Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

R2Games Please stop MAKING NEW SERVER.!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Games Please stop MAKING NEW SERVER.!!

hey. can u please stop making new servers. because u if u made a new one u kill the oldER servers. you already had enough of this server why not be contented.. i hope u can sense or get my point of view cause i don't wanna talk much or explain why.. You Knew it.. I don't think you don't. If u want ur target market (players) to stay long playing your game kindly please stop making New SERVER...!!! thanks..

Yeah, this seems to be the main issue of majority of games similar to this one.
    I honestly don't understand where this silly habit came from... Why would anyone want to have 50 servers with only a handful of players on each instead of 10 heavily populated servers.

This kind of FORCES players to just... come and go.
    Good news: there is a God.
    Bad news: it's not the one You've been worshipping.

Comment

There is a logic to it. Think about the business side.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
        This is stupid business. They get short term income but long-term they lose out more. Since more and more people will end up quitting due to low population and being harder to do higher level events and things. If r2 was smart they would keep the servers low and create more population. Thus more cashers will want to stick around and everything will have more involvement in it. Guild battles wouldn't be empty most of the time as well as less afkers in battle grounds. Arenas would be much fuller and there be tons more people wanting to cash in to compete with others. If there is no competition but yourself then why would you want to be a casher in the first place?

Comment

Exactly what Oxykotton said.
          This is the worst possible business strategy.

As I said, it makes people just come and go, but it should make them want to stick around for a long time.
          More satisfied people = more long term players = more long term cashers and possible much more non-cashers who will start paying.

It's so obvious that I really, genuinely am taken aback by this awful "strategy". Well, maybe I'm just too naïve

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetThirteen View Post
            Exactly what Oxykotton said.
            This is the worst possible business strategy.

As I said, it makes people just come and go, but it should make them want to stick around for a long time.
            More satisfied people = more long term players = more long term cashers and possible much more non-cashers who will start paying.

It's so obvious that I really, genuinely am taken aback by this awful "strategy". Well, maybe I'm just too naïve
            You're still not looking at it from the business side. Games like this have a short lifespan and rely on instant gratification. Statistically it works: A company opens with a server every week or more, collects cash from impetus, sits and monitors playerbase count, merges (or create inter-server events) when appropriate and finally, recycle. Additionally, look at the CHN serverbase. 183 servers? If this was not a solid business model, they would likely resort to one of the aforementioned strategies.

From what I know though, they are already onto the next project.

Comment

Games like this have a short lifespan (...)
              You see, they have short lifespan because of the high number of servers (and thus high number of bored players who just leave and never come back)

Or maybe it's just that their main goal really is a short-term income, not a long-term one...
              What a pity.
              Last edited by VelvetThirteen; 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetThirteen View Post
                You see, they have short lifespan because of the high number of servers (and thus high number of bored players who just leave and never come back)

Or maybe it's just that their main goal really is a short-term income, not a long-term one...
                What a pity.
                This is by design.

It's more profitable this way. Believe you me, I worked in this area before. It is simply not a sustainable endeavor using the proposed methods unless a company has the financial means to risk a downward trend. Players want other players but the corporate reality is that a game draws players in, microtransactions a ton of content, uses the innate human desire as a means to fulfill the coffers and finally, monitors spending levels. That's *it*.

I could go on but it really is a downer to think of your new found favorite game falling in this paradigm. Sorry to intrude.
                Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X