X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centaur0001
    started a topic City Plunders

City Plunders

As Wartune has evolved, something I've noticed in playing two servers, and talking to others during things like CSGB that I think deserves to be considered.

We do NOT need City Plunders in this game.

For the most part, the only ones doing it, on any server, are those "trying to send a message" and trying to create drama. For no more than 800K gold per attempt, which really doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme here, you've got people just trying to create ill will, and detract from the game.

If you want to replace the gold, fix our world boss, that is so weak now we almost never last a complete battle round, never get to activate sylphs during the event, and often last 30-40 seconds or less. Adjust the World Boss as you did a couple of years ago to beef it up, add hit points in line with server strength and player strength, make it a fun event again, and keep it an anchor to the game it deserves to be.

If you want challenges, you've got a duel function, and players can test each others' mettle that way. Add something to hot events, or devotion, making a player run a duel...which lets player CHOOSE who they will battle, without the annoyance of plunder, certainly without the low class attitudes of some who only plunder a specific guild, or will still plunder the same player five times a day to send their "message."

If you're like me, you figured out a long time ago plundering the weak is only that...not much of a challenge most of the time, a really low-class thing to do, and it just gets people angry. It gets tired and old fast, and is long past its time in Wartune. Please kill it as an "event" in this game. Fix WB. Use the Duel function properly. Make the game better that way. And keep it fun for everyone by not giving the worst elements on every server the means of sending a bad "message" that drives away fun, and with it drives away good people and players.
    Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-31-2016, 08:39 PM.

• Meikura001
    replied
    Hey! As I have stated before, I will say again. I only retaliate when attacked and I usually make a shopping trip with full guilds to spend my 5 x 5 attempts on (yep, that's a lot of torpedoes, captain) just to send a message. In my two years (three to four of knowing but took a break after it got boring the first time around) of playing, I only had my own guild pitted against another guild of a sizable amount of people (don't ask me how I managed to move 5 guys at once during GB prior to any merges, lol). They may have the numbers to keep both sides on their toes, but I got them 1v1 with each torp on the outside in the field. The big real estate of each zone was fun as it makes it challenging for me to "search and destroy" my targets. Now with just a 200x200 grid, it makes me wonder how do they manage.

Enough of that, though. Bottom line, people come to create fights, drama, and the like. It may be frowned upon by some, but it's part of the game. Some just get smart and buy animals or use that CD to develop without being plundered again during that time, unless they attack of course.

Drabis, that second quote got me laughing. It's so true.

Leave a comment:

• Drabis
    replied
    Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Wartune is a drama game.
    Oh I totally agree with you, this game has generated a lot of whiners and is also the perfect game for people with (some personal) issues. lol

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Originally posted by KayaBlanche View Post
    Or do this and it won't take much time. Make a few dummies level 80 on alts. Just use your main to get them up there. Then dump the dummies in random areas to plunder freely. I made a mini guild like that and plunder them myself. Problem solved. Now if we was playing Angels version of Wartune plundering a friends farm takes away from their friendship. Wartune is a drama type game that promotes war. Perhaps the maker of the thread should play on Angels instead.
    Lots servers had a common guild for plundering before, but with this crazy patch & merging, old players go, and everyone getting busy and impatient, pretty much all such effort is gone to nowhere and now basically nobody follows the agreement. But I guess we can still do it for ourselves.

Wartune is a drama game.

Leave a comment:

• Centaur0001
    replied
    Already keeping a herd of cows. Gold isn't the issue here, as I've said.

And plenty of inactives lately, and have actually advised others to do what you suggest about making dummies for plunder.

I'm not against a war component to the game. Have even said to some (even in this thread), as it's now designed, if you're hit and can retaliate, you probably should.

I just think this particular event, as a mechanism to warring, is a magnet for some of the problem children of the game and does harm to the game. It's a select few whom often the whole server would rather see retire. I'd rather see Wartune come up with something better and get rid of this. Not knocking your suggestions, so far as they go. But, for those of us with years invested in playing a toon in a guild with people we know, telling us to suddenly move along to another isn't the right answer, spend or no. Or, perhaps, that mechanism to harm a friendship rating might be used here, and if you've overdone it...have too low a rating with another player...that ends the plundering of that player until rating improves somehow. But, that's not a great solution in a war game, either, if you're looking at this as a pure war game instead of a mix with an adventure game, and so on. I still think replacing this with something else is the way to go here. I'm not advocating removing combat, just needless drama.

Leave a comment:

• KayaBlanche
    replied
    Or do this and it won't take much time. Make a few dummies level 80 on alts. Just use your main to get them up there. Then dump the dummies in random areas to plunder freely. I made a mini guild like that and plunder them myself. Problem solved. Now if we was playing Angels version of Wartune plundering a friends farm takes away from their friendship. Wartune is a drama type game that promotes war. Perhaps the maker of the thread should play on Angels instead.

Leave a comment:

• cloudstrife11122015
    replied
    The avoid gold loss when plundered just buy cows, deers, sheeps or horses.

Leave a comment:

• Centaur0001
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    if you dont want to do it, then dont. its that forking simple.
    Totally agreed. Even in retaliation, I've done one city plunder in nearly three years. I started out doing them, saw the error of my ways, and stopped.

why the heck you keep making a fuss at something that supposed to not concern you?
    Whole servers erupt in drama that starts with players doing this nonsense to "send a message" to a guild's GM, then often getting into World Chat and saying things I'd be banned here for repeating. It's not fun. It's not what players sign on for, unless they're here for trouble instead of playing Wartune. It detracts from the game for everyone. So, it DOES concern every player in the game. On this, let's agree to disagree, shall we?

I still say let's bury this event. I'm here for Wartune, not drama. "I don't wanna" is not an argument for keeping open the doors to drama, in my opinion.

And one more thought on this. For those who try to start the drama, getting rid of city plunders may do them a favor and save them from themselves.
    Last edited by Centaur0001; 09-08-2016, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
    Actually, I think it's a problem because I do not want to plunder other players, or anything else based on finding weaker players and taking from them.
    if you dont want to do it, then dont. its that forking simple.
    why the heck you keep making a fuss at something that supposed to not concern you?

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Lots features in this game are encouraging drama. It's up to the players to choose their way of game life.
    But like in real life, there are always people who love to affect other people in an unwanted way.
    In-game it's worse because there's no rules and laws and the bad apples can't be gotten rid of.
    Charm ranking might be one way to discourage bad behavior, but most people either don't care about charm rank or they command or threaten other people to send them rose bundles, so there's really no rules in there, and charm by itself could also be part of the drama.

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Yeah, I just use my free dimension if I do get the rarity of invading another's without even going in. That's something that is out of anyone's hands and system generated. However, plunders are those who are player generated. I sometimes get hit, and I will have the fun of locating targets of an entire guild to send my message back to. The 9 level difference is what makes it more fun as anything greater than a 10 difference will not be able to plunder or be plundered. On a different game, it doesn't matter if you are level 1 or 200, you will get attacked if you have the resources (and most of us go for shootdowns, as in ships laying around carelessly) to be carried back.

Leave a comment:

• R2111470937
    replied
    it's only a problem if you treat it as one.
    the real loss is only 800k gold, and that is just a pocket change now. also it can be preventable by emptying your gold, moving to safer map, etc.
    only an idiot thinks that insulting/ making a drama about being plundered will stop people to plunder him again.
    Actually, I think it's a problem because I do not want to plunder other players, or anything else based on finding weaker players and taking from them.

As the game is now, it is not much of a disadvantage for players who do not want to take from others. ... but remember back when dimensions were hard to come by and much more valuable, then the upddate came in which players would randomly (involuntarily) invade other dimensions regularly? That created a huge uproar, because it was a disadvantage to players who did not want to take from others. ... and you know the complaints came from the top of the pecking order, because R2/Prof/7Road quickly made the invasions rare and then gave a free dimension to BOTH players when it happened.
    Last edited by R2111470937; 09-07-2016, 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling error

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    it's only a problem if you treat it as one.
    the real loss is only 800k gold, and that is just a pocket change now. also it can be preventable by emptying your gold, moving to safer map, etc.
    only an idiot thinks that insulting/ making a drama about being plundered will stop people to plunder him again.

Leave a comment:

• Centaur0001
    replied
    Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    On the WB issue: They can't as they reached the highest integer without the game crashing.

Plunder issue: You talked about causing drama but failed to realize that the one who attacked me already has drawn first blood....
    On the WB issue, I hadn't seen that posted in here before, and didn't know...many thanks for that info. I would think there's a way to code around any limitation, though. For example, change DEF scores on the WB by a factor of 100 or 1000, and adjust payout per point of damage accordingly. I don't see this as any kind of a showstopper whatsoever.

On plunders...yes, you've got a point, and I appreciate the perspective. However, avoiding the drama in the first place makes this war/adventure game better, in my opinion...though I know that's an opinion...yet, others I've talked to are just tired of how often the drama happens over this game event and just want it shut down. Too little potential fun or gain, too much of a problem in return, and the chance to alter the game for the better in replacing it in the roster of events, or so I think.

As for Arlad, they're not even touching me. I'm bringing it up here because, frankly, I'm tired of sooooo much whining over nothing of consequence, just as you suggest. But, it's really the game's problem children doing all this, too. Nobody would have to worry about who hit whom first if this were just deleted as an option. Having people get into world chat, sometimes using this as a point on which to tell others their lifestyles are superior and they're superior people as a result, or as a point to insult guild masters, kids, women, and so on...it's REALLY and SERIOUSLY time to give this thing a burial. We've got two guilds on this merged server of ours over 700M BR on a given day, and it's probably the strongest, spendiest server in the game...if not, it's surely close. People come in and try to hit 300 devotion daily, and everyone plays hard. We don't need the drama and distraction from our fun caused by this nonsense. We don't need the racial slurs, the misogyny, and the verbal abuse. If, occasionally, it results in a happy ending, the daily or hourly drumbeat sometimes is just flaming annoying. And guilds decidedly don't bother with plunder wars. We understand, as adult players, the class of the server doesn't partake. But, that's choice, opinion, and the way the server is made up at this point. Your mileage probably does vary.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    still whining about trivial matters huh?
    no wonder those guys loved to plunder you, they like seeing your overreaction over simple things like this.
    stop being so salty. just take it like you stepped on a dog turd, just brush it off and move on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X