R2 Biased Against Archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Biased Against Archers

Don't get me wrong I love playing everyday with my friends, but there's definitely a strong bias against archers in the game when it comes to knighthood. All classes have 4 passive skills on each of the skills trees. However archers have passives that do not work at all. I achieved knighthood within a month after it was added to the game and for the first month all of my passives worked wonderfully. Then after one of R2's regularly scheduled maintenance, my passives stopped working, well 3 of them anyways. Crack Shot, which gives an increased attack buff to the entire team still works fine, but Hunting Leader, which gives a dealt damage increase dropped from 50% to less than 1% of the time. The other two passives Evil Revelation and Support Expert stopped working completely. The last two of the passives are what gives archers a fighting chance against the Knight and Mage passives which steal awakening points and rage by increasing both. It's gotten to the point that archers are nothing more than a support character for multi-player dungeons. Either balance out the passives so we stand a chance against the other classes by removing their passives, or get the archer passives working again.

R2 biased against archers, despite archers being monstrously overpowered in group PvP, and still very strong in single PvP...... right.

Why not just say, 'the archer passives are bugged and are not working properly'?

If R2 is biased against any class, it's probably mages.

Comment

Archers are the most beloved class, and more likely need atk nerf,but this is another topic.

After kh,
      Archers>Knights>Mages

Before kh,
      Archer>Mages>knights

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
        Archers are the most beloved class, and more likely need atk nerf,but this is another topic.

After kh,
        Archers>Knights>Mages

Before kh,
        Archer>Mages>knights
        before wartune 3.0 it was knights (2 shields and rage stealing) mages (healing ) archers lol (scatter) lol

Comment

Archer class does have a disadvantage if fighting 1v1 against knights and mages. Our skill tree that does the damage doesnt have a awakening boost or steal like either of those classes, makes it a hell of a lot harder to win in bg etc.

Comment

are u kidding me hah, archer have that buged aoe skill that does more dmg than its supposed to and its alot more dmg not just a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by robertelmore4 View Post
              Archer class does have a disadvantage if fighting 1v1 against knights and mages. Our skill tree that does the damage doesnt have a awakening boost or steal like either of those classes, makes it a hell of a lot harder to win in bg etc.
              Archers do have such a skill, or are supposed to, at least. I don't know if it works properly, and it wouldn't be a surprise if it doesn't, since hunting leader did get "fixed" and seems to be well below the advertised 20% rate, probably 5-10%, based on my cursory observations. It was previously more like 80%, though, so it was definitely broken before.

I can say with some certainty that Evil Revelation does trigger, and frequently, since I get the bonus rage as well when we're teamed up.

As for the game being biased against archers? LMAO! They're obviously biased against mages post-KH. Archers have always been favored in many ways because so many pve events heavily depend on damage output.

Comment

You say we have overpowered damage output, yet to use the awakening skill we have to ditch the positive damage buffs for us and debuff for enemy and all the overpowered attacks to get it. So it isnt worth it in the end as the damage advantage is then gone.

Comment

Originally posted by robertelmore4 View Post
                  You say we have overpowered damage output, yet to use the awakening skill we have to ditch the positive damage buffs for us and debuff for enemy and all the overpowered attacks to get it. So it isnt worth it in the end as the damage advantage is then gone.
                  You mean on the secondary tree? The one that almost no one uses?

Alright.

I was under the impression that the secondary tree was garbage by all accounts, excluding that one skill - which is useless since it costs 100 rage.
                  Last edited by Alsatia01; 07-26-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

dumbest thread ever, you win the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                      You mean on the secondary tree? The one that almost no one uses?

Alright.

I was under the impression that the secondary tree was garbage by all accounts, excluding that one skill - which is useless since it costs 100 rage.
                      Actually for me, the archer has it best when it comes to the skill trees. The Shot skill tree (top one) is probably the best for pve (with it's single target higher damage shots) while the Survive Tree (bottom one) is by far best for pvp, especially group pvp, in my opinion. With survive, what you might lose in max damage per shot, you make up for with an extra aoe (which debuffs the entire enemy of 3 buffs each), 2 self heals, a damage over time passive, and Delph which not only deals decent damage but steals awakening points . An archer friend I run with won't even do TOK NM or any pvp unless he's in the Survive tree.

If you want to talk funny though, look at the shot tree where the 100 rage delph actually does less damage than the 80 rage shot. Truthfully which tree you use is mostly up to your play style, clothing/starting rage, and how your toon is built. At least both trees are useful and you can swtich back and forth based on if you want to do high single target damage or increased survivability/group damage. Compared to knight or mages where you have to pick either pure offense or pure defense, Archers actually got the better deal.

Comment

Archer defence tree is op if you know how to use it (and it's not that hard).

Comment

Working...
                        X