Christmas socks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas socks

Is anyone even close to 1k socks for the mount? I have opened 400 chests and am only at 270 socks. By the looks of it, 1k is not possible.

I try not to do the 1000 socks thing as I know the drop rate sucks b*expletive*s. I just got enough to exchange for my snow mobiles, and I am just going to stop right there.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
      Is anyone even close to 1k socks for the mount? I have opened 400 chests and am only at 270 socks. By the looks of it, 1k is not possible.
      Not entirely sure how possible it is. While I'd like the mount, the smelt stones exchange for socks seems in my case to add more to my character than a mount.
      "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
      Browser Game Support

Comment

i hate the amount of socks u get the drop rate is realy terrible i havnt seen any 1 in my server get the 100 pairs yet from a drop only 1 or 2 socks

maybe r2 dont want to give this mount away like the mentor said make use of the smelt or astral dust its much better than a mount

Comment

As far as I have seen a lot of people have gone for the box mount first on the grounds something was better then nothing. Then they have gone after the seeds/fruits for more socks. While the box drops may have been less then ideal there have been big spender/recharge events that have offered socks as well and I believe in the new years gift packs that have been offered there have been a few as well that should help at the very least, make a small dent.
          Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

It's possible if you can make it to every single snowball fight, and ideally win them all, and then farm as fast as you can. The whole event was at least 12 days, and you can potentially get almost 200 chests per day, so with a little luck, you can hit 1000 socks out of ~2000 chests.
            You definitely do need luck, though, since the average return is closer to 1/3 than 1/2 on the chest->socks results.

Comment

@_@ there's no real 'luck' in this game. at least from experience, the ones who got good drops seem to remain pretty constant.
              and i'm not talking about the possible effect of cashing or other activities (rumor had stated cashers have better luck).
              some players do have such luck. their BR, activity level & cashing level vary greatly, but the set of such lucky people seem to remain constant over time.

Comment

Luck has gone out the window and was replaced by "malice" when it comes to this type of thing. As we were doing my wife's characters for the lucky exchange, her fifth unit only had one piece of clothing out of nearly 300 boxes. The other four had the complete set (minus the wings; plus any spares) out of the same number of boxes. So, really, luck has nothing to do with such.

I went and grew enough burnt-up Pillsbury Dough Boys to exchange for 500 gift boxes and went and got myself the Snowball Destroyer (and title) and left it at that. I wasn't going to click away like a mindless person hoping to get 1k socks to exchange for the mount. Nope, no way. So to those that went and did it, hee-haw! because you've been duped by a false promise that you will get enough to exchange for the mount unless you spend for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                  Luck has gone out the window and was replaced by "malice" when it comes to this type of thing. As we were doing my wife's characters for the lucky exchange, her fifth unit only had one piece of clothing out of nearly 300 boxes. The other four had the complete set (minus the wings; plus any spares) out of the same number of boxes. So, really, luck has nothing to do with such.
                  What you describe here is, quite literally, luck. Bad luck, but luck nonetheless.
                  S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                  1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                  EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                  Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
                    Not entirely sure how possible it is. While I'd like the mount, the smelt stones exchange for socks seems in my case to add more to my character than a mount.
                    I was thinking the same thing but then again they both have titles.

Comment

Originally posted by R224070026 View Post
                      What you describe here is, quite literally, luck. Bad luck, but luck nonetheless.
                      No no, there is luck, and there is s*expletive* my d*expletive*! It happens when the crafty (and daffy) developers input a non-realistic number in hoping to p*expletive*ing off the player so they can spend for more; only to be disappointed yet again. Hence, why I only exchange for items I know I can shoot for with what I have and forget the ones that would be a total waste of time and resources. But the upside to that test example is that we both needed the clothing shards to get the full sets so I was glad for that part.

Now, something is bothering me when it comes to mounts and design. The rocket ship I got doesn't fly, but the horse that is being offered (1k socks mount) does.............. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?! I don't think horses fly unless they have wings =P (and I will virtually smack someone with the thickest phone book if they say "Red Bull" LOL).

Comment

If you get enough boxes, I would say it is possible to get 1k socks, of course a little luck or whatever you want to call it helps alot too. Currently I have 960 boxes and 217 socks without opening any.

Even if you do get 1k socks, smelting stones could get you more br depending on what lvl smelt you are at.

Comment

Heavenly Pegasus, Evil Unicorn, and Therion Sandrider are all winged horses that can't fly. The BlackHawk Steed, which has no wings, can fly. If I recall, Deathcharger and Holy Unicorn are the only winged horses that can fly. Wartune logic.

It is theoretically possible to get 1k socks for the mount. I haven't seen anyone do it yet, but it doesn't hurt to do the winter events and try for it. At worst, we get a handful of smelting stones for our efforts. I suspect the high number is to try to force people to do some of the consumption events to have enough.

I do have to ask though: Did the devs take a survey of everything players hate and then throw it together into one event? Event items you can get only by luck from other event items (or get from spending $, ofc), check. Event items you can obtain only by growing on farm, where people can steal from you, check. Event to earn said items that gives you only the option to quick join and there is no guarantee you won't join a match already in progress that gives you no chance to even make top 3...or even throws you into a match as its ending so you get last place on the losing team, check. Winter event that has a known issue that is deemed fair play by R2, but creates huge drama, check. Event items earned by wasting your time hunting the wilds, with no way to see if there are any left on your map or how many there are, check. The only thing the devs missed is adding a raid feature where big BRs can attack weaker players and steal event items...oops, better not give them any ideas for next year.

Comment

The only thing the devs missed is adding a raid feature where big BRs can attack weaker players and steal event items...oops, better not give them any ideas for next year.
                            Judging by their "one size fits all" methodology, I am pretty sure this is implemented somewhere that we haven't experienced it as of yet.

Comment

I had about 1200 chests and figured I would get 1k socks, had 220 socks before I opened any. I opened about 700 and only got about 200 from those 700 boxes and of course, no mount.

At that drop rate, I was not going to take the chance and open the other 500 boxes in hopes of mount so I just traded for the snowball mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X