[HELP] Archer vs Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Archer vs Mage

Been stuck deciding which class is better.
    Both class actually works well for me.

Archer is good in term of dps, 1v1.
    Mage is good in term of AoE, however, due to casting time, might be harder to solo Archer.

Some people told me Archer is good only for early age.
    Some people told me Archer excel in World Boss.
    Some people told me Mage excel at late game (after getting RoF to lvl4).

I don't know, I like both of the classes.
    Hope someone who had experience to give me more insight info.

Archer are great at start and at very late game 70+

Mage are regular all the time

Comment

Flip a coin.
      Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
      Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
      Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

Originally posted by R23021573 View Post
        Archer are great at start and at very late game 70+

Mage are regular all the time
        Any in-depth or detailed info?

Originally posted by Mr.Viruz View Post
        Flip a coin.
        Ignored.

Comment

Archer has some great skills that takes lot of levels to max it, like scater shot, armor piecer, incendiary shot. All those skills will only be full power at lvl 80 or something, and they dominate the game.

Comment

Originally posted by R23021573 View Post
            Archer has some great skills that takes lot of levels to max it, like scater shot, armor piecer, incendiary shot. All those skills will only be full power at lvl 80 or something, and they dominate the game.
            It seems like everyone is saying Archer is better. Do you mind if I take a look of your skill build?
            Heard people are saying Multishot is a must to max out.

Comment

knight win. ^^
              Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                knight win. ^^
                Please kindly read the title before you say anything.
                You are totally not helping me in any relevant ways.

Comment

Can't fight mages if you has low HP and Mdef ( even if you have high Mdef it still hard to resist at lvl45+ mage ). but after VERY VERY EXTREMELY LATE GAME, maybe archer will come back ( no talk about knights). Mages PVP sets make them cast AOE skill in the 1st round, but archer has no AOE until reach 45 rage(mean that at least you can use AOE in 3rd round), Also, like I mention be4, in the 3rd round, mage can cast another AOE which mean your knights are all gone. that's why we got to have high HP and Mdef. and I still dont' know how to fight mages who is in the same lvl as archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Meibis View Post
                    Can't fight mages if you has low HP and Mdef ( even if you have high Mdef it still hard to resist at lvl45+ mage ). but after VERY VERY EXTREMELY LATE GAME, maybe archer will come back ( no talk about knights). Mages PVP sets make them cast AOE skill in the 1st round, but archer has no AOE until reach 45 rage(mean that at least you can use AOE in 3rd round), Also, like I mention be4, in the 3rd round, mage can cast another AOE which mean your knights are all gone. that's why we got to have high HP and Mdef. and I still dont' know how to fight mages who is in the same lvl as archer.
                    Thanks for the in-depth info. This is part of what I concern before.
                    However, Archer multishot skill have lower CD time compare with mage.
                    I *THINK* Archer have faster attack speed / casting time compare with mage.

The set you mentioned, gave mage initial 30 rage, which can be cast 2 times of continous RoF.
                    Or, one damnation (increase damage received), then follow with another RoF.

Comment

Archers will dominate the game until mid to late 30s when mages start catching up.

Once mages start leveling up their aoe skills they can take down troops fairly quickly then they get a fair shot at archers in duels. It is frustrating when archers get multiple turns in a row in a duel but it is the way it is. Due to the lack of aoe it means they have to kill my troops one by one and by the time we are both with no troops I have their health low enough I can finish them off unless they are very well geared and can tear me to shreds.

Mages do better in catacombs than archers and dominate in there once you start getting up to 40. The aoe means they kill the non boss levels very quickly and all the healing and mdef is very useful past level 50 where catacombs is all about that.

Mages also are great in arena. I typically run with 2 other mages very close to my level and we typically win 28-30 of our matches daily. All the aoe is deadly and if a mage casts suntoria that can be very beneficial too.

On World boss my mage is starting to get on the board and I have come 4th a few times in my early-mid 40s (top 3 are crazy cashers). Thunderer and lightning bolt is a good combo for single target, though archers who know what they are doing still beat me out if they are similar in gear level.

Mages are also great in the sense they can have a dps set and a healing set. Healing set is needed in void nightmare which I have been running, and if you can afford 2 skill trees with balens then that helps a lot.

Comment

I prefer mage, because being a mage, I kill very high level troops off quickly and all I had to work up was my pdef as my mdef is naturally high. Being an archer, its all about patk, kill before you get killed. Catacombs are much easier on the high level as a mage too, I can start 2 levels before a boss to get rage instead of saving my rage runes (which I prefer to use to save bad parties in dungeons) without losing a whole lot of hp. I have an archer in my guild who saves his rage runes b/c high level cata's cost him huge hp 2 levels before, I have no problem doing so. I like archer and wished for the first 40 levels that I had went archer, but now that I have been 50 up and owning many archers/knights, I'm loving every minute of it. The knights will catch up and own me probably, but I hope to keep my matk very very high to pound the **** outta them I love my AoE effects and having 2 classes (archers/knights) with low mdef, it makes it easier to deal with instead of constantly trying to up mdef AND pdef. My mdef goes up with my Intelligence levels and with my defense levels, so much easier to just concentrate on upping my pdef. My biggest threat is other mages at my level. I am always taking out higher level knights and archers, much to my amazement. For a good all round mage build, all passives except castinator which is at lvl 1, lvl 4 lightning and rain of fire, all heals (must for garden), lvl 2 puri (meteor and castinator will catch up by lvl 58 :/ ) blessing lvl 1 good for pretty much everything so far
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

archs suck after lvl 45 so dont bother, mages stay good throughout so they are good, knights OWN late game.....for u to decide

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                            Archers will dominate the game until mid to late 30s when mages start catching up.

Once mages start leveling up their aoe skills they can take down troops fairly quickly then they get a fair shot at archers in duels. It is frustrating when archers get multiple turns in a row in a duel but it is the way it is. Due to the lack of aoe it means they have to kill my troops one by one and by the time we are both with no troops I have their health low enough I can finish them off unless they are very well geared and can tear me to shreds.

Mages do better in catacombs than archers and dominate in there once you start getting up to 40. The aoe means they kill the non boss levels very quickly and all the healing and mdef is very useful past level 50 where catacombs is all about that.

Mages also are great in arena. I typically run with 2 other mages very close to my level and we typically win 28-30 of our matches daily. All the aoe is deadly and if a mage casts suntoria that can be very beneficial too.

On World boss my mage is starting to get on the board and I have come 4th a few times in my early-mid 40s (top 3 are crazy cashers). Thunderer and lightning bolt is a good combo for single target, though archers who know what they are doing still beat me out if they are similar in gear level.

Mages are also great in the sense they can have a dps set and a healing set. Healing set is needed in void nightmare which I have been running, and if you can afford 2 skill trees with balens then that helps a lot.
                            Wow! This is what I called in-depth info.
                            You're making me re-considering all over again.
                            Just for unknown reasons, I always failed killing Archer.

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
                            I prefer mage, because being a mage, I kill very high level troops off quickly and all I had to work up was my pdef as my mdef is naturally high. Being an archer, its all about patk, kill before you get killed. Catacombs are much easier on the high level as a mage too, I can start 2 levels before a boss to get rage instead of saving my rage runes (which I prefer to use to save bad parties in dungeons) without losing a whole lot of hp. I have an archer in my guild who saves his rage runes b/c high level cata's cost him huge hp 2 levels before, I have no problem doing so. I like archer and wished for the first 40 levels that I had went archer, but now that I have been 50 up and owning many archers/knights, I'm loving every minute of it. The knights will catch up and own me probably, but I hope to keep my matk very very high to pound the **** outta them I love my AoE effects and having 2 classes (archers/knights) with low mdef, it makes it easier to deal with instead of constantly trying to up mdef AND pdef. My mdef goes up with my Intelligence levels and with my defense levels, so much easier to just concentrate on upping my pdef. My biggest threat is other mages at my level. I am always taking out higher level knights and archers, much to my amazement. For a good all round mage build, all passives except castinator which is at lvl 1, lvl 4 lightning and rain of fire, all heals (must for garden), lvl 2 puri (meteor and castinator will catch up by lvl 58 :/ ) blessing lvl 1 good for pretty much everything so far
                            OH! So you have another knight?
                            I checked most of the server, and I'm surprised, a few servers, the highest rating is Knight.
                            So I guess, knight owns in late game?

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                            archs suck after lvl 45 so dont bother, mages stay good throughout so they are good, knights OWN late game.....for u to decide
                            That's the hardest part. Been stuck to decide.
                            Tried archer, and it seems awesome.
                            But from the feedback, I'm siding Mage again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconutwei View Post
                              That's the hardest part. Been stuck to decide.
                              Tried archer, and it seems awesome.
                              But from the feedback, I'm siding Mage again.
                              Archs arent awesome, they suck after lvl 45, and i mean SUCKKK unless ofc u put some money into them(some=500+$), but its SO much more worth it to put that money in mages(the best are knights but thats not in the question), go for mages as they are the "easy" mode of the game u can say.
                              Mages-> Own cata very early, have high level gems really fast and are always needed in MP dungeon 45+ so ull be in demand for them, VERY strong in battlegrounds but suck in guild battles.
                              Archers->OWN in early game, are always very rich coz of high dps in WB, Gain medallions fast as 3 decent archers team will NEVER EVER loose before lvl 40(unless u face monster cashers), Suck hard(and i mean HARD) after lvl 50.
                              In short, I recommend a mage.

Comment

Working...
                              X