Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Patch 6.1, knights are in hell again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Patch 6.1, knights are in hell again...

Look at how much rage a mage regains, how little rage consumption and CD their skills have, and how many useful skills they have comparing to knights.
    And why is a knight's shield weaker than a mages?!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Look at their rage regain, rage consumption, skill CD, skill strength and how many useful skills they have!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch6_1MageSkills.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	1785761

And us knights...this is all we have.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch6_1KnightSkills.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	1785762

Both screens were taken from the alts that I stopped playing at the same time, both have about same BR and talents level.

With this much difference, the game is clearly "balanced" as the patch note has stated (sarcasm)...

After knighthood, knights and mages are basically in the same boat (well...not really, knights still have the worst skill CD and rage consumption). I would regard that as "balanced".
    Now as a regular knight (holding off advancement) I feel like I want all regular mages to become knighted ASAP so the game has better balance.
    Not that I dislike mages, but I think this patch has destroyed the game balance for non-kh players again.

And as always, archers get the best of all, but they always get the longer end of the stick, and this patch did not change regular archer skills much other than letting them hit harder (and taking away all the freeze and stunning effects, which are taken away from the other two classes as well).
    Last edited by R238423534; 09-23-2016, 07:52 PM.

The original problem for mages has been a design-focus on group attacks, while the game's progress has been focused on strong single enemies (bosses, solo pvp). The only additions that have included group attacks are Titan Wars, CSGB and purgatory maze.
    The mage's rage building has increased, but it increased from a starting point where the mage's basic attack gave +6 rage (at 108% damage), and a rage-boost of +2 for each hit. The mage's #2 attack (rain of fire) was only 136% attack and would actually lose 2 points rage against single enemies without the new rage boost. Now bolt gives +37 rage (knight is at +35), and the #2 is 175% with +5 rage, both lower than the knight's #2 one-on-one.
    The mage's delphic attacks are strong row/group attacks. In other words, all three mage delphics are useless one-on-one. Thunderer has a 2 second cooldown ibecause t's the only other solo attack a mage has besides bolt (unless we choose the mage's class-advance attack skills, which leads to the third useless delphic attack).
    The mage shield is a single-player shield, while knight's 30% shield does self and eudamon. Anyways, the mage shield really should be cast on a front-row player (like iris shield).
    While the mage got a new passive to make rage build similar to knights, the knight got an extra 30% damage reduction that will be active for half the battle or more.
    Knight also got improvements on old passives, with more damage reduction, crit-rate reduction, and block-heals given new life. Mages still have the old heal boost, magic defense boost, and that 8% chance to reduce rage cost 20 points. No 20% HP boost or damage reduction.

On that note, however, I must say knights should have more AoE. I'll give you rain of fire in return for enhanced destroyer (or whatever the #2 is called).

Comment

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
      The original problem for mages has been a design-focus on group attacks, while the game's progress has been focused on strong single enemies (bosses, solo pvp). The only additions that have included group attacks are Titan Wars, CSGB and purgatory maze.
      The mage's rage building has increased, but it increased from a starting point where the mage's basic attack gave +6 rage (at 108% damage), and a rage-boost of +2 for each hit. The mage's #2 attack (rain of fire) was only 136% attack and would actually lose 2 points rage against single enemies without the new rage boost. Now bolt gives +37 rage (knight is at +35), and the #2 is 175% with +5 rage, both lower than the knight's #2 one-on-one.
      The mage's delphic attacks are strong row/group attacks. In other words, all three mage delphics are useless one-on-one. Thunderer has a 2 second cooldown ibecause t's the only other solo attack a mage has besides bolt (unless we choose the mage's class-advance attack skills, which leads to the third useless delphic attack).
      The mage shield is a single-player shield, while knight's 30% shield does self and eudamon. Anyways, the mage shield really should be cast on a front-row player (like iris shield).
      While the mage got a new passive to make rage build similar to knights, the knight got an extra 30% damage reduction that will be active for half the battle or more.
      Knight also got improvements on old passives, with more damage reduction, crit-rate reduction, and block-heals given new life. Mages still have the old heal boost, magic defense boost, and that 8% chance to reduce rage cost 20 points. No 20% HP boost or damage reduction.

On that note, however, I must say knights should have more AoE. I'll give you rain of fire in return for enhanced destroyer (or whatever the #2 is called).
      Before patch 6.1 I abandoned my mage because I felt sick of the low hits and low rage regain and felt like it had just as many useless skills as knight (mainly because there was no way to build enough rage to use them at all).
      After patch 6.1...I felt like I want to start playing it again, coz now it's my knight's turn to feel like got no skill to use most of the time (either no rage or still in CD).
      After KH the rage and CD problems are worse. But I guess no one could resist the BR jump and other extras from KH.
      Archers always got everything. Now my archer's basic skill hits at 170% and multishot hits at 120% x 2 = 240% with a 2-second CD plus +10 rage regain.
      But R2 had destroyed my archer due to a glitch on their end, so now I've got no other choice but to play the knight :'(

Comment

Wow, I had no idea they buffed mages that much. Now KH looks even less appealing for mages. How stupid is that?

And knights really did get the short end of the stick this time - I expected this thread to be another "this again?", but the skill buffs are pretty minor by comparison with other classes.

Well, once you reach knighthood, it will reverse, and knights will have an advantage over mages, and a pretty even matchup vs. archers 1-on-1 (maybe a slight advantage even). Just hope they don't decide to "fix" the KH skills like this, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Wow, I had no idea they buffed mages that much. Now KH looks even less appealing for mages. How stupid is that?

And knights really did get the short end of the stick this time - I expected this thread to be another "this again?", but the skill buffs are pretty minor by comparison with other classes.

Well, once you reach knighthood, it will reverse, and knights will have an advantage over mages, and a pretty even matchup vs. archers 1-on-1 (maybe a slight advantage even). Just hope they don't decide to "fix" the KH skills like this, though.
          After KH, Wartune gives us knights no better rage regain than archer, and the rage consumption and skill CD are far much worse than regulars now.
          That was the reason why I'm holding off a bit to avoid becoming a two-basic-skill-and-nothing-else KH knight.
          Both the mage favoritism and the knight hatred have returned.
          The only good thing might have been that everyone needs to turn KH to have high BR.
          Fair? Sensible? Not really. Now I just want all mages to turn KH so they share the B.S. nerfs with us LOL
          As for archers, they always get the long end of the stick so no need to mention them (and I would have been one of them evil KH archers if R2 didn't kill my poor little archer for their own glitch and customer support incompetence) LOL

Comment

Working...
          X