def vs. hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• def vs. hp

I am currently a level 46 mage. I don't spend in this game so the only way I can get socketing rods is from altar or battleground chest. I don't know if I'll prioritize pdef or hp for socketing. Matk is a given so I'll leave that out. I noticed that some mages in my server has high mdef but very low pdef, and they kill other mages instead of going for knights or archers. I also get attacked often in battlegrounds since they have high mdef, they can heal more that I can hit. Right now, I am quite confused on how to improve my stats.

my advice go check your server got what class most and that's what u should defend against. LOL
    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Archers and mages are almost equal, knights not so much. I would like to know if I should prioritize hp over def gems, especially when hp gems are quite abundant.. Suntoria works well with high hp but then with low def you won't be able to heal more than the received hits.. And I don't get to use that skill in 1v1 duel (but I use in dungeons and group arena)..

Comment

HP gems have better surviving capabilities that DEFENSE considering the gems are same lvls.
        Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
        Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
        Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

Seems like as a mage you have a limitless supply of hp through your ability to heal. I would think reducing your dmg taken as much as possible would be the way.

Comment

I would try to prioritize pdef over hp if you can. What I usually do is whatever I have a higher gem level in and it has worked out for me so far and I am a 47 mage.

Comment

Pdef.
              We can survive with high def rather than to many hp.

With abundant hp but low def, you'll still die fast becouse great damage tou suffer.
              But with enough def, you can stay a bit longer
              S24 - Reaper's Illusion
              IGN - Vein

Comment

def > hp .... but still u also need hp
                [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                NasrulEyo
                Mage
                Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                U can submit a here
                My guide

Comment

there are many source of increasing hp.. but not def. so def >hp
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

That's why you guys die fast ignoring you HP.

HP is a priority nxt to your ATK.

With HP you both defend on PATK and MATK.

Whilst PDEF is only PATK you are defending ofc.
                    Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
                    Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
                    Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

It's tough without spending money to build a character that can compete with VIPs/cashers. First they level so much faster it's just an issue of raw power from the difference in levels.

Here's my suggestion. Fortunately for you you can streak Forgotten Dunes which rewards at least 10K gold and a blue item, plus the instance reward and any random drops. At 48 you will get the even better B. Grave. That should quickly add up refinement crystals to make sure all your purple gear has Int, Defense and Mtak on it. I would probably be happy with anything with Int/Def until all your gear was refined with at least that then move on to try and get it even better. Obviously something like Int, Def, Mtak, Pdef, Mdef/Endurance is going to be virtually impossible to get, but that would be the goal IMO. I'm amazed how many cashers are too dumb or lazy to realize that gear with Charisma, HP, Block, Mdef, and crit is garbage, but you see it all the time and they have it leveled to +15 with 3 gems in there. Defense is like having two stats in one since it adds both Pdef and Mdef. And I dont care what anyone says Charisma is close to worthless. HP is roughly half as good as endurance so think of it as .5 a stat when considering whether to keep some stats or refine again. Some block doesnt seem bad to mitigate damage, but dont try and pretend you are a tank.

If you find yourself short on crystals, and play alot chances are you have a ton of insignias...in a pinch if you really need to refine a piece of equipment you can get the level 35 broach for 300 insigs...not ideal, but with insigs so readily available I used it in a pinch prior to getting to where I could streak the instances that give 1 or 2 blue equips each run.

As for Gems, Mtak first, but with limited space you probably want to go with the highest level of the gems you can make and not worry so much about type. Try to complement the stats your gear has so if you dont have much endurance on them you should go with HP to make sure you dont die too quickly from lack of HP. Likewise if you dont have much Pdef or Mdef on them I would lean towards whichever you are short on, but would always go with the higher level gem first.

Finally, accept the fact that cashers with BR 5K+ more than you are going to shred you regardless so dont even worry about them. My only suggestion there is to get ROF level 5, and have a good MTak so you can do enough damage before you die that they might leave you alone for easier targets. When facing 10K+ more in BR, or any fight that is completely lopsided, just fire off some lighting bolts to generate some rage for the next fight.

Have fun. And you can also get Rods from Mystery chests...it's a very low percent chance, but it does happen. Unfortunately if you run the instances I mentioned the elite mob is rarely there so you give up that in order to try for the rod.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I just have to balance things out then. I managed to obtain 6 socketing rods so far, so I used them for def (pdef mostly) and hp gems. Also it's hard to get level 4 gems (even catacombs don't give enough for synthesis). I can't beat most cashers for sure, but I still manage to be in top 20 in arena (and it's full of cashers). I'm looking forward to the astral that reduces damage as well, that'd help a lot.

Comment

Good luck with it and as for gems if you can get to 95+ devotion you get a random level 2 gem, plus for every 60 BG shards you get a random reward which about 25% of the time is a level 3 gem, the altar gives out a level 3 gem every now and then, and finally if you check in daily you will eventually get 2 level 3 pdef gems and two random level 3 gems. Sure they are random, but it doesnt take long before you start getting some useful level 4 gems. Just need to keep plugging away.

Comment

Working...
                          X