Player harassment through system mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player harassment through system mail

I've been being harassed through a blacklisted player for several months now and have reported all to R2. All he does is make a new account and start all over again, harassing me in the process. Not with little things like calling me names, but true vulgar harassment. Can R2 make it so that when a player is blacklisted they can't contact us through system mail? It would solve so many of the harassment issues. Their answer is to just ignore it, but how can you ignore over 100 messages a day in your system mail?
    Let your Freak Flag fly!!

That is one disturbed individual. Suddenly not only do I not object to the gold cost for sending mail, I think it should be increased to 10k. Filling up your mailbox can also do real in-game harm, if you have items stored there.

Blacklisting has always been woefully inadequate in this game. It needs to be a 100% complete block on all communication to be effective, but the devs put in the absolute minimum amount of effort.

Comment

1) Easy possible solution, R2 should give you a rename card where you can change your name or add a character and the abuser will not know who to mail to.

2) There is no need to penalize all players by increasing everyone's cost just because of 1 bad person's behavior. The original poster wrote a simply solution that blacklisted players should not be able to mail you.

Comment

Originally posted by earlarnold51 View Post
        2) There is no need to penalize all players by increasing everyone's cost just because of 1 bad person's behavior. The original poster wrote a simply solution that blacklisted players should not be able to mail you.
        My point with that is that anyone can create any number of new accounts to start harassing someone, so upping the cost of sending mail severely limits the harm that can be done that way. Established players can afford a higher cost (who sends more than a few mails?).
        Blacklisting isn't a perfect solution to that type of attack, since someone could create an account, wait til you're offline, then spam mails until their gold runs out, and at only 100 gold each, that's a lot of mail.

Comment

Originally posted by earlarnold51 View Post
          1) Easy possible solution, R2 should give you a rename card where you can change your name or add a character and the abuser will not know who to mail to.
          In addition to MrFancyPants' answer, R2 will never give out free rename cards.

Also, it wouldn't be that hard to find out someones new name.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            My point with that is that anyone can create any number of new accounts to start harassing someone, so upping the cost of sending mail severely limits the harm that can be done that way. Established players can afford a higher cost (who sends more than a few mails?).
            Blacklisting isn't a perfect solution to that type of attack, since someone could create an account, wait til you're offline, then spam mails until their gold runs out, and at only 100 gold each, that's a lot of mail.
            if you are ever a guild master and have no unbound balens to send a guild-wide message, you'll feel how expensive it could be, in addition to how tedious it really is.
            ever sent a message one by one to up to 210 recipients? i've been through that laborious process before, and more than just a few times.
            now i'm done. do nothing but click 3 buttons each day.

Comment

Working...
            X