Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why participate in Cross Server GB if you super stack a guild and no change in rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why participate in Cross Server GB if you super stack a guild and no change in rewards

No guild stands a chance, when R2 keeps merging servers into super clusters.

Unfortunately our guild lost, so why participate in the event when you basically handed a server such as Kabam 47 the win.
    (Kabam 47 is merged server group of: S45, S47, S62, S65, S76, S77, S81, S83, S85, S88, and S90)
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ighlight=merge
    There is absolutely no balance.

They have 120m BR over the next guild, and 1.5~2x the next guilds listed in the top 10.
    10 players over 10m+ br

Its not the players to blame, but R2 for not allowing balance. Maybe they want other servers to cash up like Kabam, but with the state of the game no one is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stacked Kabam.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1782454

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1782455Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1782456Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1782457Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1782458

There's no point in the event then.
    Last edited by Takashi007x; 06-12-2016, 08:27 PM.

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
    There should be a br cap per guild, not number of members. Having a super-cluster server with all the top players in one guild defeats the purpose of guilds. It's only going to get worse. Or maybe limit guilds to 50 members. Most games have a 50 member limit anyway. 210 is ridiculously high, considering 50 is the max for any guild battle event. Either a br cap or lower member limit to 50... Meanwhile, my server is dying a slow death. Good times...
    A BR cap would be very hard to implement effectively. Look at how much BRs have inflated just in the last year. I remember when 200k was the domain of the most over powered toons. Now we have spawn campers in bgs with 10 mil + BR. On top of that BR shifts quite a bit. I can gain/lose over 1 million Br just based on what sylph and eud I have equipped. How would a BR cap account for all that? What happens when a patch fluffs everyone's BR and suddenly a guild is way overlimit? Nothing has changed other than how BR is measured, but now they have to kick people out?

I can understand the frustration with the CSGB matching and horribly unfair fights. On my server, since our last (and badly needed) merge, we've had one super guild, 2 strong guilds, and a bunch of small guilds. The super guild made it to gold group where they had substantially easier fights than my guild did in iron group. In finals, they had 1 no show opponent, 2 opponents significantly weaker than them, and only one "real" fight (this is based on what players in that guild claimed; I do not have a character in that guild, so do not know first hand). By comparison, in Iron group, we fought two guilds with higher BR (and more strong players) than our server's super guild (assuming these were guilds that got the losing end of the coin flip with initial matching), and 2 fights that were roughly equal in BR, but which massively out numbered us.

That makes it feel like ranking depends as much (or more) on luck as it does on skill, strategy, etc. This isn't to say that the top guilds aren't earning their rankings. Its more to say that others guilds are getting very unfair matching and are being cheated out of rewards we would be very capable of earning given the chance.

Leave a comment:

• Takashi007x
    replied
    Originally posted by R2138739441 View Post
    Here's the funny part, the 3 clusters the OP is talking about were just recently merged, which means they took 6 higher br and older clusters and turned them into 3.
    1. So for chaos wars you just reduced the number of high br teams you have to face by 3.
    2. Since most of the high br players in those clusters usually join the same guild, that means the number of high br guilds competing for the top positions for csgb has been reduced by 3. Yes this makes it a lock in for 3 guilds/servers to take the top 3 positions but it opened up the 4th through 6th for someone else. As far as csgb is concerned, unless you've been playing for less than 6 months, the only thing in the shop worth getting is the mount and only so you can turn it into 120 beast souls.
    3. Steel wars is almost a dead event most times, especially since they bugged it to where all the teams are disbanded at the start of the event each time and the rankings are reset since all the teams have to be made anew. Since none of the rankings are saved it's a random match who you're going to face, rather than previously where you were likely to face teams near your own position and br.
    4. War of Eternity - It's only taken place one time so I can't say much about it except that I didn't see a lot of divorces and re-marriages occurring from the merges to make super couples. It's possible in the future you might but frankly I doubt it. The rewards from shop just aren't worth it for most of the 10+ million br couples.

I just find it hilarious that, until this last csgb, the same guild has held the #1 position for over a year and no one said/complained about the fairness in it. Yet after a server merge, when a new guild knocks them out of that position we suddenly get an outcry. hhmm sounds more like sour grapes then a call for fairness.
    Until XSGB no one outside of Kabam 47 new about the merger or cared, XSGB showed how ridiculous the merge was compared to other servers.

Unless your an uber casher/whale that enjoys being a loner player.
    The most fun part of the game is playing with your friends/guild.

And Your going to keep seeing merges, I bet you in 6 months Kabam 47 or Kabam 23 or Kabam 1 clusters will get a merge.
    And you pray its not together.

If you're not part of that cluster, you probably wouldn't even bother trying.

We're in no ways blaming a guild, if you're "being defensive". This is clearly an R2 design problem.
    If you want people to continue playing this game you want balance, Vanguard BR was the biggest gap compared to to jump out over the last 3 months. Click image for larger version

Name:	Stacked Kabam.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1725461

And what about servers whining for a merge, but never to get one that helps them.

If you were in Infinite or Valinor, you'd pray you'd have a shot, or didn't get crushed.

Just see how much your interest wanes in the next few months, as these so called events get lamer and lamer, and theres nothing to fight for, and theres no chance or purpose in fighting.

We're just stating that system is broken, and if you want people to participate, you can change rewards, or create balance so people feel like they have a chance.
    Otherwise the rich keeps getting richer.
    Last edited by Takashi007x; 07-05-2016, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R2138739441
    replied
    Here's the funny part, the 3 clusters the OP is talking about were just recently merged, which means they took 6 higher br and older clusters and turned them into 3.
    1. So for chaos wars you just reduced the number of high br teams you have to face by 3.
    2. Since most of the high br players in those clusters usually join the same guild, that means the number of high br guilds competing for the top positions for csgb has been reduced by 3. Yes this makes it a lock in for 3 guilds/servers to take the top 3 positions but it opened up the 4th through 6th for someone else. As far as csgb is concerned, unless you've been playing for less than 6 months, the only thing in the shop worth getting is the mount and only so you can turn it into 120 beast souls.
    3. Steel wars is almost a dead event most times, especially since they bugged it to where all the teams are disbanded at the start of the event each time and the rankings are reset since all the teams have to be made anew. Since none of the rankings are saved it's a random match who you're going to face, rather than previously where you were likely to face teams near your own position and br.
    4. War of Eternity - It's only taken place one time so I can't say much about it except that I didn't see a lot of divorces and re-marriages occurring from the merges to make super couples. It's possible in the future you might but frankly I doubt it. The rewards from shop just aren't worth it for most of the 10+ million br couples.

I just find it hilarious that, until this last csgb, the same guild has held the #1 position for over a year and no one said/complained about the fairness in it. Yet after a server merge, when a new guild knocks them out of that position we suddenly get an outcry. hhmm sounds more like sour grapes then a call for fairness.

Leave a comment:

• darkwolf3307
    replied
    Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
    claps hand bravo!!!!!!!!!

but alas r2 wont do a thing and wont listen unless u flash the cash at them as they dont care u rushing round 7 weeks for a measley mount
    I don't really care about the rewards from CSGB the point is to have fun playing thats why its a game. It just gets to me that all these people are complaining over nothing. You have 4 matches that is with anyone from any server that is a guide as to where you place your guild in the final 3 battles that is based off you win/lose from the first 4. I have run into much older servers just to find that no one on that side even bothered to turn up giving us a free win, yet on other days we will never leave the spawn just to drag our loss out to the 20min mark. You win some you lose some but in the end it does not matter who comes in 1st.

Now if people really want something worth while to spend their time and energy getting mad over something then please do so over something that really matters like the new devotion that is so messed up that if you miss out on one thing you lose a whole days worth of work trying to get the 300 mark. Miss first world boss its over for you no fashion cores, can not die on ward tower before guild battle ends opps sorry no bound balens for you. Can't stay awake long enough to do the one and only tanks oh well. See to me that is a worth while complaint that yes I have done the survey for the new patch over and turned in a ticket. My answer from the ticket was a nicely worded F*** YOU we don't care. Was thinking about spending money to go to knighthood but way I am starting to feel about the game not spending money on something I might not use in the next few months.

Leave a comment:

• Xharry005x
    replied
    Originally posted by darkwolf3307 View Post
    Ok I have to ask.. what does it matter who comes in 1st place and who comes in last in CSGB? Has anyone seen the rewards? there is nothing worth all the stress you guys are giving this in that shop. Only thing in there is the mount that anyone can get even if you lose every single battle. Not only that but 90% of players should have that mount anyway only people I can see not having it are the ones on newer servers but after doing CSGB for all 7 weeks should have enough to buy the mount if they have not spent it on other stupid things anyway. Tell me what does one really gain from CSGB just knowing they won... who cares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163964[/ATTACH]

I don't see anything worth while in there do you?

claps hand bravo!!!!!!!!!

but alas r2 wont do a thing and wont listen unless u flash the cash at them as they dont care u rushing round 7 weeks for a measley mount

Leave a comment:

• darkwolf3307
    replied
    Ok I have to ask.. what does it matter who comes in 1st place and who comes in last in CSGB? Has anyone seen the rewards? there is nothing worth all the stress you guys are giving this in that shop. Only thing in there is the mount that anyone can get even if you lose every single battle. Not only that but 90% of players should have that mount anyway only people I can see not having it are the ones on newer servers but after doing CSGB for all 7 weeks should have enough to buy the mount if they have not spent it on other stupid things anyway. Tell me what does one really gain from CSGB just knowing they won... who cares.

Name:	xsgb.png
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	1725441

I don't see anything worth while in there do you?

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    De-merging servers would be a disaster. So many people would quit when they suddenly can't play with their friends, or lose their guild, or whatever. That would hasten the game's death rather than keep it going.

If they could find a way to get better pvp balance day to day, that would go a lot farther towards livening up the game than trying to juggle server alignment to make cross-server events more fair.

Leave a comment:

• Takashi007x
    replied
    Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
    Merging servers isn't necessarily a problem, and de-merging servers wouldn't fix the problem. A lot of Vanguards strongest people are from 1-3 different servers( and thus a de-merge wouldn't make them much weaker), and just because servers merge together, doesn't mean the guilds automatically do as well.

I really get your point, I really do; going for first place is pointless when they are in the matching. That being said, all you're doing is complaining.... you haven't come up with even a possible solution to the problem. You want R2 to just forcefully split guilds apart, or move players from the server they are in? Is that fair either?

This is not a good solution.

As BR's keep getting inflated over time every guild will eventually be forced to kick members or split.

Its impossible to fix once R2 has merged them, to your point R2 has created a super group, and most likely all those will join the same guild, therefore
    1. Cross Server Guild Battle = Pointless Fight
    2. Chaos War= Pointless Fight
    3. Steel War= Already Pointless
    4. War of Eternity= Provides higher & stronger couple groupings (advantage merged cluster)
    5. Class Wars= Already Top players fighting

And you know the obvious, you can't de-merge them.
    So what do you think R2 will do? Try to compensate by making another super server merge, and then another etc.
    While those playing on smaller servers will probably never see a merge, rendering unable to be competitive.

I doubt Koram, or Armorgame servers will get a merge anytime soon.

The real and only solution is to actually de-merge servers and regroup them based on activity, population, spending, also based on age of server.
    You know this is the only one that makes sense.

Demerge a server like Kabam 47 cluster, Kabam 23, Kabam 1, and then remerge them with other servers that could use a merge for balance.
    Its more work for R2, but its the logical one that offers fairness of play.

This is logically part of the reason why the game is dying and people are quitting, because they are losing interest vs competition, as well as the need to spend more money for more aggravation?

Leave a comment:

• Alsatia01
    replied
    Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
    Congratulations to Vanguard who got merged server (un-needed merge) and over cashed players who spam skills, and buy tons of revives and tanks.
    Merging servers isn't necessarily a problem, and de-merging servers wouldn't fix the problem. A lot of Vanguards strongest people are from 1-3 different servers( and thus a de-merge wouldn't make them much weaker), and just because servers merge together, doesn't mean the guilds automatically do as well.

I really get your point, I really do; going for first place is pointless when they are in the matching. That being said, all you're doing is complaining.... you haven't come up with even a possible solution to the problem. You want R2 to just forcefully split guilds apart, or move players from the server they are in? Is that fair either?

There should be a br cap per guild, not number of members. Having a super-cluster server with all the top players in one guild defeats the purpose of guilds. It's only going to get worse. Or maybe limit guilds to 50 members. Most games have a 50 member limit anyway. 210 is ridiculously high, considering 50 is the max for any guild battle event. Either a br cap or lower member limit to 50... Meanwhile, my server is dying a slow death. Good times...
    This is not a good solution.

As BR's keep getting inflated over time every guild will eventually be forced to kick members or split.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    IMHO guild BR is not an accurate measure of true strength.
    Lots players are not in the timezone of server and don't show up for guild competition at all, including some players with 10+ million BR.
    They should count the BR of those who have entered GB/CSGB, not just those who are in that guild.
    But that would be impossible to track, since we do not know who would be in until the match has actually started.
    Or maybe they could use the total participant BR from the last match, since those who show up in the past are more likely to show up in the future.
    I had never led a guild with lower than 70M guild br (in today's scale), but to be honest with you, I had never seen more than 1/4 of that BR in guild battles at all.
    Even a guild with a few hundred million guild BR is sometimes forced to add players under 1 million BR into GB & CSGB, simply because some of the bigs are absent and nobody has their password.
    Many people are active and online daily, but they are sleeping while server events are in session. Some are just late or lazy.
    They are still helpful with runs and still being good people to hang out with. But for timed events they are usually not helpful. And it's impossible to force them to show up or give out their password (and account sharing is a violation).
    Although strong players generally care more about the game, there are plenty of rich but relaxed players in this game who bought their BR without doing much other things.
    Believe it or not, my best whale friend in this game hasn't done a single BI or DI since mid-2015, and was always absent for GB & CSGB. She usually just got on to do events, soloed a KH MPD and helped me with last boss in EF Hell, and then went poof. And I can't complain about her poor GB attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Vroukarouk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Takashi007x
    replied
    Congratulations to Vanguard who got merged server (un-needed merge) and over cashed players who spam skills, and buy tons of revives and tanks.

Name:	Bought XSGB Win.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1725434
    You bought yourselves a win, I guess money can buy you events.

Theres no point to XSGB with such teams that R2 created.

This is another reason why the game is dying..

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    There's no power balance between servers. Strength is always concentrated on a few servers. That's the way they merge servers.
    In some way, that makes sense, because they want to promote intra-server competition, and to avoid having the weaker server(s) entirely killed by the stronger server(s).
    But in reality, it basically concentrates all the big powers on a few servers and make them god-alike while the rest would stand no chance against them at all.

The top guild is not the one with the biggest unfair advantage for CSGB, however.
    They are the strongest guild cross-server. They deserve the top spot in CSGB.
    And their people all have to suffer, for the reasons I mentioned above.
    I agree the lower ranked big guilds are the biggest victims though.
    If you are in one of them, it's cruel reality for you.

For a strong guild trying to reach the top, the rewards are really tiny comparing to how much hassle they have to go through to get there.
    If they win, it's small return for big work.
    If they don't, it's really frustrating, considering they have worked just as hard as the higher ranked guilds of equal power, and might have lost rank purely out of luck.
    The worse thing is, half the actual top 24 guilds (the ones that are most likely to get into a better group than Iron) are guaranteed to get pushed down to Iron group, because the first battle is based purely on guild BR, and half of them have to be eliminated.
    Subsequent matches is half luck and half predictable, since the matching is based on points (which could vary) and guild BR. Again, half of the top guilds have to be bumped down.

For a weak guild with almost no participants, one with everyone just AFK in camp and never compete, or one with no participants at all but win purely for higher guild BR (look at the ones with zero points in preliminary rounds), the freebies are really just give-aways for 500k guild wealth.
    Considering that many of these "dead guilds" won purely of luck, because they are completely unopposed (fighting an empty ground), it's arguable if this tournament system makes sense or not.

Look at this CSGB diamond group for Eastern timezone, 3 out of top 8 are dead guilds with a guild BR that won't even show in top 100 cross-server, and 34,011,843 guild BR is still a very tiny guild (smaller than any guild I've ever led, and it would NOT qualify for guild battle on most (all except for one) of my servers):
    Guild Server Cross-Server Rank Guild BR
    theRaven R2-S133 12 367,205,258
    Dominion R2-S195 1 814,532,073
    Omega Kabam-S2 Unranked Unknown
    ClubShaddy R2-S319 55 92,021,980
    AddansFamily Kabam-S2 Unranked Unknown
    NOTORIOUS Kabam-S53 Unranked Unknown
    Glory_Hole Kong-S4 94 34,011,843
    Defiance Kabam-S71 18 313,998,733

There's no denial of possibility that the top players from top guilds use a dead guild for CSGB in order to get the higher rewards, but since I do know some servers in top 24 and did fight some of them recently, I can confirm some are indeed dead and empty, with none or only 1 or 2 CSGB participants, and they can't qualify for guild battle on their own servers.
    Makes perfect sense huh?

Many guilds with high BR and low rank got big drama after working very hard but still being bumped out of rank this way.
    I bet you are also unhappy if you find out your guild is ranked #2 cross-server with a whopping 600,702,166 guild BR, but have to be confined in Silver group, while the top guild cross-server with 814,532,073 BR is going to win the #1 spot in CSGB.
    Not to mention, #3 and #4 at 565 million and 447 million BR are both in Iron group, and ranked way below some dead guilds with no opponent, such as #2 in Iron group with only 5,515,727 BR (yes, it's only 5.5 million guild BR, which is probably a weakling's one-person guild).

And it's extremely difficult to get a chance to participate in CSGB in big guilds.
    If you are not a top player, and being in a big guild with low rank, all you get is the minimal rewards for preliminary and final, and no battle rewards at all.
    And yes, I had been mad at being in a giant guild with big politics and lots arrogant cashers, yet it still ranked low for CSGB and still occasionally lost guild battle on server due to poor GB tactics and personnel management (possibly blinded by stress?).
    But not any more. I stopped caring at some point, and just enjoyed the game as-is, away from the stress and tension of frustrated whales.
    It's also good to see some of the top guys have stepped out of their anxious past and started to enjoy the game as-is without losing rank or important rewards.
    Sometimes, the lesser aggressive path might be a shorter one towards the top. That's the wisdom I've learned along the way.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
    ...Why would even bother participating in an event just to get reamed...
    They might actually want to DISCOURAGE weaker guilds from participating, because the more guilds participate, the more freebies are given out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X