competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• competition

Hey guys I dont mean to be negative. However Atho solo arena needed updating the fact is you have taken away competition ...I came to play check the top ten in arena and
    fight them and build my char based on the strengths of the biggest in there. everyday you could see the top people infront of you and build to beat them .
    there is also some degree of pride making it to the top ten in your server in solo arena because you see you beat 8th and all see you beat 8th . this new systenm takes away from any
    real competition in the server. this isnt good and i wont spend to build br if its meaningless. and yes ive spent allot to be competitive . anyone else?

Sounds like you've wasted a lot of money then. Solo arena was/is stupid (for any game). That's why no serious competitive PvP games use 1v1 as a metric. If you want to be "competitive", work on topping the weekly arena charts.

Also, BR is easily inflatable, and over-inflated in this game. If your entire goal lies in that number, that doesn't even sound like fun.
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

Comment

yes i realize this hense why my lower br was crashing higher however 1v1 on a table of top 10 is good competition. and ive been here since the beginning or shortly after 4 years .
      i think allot of us have wasted allot of money then your response is ridiculous because br or strength or building is the goal for all...if being strong isnt your goal then you must
      be here just for the social aspect . My point is clear if your not strong enough to do 1v1 then your opinion isnt needed ty

Comment

Let me make another point .....mr r224 i am rank 35 cross server in my cross server group ....lets say br and thats the only measure was taken out maybe 25 could actually beat me
        because of ** br....if 1v1 or being no 1 isnt a goal o master splinter then why when you sign in there are folks who have earned there way to the top of that server there? why are there
        rankings at all...? answer is simple if we are talking stupid here this is a no brainer....competition will always be the reason anyone would spend money. if there is no real competition
        then there is no money. period . im saying replacing arena with this new gimmick seems senseless . it removes all ability for a lower br to gauge his toon against bloated br or good br
        to coninue reaching to be one of the folks on the front page of the server ....stupid? lol ya i can see how stupid that is .
        Last edited by BaronVonTeabag; 12-09-2016, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaronVonTeabag View Post
          yes i realize this hense why my lower br was crashing higher however 1v1 on a table of top 10 is good competition. and ive been here since the beginning or shortly after 4 years .
          i think allot of us have wasted allot of money then your response is ridiculous because br or strength or building is the goal for all...if being strong isnt your goal then you must
          be here just for the social aspect . My point is clear if your not strong enough to do 1v1 then your opinion isnt needed ty
          My point was that I don't spend to increase my BR compared to others. I want to be stronger than I was the day before (and because I like critting in DI for 500m+).

1v1 (in this game in particular) is a terrible metric, for 2 reasons. 1st, the player always goes first (against a computer opponent). 2nd, the computer opponent is stupid.

So, go ahead and think that being top 10 means anything. Since it does in your world, I was consistently 4th to 6th. So, I guess that means I'm better than you, at least.

Let me make another point .....mr r224 i am rank 35 cross server in my cross server group ....lets say br and thats the only measure was taken out maybe 25 could actually beat me
          because of ** br....if 1v1 or being no 1 isnt a goal o master splinter then why when you sign in there are folks who have earned there way to the top of that server there? why are there
          rankings at all...? answer is simple if we are talking stupid here this is a no brainer....competition will always be the reason anyone would spend money. if there is no real competition
          then there is no money. period . im saying replacing arena with this new gimmick seems senseless . it removes all ability for a lower br to gauge his toon against bloated br or good br
          to coninue reaching to be one of the folks on the front page of the server ....stupid? lol ya i can see how stupid that is .
          Cross-server, my BR puts me in the top 40 or 50.

Your counter-argument is precisely as well worded and coherent as expected from a guy named "Teabag". Cheers mate.

Being #1 is a terrible goal, because being #1 is based almost entirely on amount of money spent. I have nearly 0% chance of being #1 unless I win the lottery.
          Last edited by R224070026; 12-09-2016, 07:15 AM.
          EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

you keep mentioning br "mate" i never mentioned br as being my goal ....competition is. your argument is meaningless as i said from the start i feel as tho removing arena solo was a mistake being i like to look at
            who is where in battling to break into the top ten. now the only point you made that even related to what i was speaking about is the fact you fight the computer or the automated system.
            however i did not have high enough br points to be in the top ten however i built my toon to be stronger than many in the top ten . hense why i was able to beat some one gain the top ten title and the drivel you just spoke
            is meaningless to me. I can beat the ones i beat in strait 1v1 battle with out the automated system running their toon as well. its again not about br numbers its about how strong you have built your toon and the pride in the competition o master splinter lmao

Im positive there are others aswell who feel the same if you dont then please by all means splinter ....stop replying because im looking for others who may feel the same. this obviously isnt you. ty sir or "mate"
            one more point you made for me.....your comment that your better than me signifies competition so being better than some one else is the point and btw i highly doubt it lmao!
            Last edited by BaronVonTeabag; 12-09-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Oh quit your crying. So you spent money, big deal. They should get a title out for that. BR or not, the only competition is given on this new thing are characters that is around your HP value (going to confirm today if that's the case as the players given to my team are different than the ones given to my wife's team). I don't spend and I still build mine with each opportunity (as it is a luxury now for me to play given that I have a family to tend to) to get stronger.

Bottom line, if you are striving to be top dog in the spending department (doubt it that free based players will get those coveted spots unless ProCity/7Road comes up with something to separate the masses into groups), the devs removed any form of competition/strategy, then good luck. There are always duels in cloud city and that one weekly PVP event.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

rotflmfao.....again it wasnt about money they dd away with a 1v1 platform i enjoyed it. i built my toon around beating the one above me in the ranks it was a simple post asking if anyone else also liked it
                you online tough guys like to make comments like "stupid " and quit crying....how about this....dont reply if it doesnt pertain to you if you didnt and dont miss the 1v1 platform with a top ten table then hey no big deal
                but please dont come shoot your mouth off to look tough and make yourself feel important as i promise in person you wouldnt dare. lets try to keep it civil or dont comment . ty

Comment

rotflmfao.....again it wasnt about money they dd away with a 1v1 platform i enjoyed it. i built my toon around beating the one above me in the ranks it was a simple post asking if anyone else also liked it
                  you online tough guys like to make comments like "stupid " and quit crying....how about this....dont reply if it doesnt pertain to you if you didnt and dont miss the 1v1 platform with a top ten table then hey no big deal
                  but please dont come shoot your mouth off to look tough and make yourself feel important as i promise in person you wouldnt dare. lets try to keep it civil or dont comment . ty
                  Says the internet tough guy...
                  EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

Hmm, I never said I was that important. You just made me feel important by saying such.

How about this (when it comes to your "don't reply" remark): No. I pretty much have the freedom as the next person on these forums to reply freely to any post. So unless the sun's imploding or life ceased to exist, I do not have to take orders from you. So go to another "dog" with that "bone" because this one's not going to bite. Never dare this guy as funny things do happen as a result.

Now, I enjoyed reading the ramblings of a kid (the way you write and convey your message does speak volumes on such) who probably uses mommy's/daddy's credit card to spend on his character. Nothing wrong with that, it's your money if you want to spend it on something that is getting nerfed by the second. By all means, go right ahead. In fact, it makes me realize that I didn't miss spending on ANY game in the last 4 years as I see most of the demise happening in them. And that time still going on.

On this 1v1 thing, if you're still "crying" that you could not gauge yourself, then obviously you haven't tried the other avenues like PVP duel in Cloud City, plunders, or even that new 1v1 PVP weekly event that this game has to offer. So, really, what's your excuse?
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Solo arena was never very satisfying because the AI is so very stupid. In fact, with kh skills reducing the possible skills loaded on the skill bar, I can predict exactly what skills the AI will use and in what order it will use them in most fights. How is that fun? I find duels far more satisfying. In those, you're fighting a real player who is actually at the keyboard (and generally plays way better than the AI does). A good fight vs a good player near my BR is lots of fun. I also learn way more from it, since I'm not just seeing how they built their toon, but also seeing how they use that build to best advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X