B2 kill list, if A1 is on B2 list he is removed.
                      —
                      at end of combat on the win side (A1) B2 is added to A1 kill list.
                      at end of combat on the win side (B2) A1 is added to B2 kill list. same code.
                      —
                      What I see as the outcome of this code, is that the strong player we'll no longer get free points for killing the same player over and over again. And force them to attack a harder, player each time he attacks.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by f.choate View Post
                        Following pseudo code:
                        As a player enters battleground a kill string is created for that player a dummy entry is entered to prevent a not found error, later in the code. IE string kill-list 0-15 max, entry zero is the dummy entry, the length is depend on how you id players.
                        A list of 16 people whom you could kill per battleground, or just 16 people whom would be added to this potential list?

—
                        player blue A1 mouseover player red B2 a check is made to see if B2 is on A1 kill list if B2 is on the list the red sword does not show, for he is protected. otherwise red sword shows as normal.
                        on click and battle begins
                        Player blue A1 attach red B2; a check is made of B2 kill list, if A1 is on B2 list he is removed.
                        —
                        —
                        You can attack people without clicking them, so mouse-over checks should not be used as any type of definitive method.

So, if person A attacks person B (previously), person A cannot attack person B, but person B can attack person A.

I do not find this to be particularly a good idea, particularly in the case of tower-based events, like battleground. You can simply run around without gear and die as much as possible in a two minute time span, and this would give you a 100% chance to win the battleground, since no person could attack you any longer (and thus, couldn't successfully take towers). There are a number of different problems with this type of system, this is just one of them.

What I see as the outcome of this code, is that the strong player we'll no longer get free points for killing the same player over and over again. And force them to attack a harder, player each time he attacks.
                        Your pseudo code does not take into account any type of reset. Every battleground everyone could only kill each other team-member once, (which would be ~5-15 minutes at most, probably), what exactly do you purpose people do for the remaining 15-25 minutes?

I like the sort-of idea you have, but there are too many holes and problems that would arise from it. Perhaps you or someone else can come up with a more feasible solution, or flush out some of the ideas.
                        Last edited by Alsatia01; 06-23-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

here is my solution:
                          Player blue A1 attack red B2; a check is made of B2 kill list, if A1 is on B2 list he is removed.
                          —
                          —

What do you think?
                          I see some problems. People who want wins will have to convince weaker players to attack them, since they can't attack more than once otherwise. And replacing the B in BG with "Begging" doesn't really sound like a great event either.
                          It also relies on a completely new system, which is virtually guaranteed to be extremely buggy when first implemented, and then still pretty buggy after they "fix" it.

The only real solution I see is to dramatically increase the penalty or decrease the rewards for killing someone over and over. Making dryad growth exponential might work, or completely eliminating all rewards for killing someone more than some number of times (especially including titles).

I still think the dryad solution is the ideal - even the weakest players can get a shot at beating the strongest with enough buildup, and top players can't just attack anyone repeatedly, moderately strong players can overtake them in just a few losses.

Comment

There are a number of different solutions that I've heard of, that could be somewhat feasible.

1) Applying a BR/Strength rating bracket. People are ranked in the order of their strength/BR ( kind of similar to arena ), and only people closest in 'brackets' can fight each other (battle grounds would be 'populated' by use of this ranking). Such that a person who is in a 1-10 'Diamond' (top) ranking, cannot fight someone in the lower 500 'Iron' ranking. However instead of the ranking being reset every week (like in arena), it's either not reset at all, or resets at much less infrequent interval. Obvious upside of fighting people similar to your strength. A major downside of fighting a large variety of people, as availability will be somewhat sporadic, and contingent on player participation and online activity.

2) Applying an auto-dryad system. That is, If person A has more BR than person B, person B automatically receives a % bonus to stats, to approximate their strength/BR to person A. This has the upsides of making battles more about skill/technique, and the obvious downside of making level one(1) players, technically able to compete with level 80 KH mega-casher-players.

3) Applying a more detailed bracketing system. This idea has been proposed by.... almost everyone. Allow people whom are within 5-15 levels of each other to only fight those of the same level, unless they are particularly low or high in their BR/(strength), in which case they would be ranked in the a lower or higher bracket, respectively. Obvious upside of much more fair and balanced/competitive fights, with a major downside of R2 having to host ~10-30X more servers/battle grounds than they already do (which makes this idea extremely improbable). Also a major downside of having some small battlegrounds, since players of similar level/strength may not have much availability.
                            Last edited by Alsatia01; 06-23-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your response.
                              I see now that the mouseover is not enough and the proximity battle has to be included. The creation of the string at the beginning of the Battle it Is to eliminate, the string not found error in the testing of this string. Simplifying the code.
                              The purpose of this code, is to stop multiple kills by the same strong player of the week player. If he finds he is the strongest player that requires him to get 15 kills.
                              It is the weaker player that I am considering having fun, being killed by the same strong player over And over and over and over again, it Is not fun he may just stop playing the game altogether. Is there not to be considered.
                              As a weak player just getting out of the gate it is hard I have to watch to see if that big player it is in combat to get by him and that's not fun. Then I have to watch out for more than one.
                              And for the potential of having bugs, is small, we're the number of lines of code required For what I show maybe lesson hundred lines of code, if that many.
                              I do not see tower attacks being a problem. Or is it you see a weak player sitting on a tower, a tower attack can bypass this check.

Comment

Working...
                              X