Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Road to Glory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Road to Glory

    Discussion of Road to Glory.

    Things I've noticed:

    There are at least 3 types of buffs. "Immediate", "next battle" and "this round".

    "Immediate" buffs seem to be for healing you (immediately, obviously).

    "Next battle" buffs seem to be to lower the enemies hp for the next fight, or to eliminate the Eudaemon for the next fight.

    The last type of buff "this round" adds stats. These buffs accumulate over the course of the day. If you get a +10% PATK/MATK buff after round 2, that buff stays for the rest of the day. If you get a +20% PATK/MATK buff from after round 4, then it stacks with your +10% buff for a total of +30%. Again, this stays for the rest of the day.

    Do not hold out on buying buffs. 10% ATK costs 10 stars. 40% ATK costs 40 stars. There is no (immediate) benefit to saving for the higher numbers. If you can hold off past the 2nd or 3rd buff buying round while still clearing NM, it could be advantageous. Still testing.

    Enemies seem to vary from round to round. They are not always necessarily more difficult that the previous enemy.

    The enemies are based on the character being played. There is a vast difference between the enemies my 17m BR main fights than the enemies my 7m BR alt fights.

    The difficulty ramps up significantly from round 1 to round 2. I think that the difficulty chosen influences the difficulty of the next battle.

    Clearing past stage 6 does not guarantee that you will get to blitz next time. I think you have to clear to stage 6 on NM in order to blitz to stage 4 on the next day. But I'm still not clear on this part.
    Last edited by R224070026; 12-03-2016, 11:33 AM.
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

    S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

  • #2
    It seems that the goal, if you cannot clear 15 levels of nightmare on day 1, is to advance at least 1 more stage whenever possible.
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

    S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

    Comment


    • #3
      Suggestion:

      One free revive for the first character death. 500 unbound Balens for the first revive (for any revive really) is absurd. That will force some players to play much more conservatively, rather than pushing for a new highest NM clear.
      Last edited by R224070026; 12-04-2016, 10:28 AM.
      S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
      1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
      EpicFail/Gemini

      S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
      Lukoi

      Comment


      • #4
        So, I've got more of the system figured out.

        My main cleared all 15 stages on Nightmare and was able to blitz through chapter 12. I had to manually fight 13, 14, and 15 again. My points increased slightly from the previous day, and even though the formula shows my daily max went from 1500 to 2500 points, I was only able to obtain the 1200 points reward.

        My alt cleared stage 7, and blitzed to stage 4. This time, I was only able to kill stage 5 and 6 on NM, so I am hoping to still blitz today to stage 4, instead of being pushed back to stage 3.

        The difficulty curve is far too steep for lesser geared characters. On stage 6 my poor alt was already facing characters that were nearly as strong as she was. So, NM was too much.
        S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
        1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
        EpicFail/Gemini

        S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
        Lukoi

        Comment


        • #5
          And somehow this will remind me of Shadowbound's little shindig where the opponents you faced were supposed to be based around your BR (low to high end) that sometimes it gets mismatched because of the level/merc tier differences. I just hope not as that feature gotten bored really fast on there.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, my poor little alt got started back from stage 1 today. Even though I did nightmare to stage 7. Either the event is still a little glitchy, or there's something else we don't know.

            The main blitzed to 12 again. My points now are 1398. So, they're going up, just not as fast as it should. It's pretty dumb that the points don't just stay and add up every day.
            S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
            1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
            EpicFail/Gemini

            S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
            Lukoi

            Comment


            • #7
              First day of patch, I dove my team to tackle the Road to Glory. Tried Normal since I want to get a feel for it. Four units cleared all 15, one only cleared to 14 (only because I forgot to revive the Eud on 14 that took most of my unit's hp; he survived though, LOL). I am going to see for myself if the points (as a precaution, I spent my clearance ones to get the rewards while leaving the glory points alone) accumulate. Although, I do feel that the price for the whips is kind of steep at 60 each; should be like around 10-20 in my opinion. Also, I had noticed that the clearance rewards are the same 10 whip 200 glory points for each clearance point milestone; it should be higher with each accomplishment or people are not going to participate very much into it, no matter if the points do not expire, per se.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                First day of patch, I dove my team to tackle the Road to Glory. Tried Normal since I want to get a feel for it. Four units cleared all 15, one only cleared to 14 (only because I forgot to revive the Eud on 14 that took most of my unit's hp; he survived though, LOL). I am going to see for myself if the points (as a precaution, I spent my clearance ones to get the rewards while leaving the glory points alone) accumulate. Although, I do feel that the price for the whips is kind of steep at 60 each; should be like around 10-20 in my opinion. Also, I had noticed that the clearance rewards are the same 10 whip 200 glory points for each clearance point milestone; it should be higher with each accomplishment or people are not going to participate very much into it, no matter if the points do not expire, per se.
                Points do not accumulate, per se. You do get more points each day, but after 8 days so far, my main hasn't even hit 2000 points. That's clearing all 15 stages on NM since day 3.
                S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                EpicFail/Gemini

                S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                Lukoi

                Comment


                • #9
                  WHY WOULD THEY MAKE THE REWARDS ON THIS GAME SO CRAPPY??

                  this is onew of the better changes to the game…it is enjoyable to play but the items for purchase need to be reconsidered.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gibsondion View Post
                    WHY WOULD THEY MAKE THE REWARDS ON THIS GAME SO CRAPPY??

                    this is onew of the better changes to the game…it is enjoyable to play but the items for purchase need to be reconsidered.
                    Agreed, the only worthwhile thing to buy is the star dust right now, and when you don't need that any more, everything else is way overpriced. The items are useful, you just can't buy enough of them to really matter.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Points do not accumulate, per se. You do get more points each day, but after 8 days so far, my main hasn't even hit 2000 points. That's clearing all 15 stages on NM since day 3.
                      Yep, I just went on second day for this. My easy score of 350 was 35 today. I think they were meaning to reduce the score by 10% (90% retained), not give it 10% (90% reduction), otherwise it would not serve any purpose to attain higher clearance point milestones no matter if we do all nightmare battles to get the highest scores from them.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                        Yep, I just went on second day for this. My easy score of 350 was 35 today. I think they were meaning to reduce the score by 10% (90% retained), not give it 10% (90% reduction), otherwise it would not serve any purpose to attain higher clearance point milestones no matter if we do all nightmare battles to get the highest scores from them.
                        My points have gone up every day. Even my little alt who can only NM to 5 or 6, and does easy the rest of the way to 15. It just goes much slower doing that. I think my little one is around 600 points now.

                        You get 10% of your last best score, plus your score from today. I agree that it's an absurd point system, but it is still possible to continue to gain points. Unless you skip days, I don't know for sure how bad it could be.

                        Track your score for a few days and see if it goes up every day. And report back here, please.
                        Last edited by R224070026; 12-09-2016, 01:13 PM.
                        S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                        1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                        EpicFail/Gemini

                        S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                        Lukoi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's mainly for s*expletive*s and giggles as it gives me something to do with my team on a daily basis. So we will see within a week on how it goes.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOL… I JUST FOUGHT to stage 9 and defeated the opponent with a quarter of my life in tact (or so i thought)…somehow after killing the enemy an invisible entity was hovering over my lifeless opponent's body and firing shots (looked like white fireballs) at my character for two rounds until it killed my character… so both of our characters are dead on the floor and the game determines that i failed….

                            lol…WARTUNE YOU ST**K FACE CHEATERS…LOL….I CALL A JUDGEMENT ON YOUR GLITCHY UNDERMINING HEADS…LOL…NO I WILL NOT BE REVIVING FROM A CHEAT.
                            Last edited by gibsondion; 12-10-2016, 05:27 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gibsondion View Post
                              LOL… I JUST FOUGHT to stage 9 and defeated the opponent with a quarter of my life in tact (or so i thought)…somehow after killing the enemy an invisible entity was hovering over my lifeless opponent's body and firing shots (looked like white fireballs) at my character for two rounds until it killed my character… so both of our characters are dead on the floor and the game determines that i failed….

                              lol…WARTUNE YOU ST**K FACE CHEATERS…LOL….I CALL A JUDGEMENT ON YOUR GLITCHY UNDERMINING HEADS…LOL…NO I WILL NOT BE REVIVING FROM A CHEAT.
                              That sucks. Did you post in Bug Reports?
                              S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                              1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                              EpicFail/Gemini

                              S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                              Lukoi

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X