No announcement yet.

Questions on block knight at level 45.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on block knight at level 45.

Definition: Block knights are knights who put their gemslots with block.

Hi I got the following questions for tanks and block knights.

1. What is the minimum amount of block needed to achieve more than 60% dodges. Currently I have 1100 blocks, must the activation rate for block is still low, maybe 1 in 5 hits?

2. For those tankers and blockers, what is the min pdef mdef hp and blocks to survive dungeons, etc. I was thinking of pdef 7500, mdef 5000, hp 25000 for end game. What is your opinion?
    End game varies from person to person, by my pov, I am thinking of lvl 50s to 60s as endgame.

All these questions are made with the asumption of lvl 45 pvp set and lvl 40 catacomb ring n jewel set.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

1100 block i think i still low. I having block of 1500 and some knight have block of 1900. From what i understand is 3% per 100 block points. So 1k block will give u roughly 30% chance for dodge from block. They already fix the block bug, so is much better to equip one. Previously it cannot block attack from archer critical.

Comment

So, It is best to have about maybe 2000 block?

Comment

If you dont have 2K block your block is useless.
        Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
        Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
        Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Viruz View Post
          If you dont have 2K block your block is useless.
          not really i got 1k+ block and it is still pain in the arse for opponents just sayin =)
          ....Black Rock Shooter where have you been....hopelessly...aimlessly....wandering to a vast future of uncertainty...

IGN: Teresaâ„¢ - of the faint smile -
          Class: arse kick'in damage suckin knighty!!
          server: 8 the promise land lol

Comment

Refine all your pvp gear 45 with blocks + endurance/HP.

With at least a 2k block, you will definitely see an increased improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
              Definition: Block knights are knights who put their gemslots with block.

Hi I got the following questions for tanks and block knights.

1. What is the minimum amount of block needed to achieve more than 60% dodges. Currently I have 1100 blocks, must the activation rate for block is still low, maybe 1 in 5 hits?
              The gems does not influence the dodge rate. The only thing that influences the Dodge Rate is the Astral called Illusion or Enhanced Illusion.

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
              2. For those tankers and blockers, what is the min pdef mdef hp and blocks to survive dungeons, etc. I was thinking of pdef 7500, mdef 5000, hp 25000 for end game. What is your opinion?
              End game varies from person to person, by my pov, I am thinking of lvl 50s to 60s as endgame.
              Once you have maximum enchanted all your equipment / increased your guild skills to lvl 4 or 5 and leveled your astrals to lvl 4 or 5 Dungeons will not be such a pain anymore. If you are referring to MP dungeons, then I let you know that Solo is a pain even so.

Feel free to join

Comment

Originally posted by TheAngelito View Post
                The gems does not influence the dodge rate. The only thing that influences the Dodge Rate is the Astral called Illusion or Enhanced Illusion.

Once you have maximum enchanted all your equipment / increased your guild skills to lvl 4 or 5 and leveled your astrals to lvl 4 or 5 Dungeons will not be such a pain anymore. If you are referring to MP dungeons, then I let you know that Solo is a pain even so.
                I can honestly say that this information is wrong. At least the information about the gems not having any effect on the dodge rate. It has been found and calculated out even among the Asian servers from 7Road that roughly 100 block improves your chance for a successful block aka a dodge by roughly 2-3%. I can attest to this having done some tests myself using my Enshieldment astral and my block gems. With them all equipped I have a grand total of a low 1519 and have a fairly high dodge rate without an Illusion astral, from my astrals and gems alone i gain 1048 points in block, so if I were to unequip them I have below 500 block. Believe me when I say the block stat does indeed have a direct effect on one's dodge activation, you need not have an illusion astral to increase the likelihood to dodge. Trust me friend, I've done my homework lol.
                Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

either way dodge and block are different so why the hell were they merged into the same thing, yet are completely different!?

it only made the knights stronger!

block = 1 block astral, block stat, block gems, some equipment give block
                  dodge = 1 dodge astral, cant get from anywhere else

but now they both work together ***!?

Comment

Why is this so hard for people to understand? This game is ported from Chinese version, and like most such games developers couldn't be bothered to find someone who's fluent in both languages to translate all the terms, and obviously bublefish translator only goes so far.

Dodge Astral gives a chance to Dodge. Dodge = no damage taken (this game doesn't allow for such thing, so all damage is reduced to 1)

Block ("my no speka englisha... block maens dodge ok?!") which due to bad translation shows up as dodge when it triggers in a fight, can be imporved via gear, gems and block astral. Block = you block a % of damage (supposedly 30-70%) it's unclear if Block stat increases % of damage blocked (leaning towards no) it improves chance to Block by a some unknown %. 3% per 100 block stat seems too high (going by how often I seem to block) there are also, most likely, diminishing returns, meaning at a high enough value.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                      Why is this so hard for people to understand? This game is ported from Chinese version, and like most such games developers couldn't be bothered to find someone who's fluent in both languages to translate all the terms, and obviously bublefish translator only goes so far.

Dodge Astral gives a chance to Dodge. Dodge = no damage taken (this game doesn't allow for such thing, so all damage is reduced to 1)

Block ("my no speka englisha... block maens dodge ok?!") which due to bad translation shows up as dodge when it triggers in a fight, can be imporved via gear, gems and block astral. Block = you block a % of damage (supposedly 30-70%) it's unclear if Block stat increases % of damage blocked (leaning towards no) it improves chance to Block by a some unknown %. 3% per 100 block stat seems too high (going by how often I seem to block) there are also, most likely, diminishing returns, meaning at a high enough value.
                      i guess you havent been here that long huh

couple of maint ago when anyone blocked the word 'block' ( -30% damage) appeared when it triggered but a few noob players were complaining about the knights passive heal that it wasnt working properly..

so when the fix update/patch came the word block was replaced by the word dodge for some strange reason so that when a knight heals he now heals if he blocks or he dodges which is really broken because blocking can go over 60% trigger rate but the real dodge from astral has a max trigger rate of 20% so now you have OP knights walking around healing nearly every turn which is functioning like armor, as well as triggerinig with block which also is reducing damage further by 30% combined together its OP b/c of the higher trigger rate of block from stats, astrals, gems, and anything else

the stupid passive is supposed to work with dodge (lower chance to activate) not block (higher chance to activate) & it looks like r2 cut corners by making the knights passive skill work WITH block AND with dodge.. which shouldnt be happening

since then it has been this way but before no word dodge appeared at all.. just the 1 damage would appear if you dodged

Comment

I don't think knight's heal should trigger from the real dodge (where you take 1 damage) but it should trigger from block (where you reduce damage) After all makes no sense for it to trigger from dodge that you can't even get unless you have an astral for it. But I guess you are right that they cut corners and now the heal from block procs on both, block and dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                          I don't think knight's heal should trigger from the real dodge (where you take 1 damage) but it should trigger from block (where you reduce damage) After all makes no sense for it to trigger from dodge that you can't even get unless you have an astral for it. But I guess you are right that they cut corners and now the heal from block procs on both, block and dodge.
                          thank you, yes it was buffed but think it should be 50% chance to work since now theres a chance for it to work with two 'skills'

you do 2k damage to a knight, -30% damage = 1,400 damage, knight heals 1k+ health final damage zero to 400

you do 3k damage to a knight, -30% damage = 2,100 damage, knight heals 1k+ health final damage 600 to 1,100

you do 4k damage to a knight, -30% damage = 2,800 damage, knight heals 1k+ health final damage 1400 to 1800

Bad thing is block can happen so much so when this passive skill works all the time its bad news for anyone

Comment

1800 blocking is good i feel , maybe 3 hits once or two hits once.

I feel 3600 will block almost all.

Comment

Just wanted to ask those knights with 2000+ blocks, does it help in the survivability of the later dungeons, like after lvl 50+ and catacombs too? I am trying to aim 2000 blocks, 6000 mdef and 7500 mdef at lvl 55,since the lvl 55 set is out, there is more incentive to level now.

Comment

Working...
                              X