Thor or Odin as main?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor or Odin as main?

Finally gathered 60k bound balens on both knight and archer, and about to get my first merged sylph.
    Right now at the decision point of deciding which to get, a Tyre (Thor) or Loki (Odin)?
    I'll never recharge again, so this will be my first and last merged sylph, and it'll be my main sylph.
    Odin has much more versatile active skills, but its passive stats boost is not as impressive.
    I really need the +5% PATK boost from a Thor, but I have a feeling that my hero's lack of survival skills (will be a Fury knight & Shot archer) would have narrowed down my ability to do well in most places other than WB/DI/BI/etc. if my main is Thor.
    But 5% PATK boost could mean 20-40k PATK on my HERO, which is much more important than +5% MDEF boost (my MDEF is going to be relatively low on both toons).
    I don't care about sylph arena and expedition rankings. I need this sylph to be useful as a carry-on.
    Any suggestions?

Thor is incredible as a single target damage dealer.

Odin has more group attacks, but is a bit weaker in damage.

I use Thor (but don't have an Odin for comparison). When I won Tyre from Sacred Tree, I was annoyed, that it wasn't at least Freya or Loki. Now that I have and use Thor as my main sylph, I can't imagine not having it.

So, Odin may be slightly more versatile, but even for ToK and Arena, Thor is wicked. And considering that most of the game revolves around single targets, or very small groups, I would say that Thor is the most useful. Frigga would be my second choice as a utility for heal. shield and awakening steal (which is more arena useful than anything else)..
    Last edited by R224070026; 09-09-2016, 11:14 AM.
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

Comment

If you take up Odin it whoops on Thor like he was nothing. Odin has a higher damage over Thor. I too own Thor but s a kh would still want an Odin so I am trying to get him. With the new patch coming you may reconsider cashing for sylphs. The kid will have a sub kid and a sylph. All part of r2 and its keeping our money going to them. That will mean 3 sylphs strong for main and 2 strong more for stuff like class wars. So consider all before you cash a main.

Comment

Thanks for the info both. I'm waiting on a price reduction so I could get more bangs out of the same balens. It might never happen, but who knows.
        As for new patch, there's no confirmed info yet. Not holding my breath for anything that doesn't sound like a balens sink.
        And yes I'll still focus on one main sylph because everything else is just an NPC and their biggest significance is BR inflation (well...not entirely, because after kh we literally need a supporting eudaemon since our old skills are all gone).

Comment

I use Thor as main and love it. My Thor is 515k br, and have an Odin with 506k br, swapping gear makes the Odin about 515k. Hands down for me the Thor is best but everyone has a reason for what sylph they like. Thor is great for single targets Odin has lots of aoes. Ultimately you have to go with whats best for you. And if you like healing and aoes Frigga is nothing to ignore. Just do what works with how you play

Comment

It would really depend on your play style. If you are really big into pvp, then I would think odin would be a better choice because of more aoe skills. Although you could argue that thor could be better for pvp since most everyone has high light and dark resist.

If you are not into pvp that much, then I would say go for thor for the reasons others have said, more single target damage.

I personally don't have a merged sylph yet and may never have one, but I would want a thor as my main.

Comment

I have a feeling that Thor is not that different than a stronger Zeus (more like Zeus than Ares). Any thoughts on this?

Comment

As archer and heavy damage dealer I would go for Thor, period.
                Quote 1 : If the enemy crouches down on last bit of health, then aim your arrow at the butt. Plortch!!! ;)
                Quote 2 : Over the years Wartune did get better: Wartune>Lagtune>Bugtune>Nerftune>Stresstune>Hatetune>??? :confused:

Comment

use thor....will give you added abilities in pvp and normal mode

Comment

Just borrowed both for expedition.
                    505k Odin soloed through level 24.
                    507k Thor soloed through level 34.
                    That's significant difference.
                    But then expedition is very much the dps/boss style battle, which would favor Thor for sure.
                    I've seen light and dark sylphs of noticeably lower BR (every sylph has 10%+ lower BR) still easily beat my team of atoll sylphs in sylph arena.
                    For now, my main is Hercules/Zeus. I know their drawbacks (single target, low defense, no survival ability, etc.), and know they are useful only if I actually have adequate stats to beat the opponent.
                    I've used Athena/Venus and Gaia/Hecate before, and went further in some places than using electro, but my build (for both toons) is dps-bound, in most places they are a bit slow for me (skill CD, skill strength, casting speed, etc.).
                    I did beat more people with light sylph than the other two, but that probably has to do with resistances. After knighthood, we pretty much have uniform resistances (unless you focus only on some talents). I'm not expecting much resistance difference on the longer run.
                    Not sure what to do now. It'll probably take me another year to save up another 60k balens. I don't even know if the game still exists at that time.
                    So which to pick, Thor or Odin?

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                      Just borrowed both for expedition.
                      505k Odin soloed through level 24.
                      507k Thor soloed through level 34.
                      That's significant difference.
                      But then expedition is very much the dps/boss style battle, which would favor Thor for sure.
                      I've seen light and dark sylphs of noticeably lower BR (every sylph has 10%+ lower BR) still easily beat my team of atoll sylphs in sylph arena.
                      For now, my main is Hercules/Zeus. I know their drawbacks (single target, low defense, no survival ability, etc.), and know they are useful only if I actually have adequate stats to beat the opponent.
                      I've used Athena/Venus and Gaia/Hecate before, and went further in some places than using electro, but my build (for both toons) is dps-bound, in most places they are a bit slow for me (skill CD, skill strength, casting speed, etc.).
                      I did beat more people with light sylph than the other two, but that probably has to do with resistances. After knighthood, we pretty much have uniform resistances (unless you focus only on some talents). I'm not expecting much resistance difference on the longer run.
                      Not sure what to do now. It'll probably take me another year to save up another 60k balens. I don't even know if the game still exists at that time.
                      So which to pick, Thor or Odin?
                      I only have a 5 star purple hades when we merged to an older server. So i get the help of a 500k+ br odin and passed stage 37.

Comment

Working...
                      X