Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Joining a guild just for Guild wars ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining a guild just for Guild wars ?

We have several people on my server who ask to get kicked from their guilds and join another guild just for guild wars. They then get kicked from that guild and rejoin their origional guild. This should not be allowed, it is supposed to be team vs team event not a team and 15 of their friends from another guild who join just so they can win. This goes against the whole spirit of a guild vs guild event, how can anyone claim their guild won 2nd
    place if the needed 15-20 players from another guild to do it. I propose a longer cooldown or some kind of large debuff for people who do this, maybe have them lose guild powers for 72 hrs or something.

Isn't it an honor that someone is required to pull in rent-a-soldiers in order to compete with you?

This happened in my server this week too, we still beat the other guild and their rent-a-mercs, and it was much more satisfying to know they were pulling out all the stops to try and win.

As far as I see it though, real world military does the same thing, pulling in operatives from other services, to aid their own. If it happens in real life, it's pretty obvious that it's gonna happen here too. Unfortunately for the opposing guild that pulled in ppl from another guild, it does get broadcasted pretty quickly that the other guild used mercs, every guild has a loud mouth, it's just up to the other guild if they can live without their honor or not.

Comment

Here would be an interesting suggestion concerning this issue:

Place in a feature that allows guilds to work with the ones competing in the Guild Wars, this feature would be a double edged sword though.
      A guild can hire members from other guilds that are NOT qualified to play in the Guild Wars, the price for every player dependant on level would 10 wealth per 10 levels (50 wealth for a lv50 player for example). The players hired would be marked as Mercenary but would not say what guild that player is from.

Whether they win or lose, the Mercenaries would get the rewards for participating in that Guild War an the Guild that let their players get hired will recieve the non refundable wealth cost. However, their is a negative to this, the hired players since they are not part of the guild they are helping, an the guild that hired the mercs will NOT recieve honor in that Guild Battle.

A further negative will be placed on the Hired players which cause their stamina to be cut by 25% (reducing them to a max of 150 stamina instead of 200), an cannot be hired again until Guild Battle Reset. Further more, if a member was recently hired an is either kicked or leaves his/her guild, a 48 hr cooldown is placed on them.

Pros:
      Guilds that Hire Mercs will have a better chance at winning (provided they choose wisely)
      Hired Mercs gain rewards regardless if the guild they helping wins/loses
      Guilds that rent their players will recieve 10 wealth per 10 levels of the hired player

Cons:
      Guilds that Hire Mercs & The Mercs themselves recieve NO Honor if the feature is used
      Mercs cannot be hired to another Guild Battle for any guild til Guild Battle Resets
      Recently Hired Mercs will recieve a 25% reduction in Max Stamina til Guild Battle Reset
      Recently Hired Mercs if kicked or leave their Guild will be under a 48 hr cooldown instead of standard 24 hr cooldown

The cost of hiring a Merc in my opinion wouldn't be considered a Con considering that nothing is free, real world organizations expect payment if other organizations want the services of their employees and/or members. Even the armies in the real world hire Mercs, an to add the "No Honor" part of it makes sense because Mercs in all countries, past an present, only care about getting paid, they are doing it for honor or gratitude, they are doing it for the money & the spoils of war.

Good idea?
      Hear My Voice & FEEL MY WRATH!!

Sarcasm is a language I am fluent in, you have been warned!

Comment

I think people that join a guild must wait 48 hours before the you are able to join guild wars. I also firmly think that a guild must rely on their own strength and not the strength of others guilds , this is not real life people need to show alil honor . Gyrannon you have a good theory their . But people should win their own guild battles and then get kicked out to join another for double rewards, that is just not fair to most players . I also believe that if you need to use another guild to fight your battles then your guild shouldnt be doing Gw's . Guilds should show guild pride and fight with their own power win or lose you grow stronger that way
        Last edited by PoisonousKiss; 12-04-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

A lot of good ideas here, but I think I like the idea of not being able to participate in the Guild war until you have been in a guild for 48 hrs the best so far, maybe make it 72 hrs, then they see they can't see how hard their opponent is and decide who they want to fight for in next battle. The home guild would lose them for 2 battles

Comment

The rewards of guild wars are so imbalanced that players are flocking to the strongest guild.
            There must be more control for the situation. This is a case of the "rich getting richer, poor getting poorer" being manifested in a game.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

i feel pitty for guild member that can't participate because guildmaster decide to hire mercenaries.

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonousKiss View Post
                I think people that join a guild must wait 48 hours before the you are able to join guild wars. I also firmly think that a guild must rely on their own strength and not the strength of others guilds , this is not real life people need to show alil honor . Gyrannon you have a good theory their . But people should win their own guild battles and then get kicked out to join another for double rewards, that is just not fair to most players . I also believe that if you need to use another guild to fight your battles then your guild shouldnt be doing Gw's . Guilds should show guild pride and fight with their own power win or lose you grow stronger that way
                Where did I say "Double Rewards"? Alot of what you said didnt make any sense. But as said, its an idea, and it has a double edged sword - regular guild battle if you don't use Mercs, you gain honor during that battle, but your guild does, then your guild along with the hired Mercs get no honor for that battle.

An I said that guilds that rent their own to other Guilds have to not be able to Enter a Guild Battle (not part of top 16), an that only the guilds that are in the Guild Battles can hire from other Guilds. And yes it can be helpful, yeah you gotta fight your battles with your own strength, but in case you haven't noticed we have lives to live OUTSIDE of Wartune, and alot of times we have to keep our lives going if we wanna continue playing this game (the game maybe free but internet isn't, the roof over our heads isn't, the food we eat isn't).
                So yeah it is fair, with fair Pros & Cons.

Say you haven't won a single battle for a week because a lot of your best players work some of those days or have plans, the option to hire players would be helpful. Sure you would have to pay a guild to use them, but would you rather fight a high level guild with no chance of succeeding?
                Not saying that you have to do it, it's your choice, its an option that says "Take every advantage you can get, but only if you can handle the costs".

Originally posted by bolananas2nd View Post
                i feel pitty for guild member that can't participate because guildmaster decide to hire mercenaries.
                Ya know that happens even now right? And some guilds don't let certain players play because either they have more than 50 OR that player like to go AFK during GB. Recent member in my guild was AFK during GB, we warned he didn't listen, we could've gotten better rewards but he just stood there the whole battle - KICKED, I don't pity him in the least.

And another thing is, say one of your players says "I'm not gonna be here for the next Guild Battle" then comes back cause whatever he/she was doing ended sooner than he/she thought, tries to join up but can't cause he/she had plans. Understandable, but its not like its the only GB in the game to ever experience lol.
                Last edited by Gyrannon; 12-04-2012, 03:02 AM.
                Hear My Voice & FEEL MY WRATH!!

Sarcasm is a language I am fluent in, you have been warned!

Comment

It's bc R2 decided to make so many servers so that the population is so little. Thus meaning that there only be one or two major guilds in that server, and that makes every other guild inferior and end up losing all the time. In the end guild battles are joke due to 90% of the guilds not showing up(why would you not show up? Even if you lose you still get rewards.) and wasting time. Then either guilds start to merge together or there just be one major guild winning all the time. No real fun since well there is no population in the servers. Maybe only the first five servers made have a decent size population but the rest are garbage. R2 needs to start merging and I mean merge more than 2 servers every other week. Releasing 6 servers a week and merging 2 servers every other week. Isn't going to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by squall6677 View Post
                    Isn't it an honor that someone is required to pull in rent-a-soldiers in order to compete with you?

This happened in my server this week too, we still beat the other guild and their rent-a-mercs, and it was much more satisfying to know they were pulling out all the stops to try and win.

As far as I see it though, real world military does the same thing, pulling in operatives from other services, to aid their own. If it happens in real life, it's pretty obvious that it's gonna happen here too. Unfortunately for the opposing guild that pulled in ppl from another guild, it does get broadcasted pretty quickly that the other guild used mercs, every guild has a loud mouth, it's just up to the other guild if they can live without their honor or not.
                    haa, in my server a lot of the strong members that were in the second strongest guild went ahead and joined the strongest guild. Now that guild dominates everything. They dominate world boss, guild wars, battleground, arena, and even the first couple of pages on the ranking list, both by lvl and br.

Comment

So if you are in top guild you can finish your round fast, get kicked, join lower guild, hop in battle and get the rewards for both GvG?

Comment

I like the idea of not being able to join a guild war for 72 hours after joining a new guild.

Comment

Saltybadger lvl 56 mage
                          S20
                          Assistant Guild Master of FairyMetal
                          I think that people joining another guild just for guild battle is a new and exciting part too the game it can create alliance's between guilds and help the lower battle rating people out that are in guilds with too many high battle rating players too allow all guild members too participate.
                          further more people in top guilds cannot finish their guild battle and then jump into another guild for double rewards there is a stop in place for that(we tried it).

Comment

u can only participate in 1 GB in 1 day
                            u cannot enter 2 of them i think

if u can i think it should be banned that we can enter 2 GB for double reward
                            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                            [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by R23673721 View Post
                              I think that people joining another guild just for guild battle is a new and exciting part too the game it can create alliance's between guilds and help the lower battle rating people out that are in guilds with too many high battle rating players too allow all guild members too participate.
                              New and exciting for who? It's no longer gvg at that point, it's just top casher vs top casher. Whoever is friendly with the most top cashers will win. That kind of thing is fine for battleground and group arena, but for guild wars it's a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X