Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Questions on block knight at level 45.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
    Why is this so hard for people to understand? This game is ported from Chinese version, and like most such games developers couldn't be bothered to find someone who's fluent in both languages to translate all the terms, and obviously bublefish translator only goes so far.

Dodge Astral gives a chance to Dodge. Dodge = no damage taken (this game doesn't allow for such thing, so all damage is reduced to 1)

Block ("my no speka englisha... block maens dodge ok?!") which due to bad translation shows up as dodge when it triggers in a fight, can be imporved via gear, gems and block astral. Block = you block a % of damage (supposedly 30-70%) it's unclear if Block stat increases % of damage blocked (leaning towards no) it improves chance to Block by a some unknown %. 3% per 100 block stat seems too high (going by how often I seem to block) there are also, most likely, diminishing returns, meaning at a high enough value.
    So many positives here. Funny, educational, and I believe accurate! Well done.

Comment

1800 dodge once in a GAME!!

Comment

dodge once in 1 hit ?
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

dodge = reduce damage receive to 1. can gain from astral only. work for all classes. Yellow astral give 2% per level. Purple astral give 1% per level.

block = reduce damage to certain percentage and regain 4% of max hp. The damage receive will never be reduce to 1. (Only knight can gain hp). block stats can be improve from astral, gems, refine.

both can classify as dodge or block, just have different effects.

hope my statement is correct.

Comment

I'm guessing that the 2%/3% per 100 is an approximation as I suspect the formula is more of a diminishing returns type. Some CHNs have 9k+ block. That would be 200%-300% block.

Comment

Originally posted by SirCyrus View Post
              I can honestly say that this information is wrong. At least the information about the gems not having any effect on the dodge rate. It has been found and calculated out even among the Asian servers from 7Road that roughly 100 block improves your chance for a successful block aka a dodge by roughly 2-3%. I can attest to this having done some tests myself using my Enshieldment astral and my block gems. With them all equipped I have a grand total of a low 1519 and have a fairly high dodge rate without an Illusion astral, from my astrals and gems alone i gain 1048 points in block, so if I were to unequip them I have below 500 block. Believe me when I say the block stat does indeed have a direct effect on one's dodge activation, you need not have an illusion astral to increase the likelihood to dodge. Trust me friend, I've done my homework lol.
              lol dont correct the mod unless you know better dodge and block are different dodge=negates all incoming damage only take 1damage.block is a chance to reduce incoming damage and also a chance to restore hp for knights.my build might not be that great but this is what i plan for 60 im 59 atm atm im:
              Ptak:11118
              Pdef:10058
              Mdef:7600+not 7700 lvl 4mdef astro
              34khp
              1.1kblock
              astros:4 force,4block,4mdef,4purple pdef and 5 will destroyer.almost all level 5 gems fully socketed but only 2hp gems for now,after seeing that block does 4% restore+20% from heals from our passive and also reduce damage about 30% i said to myself....self flat def isnt the way to go anymore this is becoming a % game.losing around 2k of my pdef or so and gaining maybe 6khp and some block will be wayyyyy better considering im taking 30%less when i block so thats my goal and worrrrssssttt that talents coming and we have a reduce damage talents lol,however im not a tank so i dont have tencity yet so il rely on talent.what i have planed for my next level is.
              Ptak:12000
              Pdef:8500
              Mdef:8000
              40khp
              2k block(which i can get np so far both my level 60 trinkets have 100+block on them and buying lvl 5 block transporter)
              Astros:5ptak,5block,5mdef,5dodge,5reduce damage% 6will destroyer.so with that 2kblock and 10dodge i get about what 70% chance of something happening where i gain some hp and get 30%less damage or take 1 damage...comeon guys its a knights game now we just have to take advantage XDD
              IGN:Vanguard

Level:scion 5*

Class/Build:AM hybrid ranger

Fantasia

Server:S65 evil beast sanctuary

You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.

only for the ladies

Comment

You guys are just ignorant.

I am telling you:

In current version, 1000 block=10% block chance. 1000 critical =10% critical chance.

Even your character has 0 block, it still has 5% initial block chance. So, if there is a 1000 block, you finally got 15% block chance.

Check out my other post because the block rate and critical rate will be sharply changed in patch 1.5

Also, when block rate increase, the amount of dmg reduction will also increase. I am also telling you the upper limit is 70% reduction.

Don't ask me how I know that. You don't have to listen to me and you are not worth to give any proof to as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rorolfgame View Post

I am telling you:

In current version, 1000 block=10% block chance. 1000 critical =10% critical chance.

Even your character has 0 block, it still has 5% initial block chance. So, if there is a 1000 block, you finally got 15% block chance.

Check out my other post because the block rate and critical rate will be sharply changed in patch 1.5

Also, when block rate increase, the amount of dmg reduction will also increase. I am also telling you the upper limit is 70% reduction.

Don't ask me how I know that. You don't have to listen to me and you are not worth to give any proof to as well.
                  theres only 1 problem in your "telling".. this aint 1.5 patch yet.. and these guys are talking about the patch 1.45

peace out

Comment

I am telling you:

lol 1000block=10%?lol nah man ive played this game since day 1 and test this out come on s1 shirokane 2.2kblock lvl 6 dodge astro gets back hp everrrrryturn hes annoying to fight as hell u do around 3-4kdamage and he heals himself for 2k and he has 13kptak so its bad lol
                    IGN:Vanguard

Level:scion 5*

Class/Build:AM hybrid ranger

Fantasia

Server:S65 evil beast sanctuary

You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.

only for the ladies

Comment

Not a good way to start a post.

I am telling you:

After conferring with some more astute players, virtually all of them have rejected this. I block far more than 10% after adjusting my block stat.

[QUOTE=rorolfgame;315805]Even your character has 0 block, it still has 5% initial block chance. So, if there is a 1000 block, you finally got 15% block chance.

I've heard of the 5% base chance but because of the previous response and own empirical evidence, no.

Heard of this as well but apparently this nerf is geared to cap the heal amount based off the enhanced heal.

I can believe this -- but because of the other issues with this referred post, cannot say I believe this either.

Okay. We won't listen. =)

Comment

Working...
                      X