Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Post Grab: How could we stop some greed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many issues with post grab that need to be ironed out. Like why do we have the same teams months later?! It's really unfair to weaker guilds that get ripped off by Wartune's INTENTIONALLY slanted matching who get minimum rewards for months now. There are solutions, but that would make too much sense. Like if you get over a certain number you lose rewards or YOUR ISLAND you get buffs making it harder to take (or keep) posts on your island. Logic and Wartune rarely go together like Dragons and Tanks.

Comment

Bloody Fantastic. Last season was on a 100 crystals a day. This new season yet again on 100 crystals a day for the next 3 months.

Fuc this. r2 u have ruined this game for me.
      Last edited by Freddypainter; 01-11-2017, 10:29 PM.
      DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

On every map,
        there is always 1 team that's significantly stronger than the other 3,
        and that 1 team will guarantee to keep 61 posts
        unless the other team(s) make a deal with that big bully team,
        in which case the big bully will have 41 or more posts and the other team(s) in the deal are allowed to share the remaining posts.

Assuming most teams don't make deals with each other,
        that means, on every map,
        only 1 out of 4 teams gets the 800 daily reward,
        and the other 3 out of 4 teams could only get the 100 minimum daily reward.
        That's a guaranteed reward of 800 x 1 + 100 x 3, or about 25% of the teams can get rewards and the 75% majority would have to live with low rewards.

For the whole 3 months, the grouping will NOT change under any circumstances.
        Now the game system doesn't even permit guild masters to edit the Generals any more.
        So if you got a stronger ally that bailed on you and jumped guild, you'd end up with an empty Generals list that you can't edit at all!
        This is the situation with my both guilds. The Generals list is empty (because the top guys all jumped guild), but we can't add other people to it.

Right now the only guilds (that I know of) having more than 100 crystals per day are:
        1) The big bully on each map.
        2) A team that makes a deal with the big bully to share up to 21 posts (including their own castle).
        3) An even match (extremely rare but it still exists).

Lots people have jumped guild to avoid getting just the minimum rewards.
        But on some servers, every guild is getting only the 100 minimum, so people literally have nowhere to jump other than to create a new guild and start over.
        Some guilds have spawned multiple alt guilds and keep signing up until they get a good match.
        While I don't like guild hoppers and alt guild abusers, their behavior is understandable.
        They are just doing what they could do to circumvent a seriously flawed system and to avoid victimization.

Comment

As a side note, my alt on east coast has a three-person guild.
          For an unknown reason, we got matched against a guild full of active knighted players.
          Right now we can't keep 1 post in post grab and can't get top spot in crystal war.
          We've tried hard to get in touch with the other guild and see if they are willing to split the posts, but right now cross-server friend list is not working. We can't add anyone nor talk to them.
          We are unwilling to join another guild (hate drama).
          But we ran out of gold to create a new guild so we can't escape this situation.
          So right now just have to keep fighting even if we can't win.
          Not for much other reasons than game spirit.
          Even if we can't win the prize and rank, we still need to respect the opponent and fight until the last breath.
          It's the same way we need to respect our allies and do our best.

Comment

I have my own ship (guild) that I put endless months and time into. Just like I do with my units. I am not going anywhere so I take my chances with what's on the grid. It's a d*expletive* move to jump guilds and/or to create a new guild just because we want more rewards; it defeats the purpose of war, especially when everyone's doing it.

What R2/devs should have done is make a routine that checks the cumulative BR of a guild at a daily basis (in the same manner rankings updates) and if their BR is over the average BR of said team assigned, then that guild is reassigned into an appropriate matching map. Say, for instance, your guild is 20 million BR and you're matched with other 20 million BR guilds for your match-up; if your guild becomes 50 million BR, then your guild is removed from the 20 million group and placed into a 50 million BR group, a day later. With that 1 day penalty in place, makes it hard for those to guild jump for easy rewards. As long as a guild is within a range of the average between other guilds and teams on that map, that spot is guaranteed for the duration of the season.
            Last edited by Meikura001; 01-15-2017, 08:42 AM.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

you cant realy blame ppl for making new guilds to get max rewards cuz every 1 is doing this now

the ppl to blame for this situation is the devs for not making it a fair outland matching in the first place

if 1 of them actualy used their brains for once and did fair matching instead of big guilds face small guilds none of this would happen

so every 1 stop moaning about players and guilds getting max rewards complain to r2 and their developers

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                I have my own ship (guild) that I put endless months and time into. Just like I do with my units. I am not going anywhere so I take my chances with what's on the grid. It's a d*expletive* move to jump guilds and/or to create a new guild just because we want more rewards; it defeats the purpose of war, especially when everyone's doing it.

What R2/devs should have done is make a routine that checks the cumulative BR of a guild at a daily basis (in the same manner rankings updates) and if their BR is over the average BR of said team assigned, then that guild is reassigned into an appropriate matching map. Say, for instance, your guild is 20 million BR and you're matched with other 20 million BR guilds for your match-up; if your guild becomes 50 million BR, then your guild is removed from the 20 million group and placed into a 50 million BR group, a day later. With that 1 day penalty in place, makes it hard for those to guild jump for easy rewards. As long as a guild is within a range of the average between other guilds and teams on that map, that spot is guaranteed for the duration of the season.
                I'm not sure how that would work, since you can't exactly guarantee anyone's spots if you need to move some guilds around. Any time you move a guild, a bunch of others are affected, both in the new spot they move to, and the old group they left. It's probably even less fair than the current system.

There is no good solution to this problem as long as they are fixing the teams for 3 full months. No matter what teams they assign, one will dominate for 2 of those months. In extremely rare cases, maybe two strong teams will be evenly matched and continue to duke it out, but the others get completely shut out. People who find themselves shut out have no real reason not to jump guilds beyond a basic guild loyalty, and that's not always strong enough to compensate for losing a lot of rewards daily.

Comment

I can tell you that greed is all over the place if people have to resort to doing stuff like that still. I got a good season, not because of dominance but because of having a good opposition in coming forth, going. I pretty much don't like things handed to me as I like to go forth on it in working for it with combat, strategy, and tactics. Sometimes I am the underdog, sometimes I am a force to be reckoned with, but I try to have fun. Yes, there were times I just didn't touch the Outland stuff because I felt like I was putting forth all the work while other members of my own team take in the spoils. This happened for like 2 weeks in a row (and I know there are many more because of the points that were blessed in the hundreds of thousands each CCW battle). Green team had stepped up onto the plate and both them and my units are always duking it out for fun. Last night was fun because both teams were not only trading blows, but trading 1st between each other at every round, and every minute until the end (we still got 1st, but our points were a bit over 600k to Green's nearly 400k, and only because both sides ran out of energy to keep going at 5 minutes remaining of the battle).

I am hoping this will keep going until the end of the season. My hat's off to the folks of Green and Red (mine) teams.

Comment

Well, looks like this season's going to be a bit of a ruckus. Seems like green team has brought in a few Cliffords and possibly communicated (probably on same server) with the other two teams to thin out my numbers. While the latter I do like because it brings some kind of liveliness to the game, the former is where I frown on when it comes to guild hoppers; especially ones who are really overpowered. Just spoke to the leader of the other guild of my team; seems with both of our guilds we might take them all, but also it seems we both have schedules outside the game that comes first. Tonight's going to be one fun night as I know they used up all their fuel in trying to be first. I am going to be at full tank when it comes as I didn't use very much to get on top.

Comment

Total B.S. Just checked my tiny alt's guild. Total guild BR 1.3 million including myself and a farm helper toon.
                      Got a team full of knighted players with 3 red merged sylphs in Outlands.
                      Got a top guild with nearly 1 billion guild BR in Imperial. Perfect match, isn't it?

Comment

Imperial: Got 5 of us lonesome gunners (2 million and some change BR each) versus 15 players from the opposing guild (a few in the 11-17 million range, the rest in the 3-10 million range). Gave them a run for the money because after 20 minutes we get 200 energy (not much, but okay) and still had our specials intact.

Tonight's CCW was fun. After the scramble run in Post Grab where everyone is helping everyone except us (LOL), we called it right when it comes to fuel reserves. They've used too much in the last CCW battle round that they didn't have much (and I was watching the scores and striking when they hit 110-120k to get the max amount of points. It came in the last 3 minutes when they launched 7 at us with a point spread of nearly 80k. There was a sleeper who dumped 32k points into our team while I torp them with my guys, minute after minute, strike after impending strike, non-stop; as we are raking in the final points. The final point spread was at 40-50k with my team at 1st.

But you know the important aspect of all of this, is that no matter how crafty we get (either team) in getting creative, I still have a good time and wind up on top. However, that fun will end as tonight is my last night that I will be fully active for come Monday, it's down to business in the real world that will take up most of my time. To the other teams and mine, it's been a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          Here it comes another problem. If they are not on the same server as us, not show in any cross-server rankings at all, not show in cross-server places (arena, bg, cs-mpd, etc.), etc., there's no way to get in contact with them.
                          We've been trying to get in contact with the opponents & negotiate the possibility of truce, but because we can't find them in anywhere other than Outlands (they are possibly an alt guild), we can't negotiate it.
                          They should, at a minimum, allow opponents to talk to each other while they are fighting in Post Grab. What could hurt to let enemies talk to each other? That's something we don't get.
                          ok it isn't difficult and may take you a couple days pay attention to who is active on the opposing team, either put out a X server Bullhorn for them to add you or look for them in arenas or BG and them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm15401 View Post
                            ok it isn't difficult and may take you a couple days pay attention to who is active on the opposing team, either put out a X server Bullhorn for them to add you or look for them in arenas or BG and them that way.
                            Some people just don't read or want to talk. Been trying to get with some on the Green team to let them know it was fun battling, and none responded lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm15401 View Post
                              already posted cross-server bullhorns a few times. i even put an online opponent's name in the bullhorn. but they aren't responsive.

Comment

I agree there should be more ways to communicate and post grab needs more work to make it more playable and interesting but really i don't empathize with the crying here..your faction is either going to commit,figure out how to defeat the swarming tactics or lose. Accept it and give up..or fight back. You found an event where your cashing and titans don't matter as much..share the pain..Until a more time liberal version of Post grab(such as Imperial war seems to try to be) comes to life, this is how its gonna play out. The laming strategy of stacking your guild with all top players won't always hold up there. Face it, embrace it..and be kind to your newbs who show up to help out and can finally actually make a difference, just like they could in guild battles by bogging down the top dawgs and warping through lag tunnels... that was so cool lol. My lack of empathy is not from always being on the winning team in case you wondered..for the last 2-3 season I've been in a faction that cant even break out of the maincastle longer than half a day..before that we had a gm who was brilliant enough to lead us to victory even when we had less players and all weaker than the enemy..because gm knew how to psyche them out and play on their assumptions...my faction has always recently been totally suppressed under a different gm. Participation is the key element(yes i hate the narrow window of battle too and would prefer an all out warfare system in this game even if it had special timed moments to help control the tides of battle)...and a guild master who takes it seriously, has time or abdicates for someone who does(which would suck conceptually that one might have to do this or ignore post grab)..which is actually one of my few main complaints about pg..its too much heavy burden on gm. They should have made it so a gm can choose a war chief to lead post grab and also declare war at least once a day in their stead. As to fighting against a tyranny..best way to do it is to prevent one, dont let them gain that kind of momentum..most players freed off of winning streaks and crumble from too many humiliating losses..the same reason most times the top guilds stack up because most everyone wants to be instantly associated with the "WINNING" team most don't like to actually work to BUILD the wining team. So..demoralize them by always fighting back no matter the odds and declare war at inconvenient times such as when their fighting another faction already or a wb boss is coming..(that wa fuhny how factions will abandon their advatagous war becuase its dragging on toward world boss time lol FOH(but i dont blame them really ..no devo in post grab)...and try to join other factions battles against them when possible if yours is not showing up. Diplomacy communication through action..eventually the other factions might realize yours is helping them whenever they fight the big empire, and they may return the favor. I've come up with some pretty nasty tricks to exploit the flawed buggy post grab system..you got at least 1 alt and 3-4 four decent players you can cause alot of frustration against the typical size(active) factions that I've fought. Being bloodthirsty and fighting every time you catch an enemy sleeping isn't always going to win the war. You have to outmaneuver the enemy too.PG may be mostly absurd but THAT problem at least is realistic for warfare. Using alt has its handicaps by the way..such as both toons getting entirely kicked out of the battle due to some bug when one of them loses a fight. really painful experience when it happens near the close of a battle and cant get back in. Sometimes brawn isn't enough you have to use strategy and planning try learning from these tricky and tenacious players.
                                Last edited by R27377783; 02-10-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X