X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• word filter???????????

what the frack is up with the filter in this massively bugged
    sorry excuse for a game??

got to filter out part of the word reputation?really?***?

re@#$%tion is how it came out, what the hell is putat supposed to be that it got
    filtered out of the middle of the word????

can't you idiots program a filter that looks at the whole word?

They filter weird things, and in the simplest way possible. It's been like that forever, so not much chance they'll do it smarter, but it's always annoying to write words like "hoard", "basement", and "cumulative".

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
      what the frack is up with the filter in this massively bugged
      sorry excuse for a game??

got to filter out part of the word reputation?really?***?

re@#$%tion is how it came out, what the hell is putat supposed to be that it got
      filtered out of the middle of the word????

can't you idiots program a filter that looks at the whole word?
      The filter got the word "puta" which is bad in spanish slang. i think it works fine, and while it's not the best, it's not a horrible system.
      "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
      Browser Game Support

Comment

The filter should be set for "EXACT" case where it will only filter such a word out, but not something that is part of the word. It's very horrible as most (majority) of the words are censored out due to the "containing" of such letters for bad words and it frustrates players that they have to rewrite the whole word out (possibly wasting a world chat speaker; IS THAT EVEN A THING NOW SINCE WE NO LONGER HAVE A LOUDSPEAKER SHOWN IN INVENTORY?).
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          They filter weird things, and in the simplest way possible. It's been like that forever, so not much chance they'll do it smarter, but it's always annoying to write words like "hoard", "basement", and "cumulative".
          Don't forget words like 'population', assemble, and 'class' í*½í¸‚
          Play too many games.. a few know me as Liberti, others know me as Squishy... lets stick with that

Comment

paradigm, diaphragm, figment, segment, association, lass, pass, scum, administer, administration, cucumber, circumference, sassy, mass, massive, sign, signature, align.... need I go on?

Comment

The issue is possibly rooted from the fact that the word filter was implemented for Chinese language, which doesn't use space as word boundary.
              The word filter blocks all occurrences of a forbidden character sequence no matter it's a standalone word or part of a word.

For example, it doesn't distinguish between 'GM' and 'segment', and filters out the 2-letter sequence in both.

The correct filtering should filter out <word-boundary>GM<word-boundary>, where <word-boundary> could be space (white-space, tab, vtab, new line, etc.) or start of text field.

Comment

Did you know, that 'h4x0r' is censored?

But not hackor, hackzor, h4xor, hax0r or hacker.

Comment

i still wondering what "nnd" means.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Trying to get R2 support to kindly explain how a space is a naughty word, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                      Trying to get R2 support to kindly explain how a space is a naughty word, LOL.
                      lol thats going to be very hard to explain even for them lol

i hate it wen ur in chat and then the dam filter kicks in - the worst design ever - we dont need the chinese word filter in this western wartune just get them to remove this and all will be fine

Comment

Oh trust me, harry, I got my separate thread closed because a mod classed it a filter problem and had asked me to discuss it here. I am still waiting for them to explain to me via support on how a character map unicode space is such a naughty word.

Frankly, I would have come to the impression when it gets ported to the US side, all translations are done in English to include the coding.

Comment

Working...
                        X