No announcement yet.

little help with knight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It counts. All sylphs do magic or physical damage. It is just that the multipliers are so psycho (especially the delphics) that it doesn't matter all that much, and it becomes a resistance and resistance reduction fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ff7med View Post
      when you are in a pvp fight and your opponent is in sylph mode, your defences dont count? do only resistances count? and what happens in hero mode?
      When you awaken, your sylph stats are added to your hero stats, including defense, so you not only improve your damage (and can change type), but you also take less damage. Doing sylph attacks on someone who's not awakened tends to do a lot more damage, and not just because of resistance.

Comment

that means that for a knight a physical attack sylph is better?

Comment

No. The higher of your Matk or Patk gets added to the sylph's Matk and Patk, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

that means that for a knight a physical attack sylph is better?
            No. If you are a knight/archer and using an Matk slyph, your Patk will be converted into Matk once you awaken. The reverse is also true for mages.

Which slyph you wish to use is largely a choice.

Comment

so from what you say i suppose that matk of your hero is counted too and by increasing it means more damage? or doesnt it work like this?

Comment

so from what you say i suppose that matk of your hero is counted too and by increasing it means more damage? or doesnt it work like this?
                I do not believe so no.

Though I suppose its possible for merge slyphs? I haven't seen anyone confirm one way or another.

However, the titan bleed uses both Patk & Matk for bleeds, so if you can increase both without detriment to the other, it should yield higher damage for those. Not really sure if that would be worth it though.

Comment

Your "off" atk stat is basically just a junk stat, with the only use I'm aware of being the titan bleed, like Alsatia mentioned.
                  It would be a major disadvantage if the game ever used your matk stat in place of your patk, and a massive advantage if it added the two, so it's highly unlikely that it gets used at all anywhere else. With the titan skill, you can see it has 2 separate effects, so it makes sense in that one case.

Comment

Working...
                  X