Ingame Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingame Purchases

Why is it that the "Hot Event" says to spend 2000 Balens, but the item in the shop is only 1999? This is more of the "Tricks of the Trade", isn't it? Let me know when you are ready to admit that I understand.

Originally posted by R239359925 View Post
    Why is it that the "Hot Event" says to spend 2000 Balens, but the item in the shop is only 1999? This is more of the "Tricks of the Trade", isn't it? Let me know when you are ready to admit that I understand.
    Not sure I get what your saying. The Hot Event for spender, is a total of 2000 balens spent on items that count towards spender events. There are many more items to buy in shop that can add up to 2000.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
      Not sure I get what your saying. The Hot Event for spender, is a total of 2000 balens spent on items that count towards spender events. There are many more items to buy in shop that can add up to 2000.
      What he is saying is since the shop item is 1999 balens, you have to buy something else when you may not want to buy anything else to get the 2k balen spender event reward.

Comment

It's not really a 'trick'.... it's one of the oldest methods of making money in history. Even vending machines do the same type of thing.

Comment

It's not a big deal when all you have to do is throw in some minor extra purchase. A single event box is cheap and typically fills out the threshold. What used to be really annoying were the "spend X in a single purchase" so that you couldn't hit it with more expensive items, since they would be 1 or 5 balens short. I don't think they've had any like that in a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
            It's not really a 'trick'.... it's one of the oldest methods of making money in history. Even vending machines do the same type of thing.
            In that case, was the Tulip Bulb war a method or a trick? I suppose prostitution is a method, too?
            Last edited by R239359925; 08-03-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

In that case, was the Tulip Bulb war a method or a trick?
              Both, but not applicable in this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                Both, but not applicable in this scenario.
                Ok. I will give you a dime for every quarter you can spin. Method or trick? You won't fall for mine. So, why should I fall for yours? As I see it, those who spend money on this game do so because they choose to. You do not need all these methods.
                Last edited by R239359925; 08-03-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Ok. I will give you a dime for every quarter you can spin. Method or trick? You won't fall for mine. So, why should I fall for yours? As I see it, those who spend money on this game do so because they choose to. You do not need all these methods.
                  Again, not applicable.

I get that you don't like the current system, but there's no 'trick' going on. The event clearly shows how much you need to spend in order to redeem bonus rewards, and all of the items in the shop are clearly labeled. You can't get mad at R2 because you didn't understand that 1999 is less than 2000.

It's an underhanded business practice at worst, and it's done by literally, tens of thousands of businesses around the world. It's not new.

R2 and Proficient City are awful companies for a myriad of different reasons, but this isn't one of them.

Comment

Harry Mudd is just so ethical

Comment

it is a great way to make players recharge more than 2000 balens if they want to make a 1999 balen purchase and also get the spend 2000 balens reward

Comment

Be trustworthy.
                        Commit to the team.
                        Listen to understand.
                        These are just a few concepts being taught by the Fortune 500 company I work for.
                        I don't know where you get your ** from, but you sound a lot like Cerano Jones selling Tribbles.
                        Last edited by R239359925; 08-04-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Be trustworthy.
                          Commit to the team.
                          Listen to understand.
                          These are just a few concepts being taught by the Fortune 500 company I work for.
                          I don't know where you get your ** from, but you sound a lot like Cerano Jones selling Tribbles.
                          I'm not sure why you keep using the Star Trek references, but I'm pretty sure you're the only one who understands them.

More on topic, show me a fortune 500 company that isn't a bureaucratic nightmare, astonishingly corrupt, or have at the very least, ruthless business practices - and I will show you a fortune 500 company that's not doing very well financially.

You work for a fortune 500 company that doesn't make profit its #1 goal above all else? Why am I inherently suspicious of that concept?.....

Comment

Play smart. If you're going to spend the 2000 balens then do it in the Golden road. At least you can do exactly 2000 balens and you'll get clothing shards and clothing boxes that will help you're clothing level. If you're going to comment on this little "Trick" I can't wait for you to start on the consecutively increasing recharge events that mimic phising attacks on your cc, or the recharge rewards that are at 15, 25, 35, 50, etc, where you have to do at least 2 recharges to hit the amount or recharge for far more than you want/need to. Though in all these cases and more it's not a trick but a tactic since nothing is hidden from you or actually a surprise. The whole tactic behind these methods is to get you to recharge and spend more. If you have only now just figured that out after a year and a half of playing, then I hope someone else is holding onto your checkbook for you.

Comment

Do you understand "Shark Repellent?" They taught me that it is not a race, and it is not about the money. Are you saying that even their training videos are corrupt? I say no. It is only the world you choose to see because you are a hustler.

Comment

Working...
                              X