Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Gem master event should come BEFORE gem synth event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gem master event should come BEFORE gem synth event

I'd like to see the gem master event restored to apply to level 5 gems. I can't really imagine many sensible people holding on to 10 lvl 6 gems(and I for one ONLY synth lvl 6+ gems during the synthesizer event to maximize my free gem attempts and hot event reward income) when the Gem synthesizing event is taking place at the same time, those that do are probably going to be tempted to hold on to all their gems till last moments of the synthesizer event losing potential free gems and also risking to miss out altogether if they get too busy and fail to synth on the last day. Which also means I should suggest regardless of level of gem, the gem master event should take place before or after the gem crafting event, not concurrently.

The only other way it makes sense to actively work the gem master event is if you have no problem with wasting gems that could be used for future gem synth events...or if instead we only take advantage of gem master after already accumulated a bunch of lvl 11 gems,then synth those on the first day of synth event and work your way synthesizing down the gem levels from there..in either case this gem master event should really be designed for crafting level 12 gems the only kind of gem that it doesn't matter if you decide to hoard during gem synthesizing event.

I guess alternatively it would be good if the gem master event was more like consumption events, meaning: the game remembers how many of the lvl type gems the player has owned in their inventory or socket during the time of the event and credits for it it regardless if they have already used it to synthesize another gem.
    Last edited by R27377783; 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM.

Well my plan for the Gem Master event is to craft the 11's first and stock up on them, then the 10s and put them someplace, and repeat until I have 10 of each: 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6. It will be some time but can be done. I get what you are saying about such and to be honest, they should bring back the unlimited rewards as I don't like doing "onesies" a day to get s*expletive* rewards. Whoever thought it was cool to remove unlimited, I got the thickest, most hard-backed phone book to be used upside your head.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Gem Master is a once-per-event reward. What difference would it make if you scheduled it earlier? Collect on the first day if you think it should come first, collect on the last day if you would rather it come after.

And the Gem Master rewards don't compare to 3 days of gem synth, so really, only level 6 and level 11 makes sense to try and collect. I always synth whatever I can that will give rewards, since it's a lot more than you get from just having 10 of whatever level. Saving up just means giving up rewards now for lesser rewards later.

Comment

^^this comment right here ^^

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Gem Master is a once-per-event reward. What difference would it make if you scheduled it earlier? Collect on the first day if you think it should come first, collect on the last day if you would rather it come after.

And the Gem Master rewards don't compare to 3 days of gem synth, so really, only level 6 and level 11 makes sense to try and collect. I always synth whatever I can that will give rewards, since it's a lot more than you get from just having 10 of whatever level. Saving up just means giving up rewards now for lesser rewards later.

Its like you missed my point so much that you reiterated it while yet objecting to it.
          ...I suppose your right though in a way if for some reason we assume players already have enough gems in the begginning to claim gem master rewards, the timing doesn't matter because the bottom line is if your not wastecrafting you wont really be earning for the gem master event until you've missed quite a few of them,no matter when it occurs. So its actually best for it to occur during the synth event since its a time we're more likely to craft gems and have some extras or be tempted to wastecraft.The core of the problem is that we cant claim in gem master for the ones we're using to craft after we kill them to make higher level ones. Naturally the progress of gems in or out of gear is to get them to lvl 12. Which is the one gem we get no reward or freebie from gem synthesizer.

The only peons who can participate in gem master without missing any of them are are the ones who are willing to wastecraft or hoard lvl 11 gems instead of upgrading them to 12s. Thrifty players won't begin to see a surplus of any gems of any level than 12, until day 3 of synth event. For a logical example its best to assume a player that has no gems higher than level 5 on day 1 of the events. [If we assume a player using level 11 gems to start we may as well also assume that player has already wastecrafted and or missed many gem master events in their past] No matter how many lvl 5 gems the newby has they cant profit from gem master unless their wastecrafting extra gems.

Yes its a once per event reward making the timing a bit irrelevant but from what I can tell gem master requires you to possess the gems simultaneously. So it doesn't help me even if I happened to craft 10 level 6 gems over 5 days for the synth event If I also used these to make lvl 7s those same days.

I pointed out the automatic conundrum having the events at the same time creates since gem master doesn't acknowledge already consumed gems, but in a way your right, really the timing isn't the problem. The problem is that gem master is not a consumption friendly event and only makes sense for non wastecrafters, if as Meikura reminded us,the gem synthesizer rewards were not limited to once per day.
          Last edited by R27377783; 12-09-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
            I pointed out the automatic conundrum having the events at the same time creates since gem master doesn't acknowledge already consumed gems, but in a way your right, really the timing isn't the problem. The problem is that gem master is not a consumption friendly event and only makes sense for non wastecrafters, if as Meikura reminded us,the gem synthesizer rewards were not limited to once per day.
            I can agree with that, virtually no one will be collecting the level 7-10 rewards in gem master, because it's simply not worth it to try for those. Back when they had unlimited matching, you could easily hit all levels at least some of the time, but now you would have to save up lower level gems, which means skipping the daily rewards for making the higher level ones, and that's just a total waste.

They might as well get rid of gem master events entirely and just improve the gem synth rewards a little. Everyone would be better off with just 1 extra event item per level, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
              I can agree with that, virtually no one will be collecting the level 7-10 rewards in gem master, because it's simply not worth it to try for those. Back when they had unlimited matching, you could easily hit all levels at least some of the time, but now you would have to save up lower level gems, which means skipping the daily rewards for making the higher level ones, and that's just a total waste.

They might as well get rid of gem master events entirely and just improve the gem synth rewards a little. Everyone would be better off with just 1 extra event item per level, I think.
              yeh I agree with you there. gem master is obviously a throw back event from an earlier bygone time, that really doesn't have much use in the limited reward event, gem synthesizer. If its going to exist it should be more of a reward for hoarding lvl 5, lvl 11, and 12 gems during the off times when there is no gem synth event happening or whenever. I say lvl 5 because its the gem I try to hoard while waiting for synth event to happen, so if I'm on good behavior I could wind up with alot of them while waiting.
              Last edited by R27377783; 12-09-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Hm do you guys even manage to prepare for this event now without skipping? As far as i remember when was active player (and more still camping) could go for full rewards even when starting with lvl 6 but that was before they cut short main gem income event at least for me -unlimited res crystal synthesis(not to mention changing jewel hunt minigame from being daily feature). There was some kind of a gap between gem events that just couldnt fill in more than before and i skip it 1 or even 2 times with the purpose of doing the next one i can - just stacking what i could get as gems and (1-5)/(3-5) gem packs and calculating the possible outcomes. Problem was not so in the removing of unlimited gem gains and even later on moving to lvl 6 as first step but in the considerable reducing of hoarded materials from resistance crystal synth cause wasnt possible to reach top rewards there. Even when i started leveling from 50 to 80's and using catacombs as gem source just couldnt catch up to benefit reasonably with this event in particular. Sometimes after the changes was even forced to do otherwise unthinkable things..like breaking gem formation from char gear and using the gems to synth just to get event chests that i needed neglecting gem master rewards.

Comment

Working...
                X