Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

a suggestion for maintenanses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a suggestion for maintenanses

As we all seen these can run long. Before we on Euroservers lost wb many times buut meh on it. it was some gold lost to all only (and all lost on it). Now with the silly new devotion list loosin first wb means for all but high lv vips loosin the 300 devo price too.

So an easy fix on long runnin maints would be markin the wb as done to all on servers that loose it if an maint goes long. Saves a load of whinin for r2 and makes us small buggers a bit more happy.

Now thats for euroservers that is. Oceanic needs more at times as running long on maint means loosin out on cw,tw,chaos, so on finals far too ofter+all the daily stuff timed durin it.
    Kabam -57 Archer
    Kabam -67 Knight
    Non casher and proud of it.

They can't individualize the compensation. Devotion is a pretty hot topic right now, so perhaps we can push for maintenance compensation to be the 300 devotion prize? I feel like that would have the best chance of being approved.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Or they could add some of the old things like
      wheel of fate
      capture an astral
      Speak in world chat
      to the devotion list to ease the pressure of getting to that 300 devotion.
      Works for euro servers for missing blood fang during maintanence

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        They can't individualize the compensation. Devotion is a pretty hot topic right now, so perhaps we can push for maintenance compensation to be the 300 devotion prize? I feel like that would have the best chance of being approved.
        Individual compensation would be too much to ask, but it shouldn't be that much harder to establish different rewards for servers in different time zones. US time servers miss no scheduled events for regular maintenance, so for most of us, any comp is just free stuff, but Euro and Oceanic servers miss important events regularly, so it's really not balanced.

Basically, if maintenance window eclipses event X, comp should include something for X. Given the regularity of maintenance timing, it should mostly be a one-time thing to figure it out, then just distribute in the future.

Comment

Except maintenance can happen on a different day of the week. Each week can have a different event being clipped by maintenance. We'd be looking at 4 different comp packs that would have to be decided on after maintenance is complete, as sometimes it's short and nothing is missed, and sometimes it goes into overtime and a lot of things are missed. The main problem is the devs have to approve the compensation ahead of time and set it up to be included as an event in game.

The OP's suggestion was to mark missed devotion events as complete, but again, there's no way to predict what devotion events might be missed, and not very likely that it would be an approved change to the game. Since many are struggling with devotion at the moment, it would be far more likely to get the compensation itself changed to what 300 devotion gives, but to be honest, it's really a long shot. We've been trying to push for a compensation update for ages, even if it's just adding a 0 to everything, and that's been getting turned down, but we were never really specific with the request either.

As much as we could all probably agree that all of the proposed suggestions would be great, it's not in line with the spirit of why there's compensation for scheduled downtime. Compensation is a preemptive apology for some things that are known to potentially not work properly after a maintenance, and was never meant to replace events that might be missed due to the servers being down.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

The easiest thing to do would to fix devotion by adding a few more things that players can do to gain devotion. I miss out on 1st world boss all the time because I am at work unless I can get my 6yr old to log me and don't even get me started on the devotion for guild battle. If 3 things was added to gain devotion then getting the 300 would not be so bad for anyone right now even players that have not made it to lv 80 have no hope at all at getting the devotion since they can not do DI granted its a way to get players to level up but at the same time I see too many players at lv 80 when they should not be. Think of players on new servers rushing to lv 80 before they even have 100k br then what they can not do mpds or class adv because they are too weak unless they are on an older server where they can get help from stronger players they are f***ed. I have seen more and more players giving up because of the new devotion some come on and do their blitz and hot events and thats all, over time these players end up quitting the game. If things don't change soon I feel a lot of players both cashiers and non cashiers will leave. Yesterday I got a pm from another player to check out a new game and I will be honest it looks really good but I can not play more then one game I don't have the time for it. What it really boils down to is do I start a new game or grit my teeth and bare it and hope for a change.
            IGN: whitewolf
            Server: s507 Forgotten Abyss
            Guild: OUTCASTS
            Class: Archer

Comment

Working...
            X