Sudden End of Outlands Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden End of Outlands Season?

All of a sudden, we all got in mail a notice that Outlands season has ended, just after the last Post Grab this evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_71.png
Views:	1
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1789896

So, the rules and terms of Outlands Contest have been silently changed. Because initially, it was said that the season would last for 3 months, not for 1 month.

And by that, we shall maybe lose Outlands Contest and awards from Post grab for 2 days, as the new month starts tomorrow, on Wednesday.

Or was that letter by some mistake?

Ignis, R2 S8
    Last edited by R23593157; 01-31-2017, 02:41 PM.

Seems this was put in the maintenance notes on 12/29. ​I know that I for one gave this as a suggestion during the survey, seems they listened.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
      Seems this was put in the maintenance notes on 12/29. ​I know that I for one gave this as a suggestion during the survey, seems they listened.
      I didn't notice this back in December. I saw it just now, and I thank you for the reply.

But for me, this term of the contest is too short. It took us 2-3 weeks to establish relations with our allies, now, we shall have to do this again. Good at least the cross-server friending was fixed.

Doing one and the same all the time, again and again, burns out even the game addicts like me. This and the increasing time needed to make things in game will help me a lot to quit playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
        I am with that other guy/girl. I didn't see the monthly part or I would have been ecstatic for the change. Usually, I go "meh" after a week or two or when a post is "dead". And I have a watchful eye when it comes to things like that.

Either way, thanks. I am ecstatic for such happening. Most people wanted a change monthly when it comes to matching and keeping the guild hoppers at bay. Might and might not change a bit, but we shall see.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          I am with that other guy/girl. I didn't see the monthly part or I would have been ecstatic for the change. Usually, I go "meh" after a week or two or when a post is "dead". And I have a watchful eye when it comes to things like that.

Either way, thanks. I am ecstatic for such happening. Most people wanted a change monthly when it comes to matching and keeping the guild hoppers at bay. Might and might not change a bit, but we shall see.
          Normally I pay attention to what happens each maintenance and I don't recall seeing this mentioned. I think I would remember seeing this type of change listed. I thought maybe it was edited in at a later time but there is no edit message.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
            Normally I pay attention to what happens each maintenance and I don't recall seeing this mentioned. I think I would remember seeing this type of change listed. I thought maybe it was edited in at a later time but there is no edit message.
            I've come to know that an edit message won't be shown if edited by an admin/moderator within that section. There are days where I see the first maint message, and a day later, new info is put on without an edit message.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              I've come to know that an edit message won't be shown if edited by an admin/moderator within that section. There are days where I see the first maint message, and a day later, new info is put on without an edit message.
              I know I have seen some with an edit message. Maybe if it is done by the same person that created the thread, then it doesn't get one. I know I have seen some that says was edited by a different person than the OP.

Comment

I apologize for the confusion. I edited the patch note for clarification, since we do use old patch notes quite often. This is not the first time a patch note has been changed for clarification well after a maintenance has occurred.

The original 12/29 patch note said "1. A new Outlands season will begin soon. Guilds may begin signing up January 1st, 2017. Outland event times will be adjusted slightly." What the writer of that line meant to include was that the "slight adjustment" was going from 3 month to 1 month seasons. We are so use to vague patch notes, that no one thought to question it. From now on, we will question all vague patch notes, and hopefully avoid having to change them at much later dates.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

So, we lose 2 or 3 days of rewards EACH month. Thanks 'tune! Can I have another?! And making us sign up EVERY SINGLE MONTH?! Luckily, I found a much better game to play. Laters....

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                    So, we lose 2 or 3 days of rewards EACH month. Thanks 'tune! Can I have another?! And making us sign up EVERY SINGLE MONTH?! Luckily, I found a much better game to play. Laters....
                    You aren't the only one disappointed by the change, but majority opinion expressed in the survey that followed the patch was to shorten the seasons, so the majority of people should be pretty happy about it. Enjoy the new game you found.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

whoever said in the survey change it to monthly need to go shove a barbwire warped baseball bat up there south passage with no lube.

every month outland pro and cons:

pro: weak guilds have 3 weeks of 1 post vs 11 weeks 1 post
                      pro: there is no more pros

con: 1st every month no OCE or titan temple
                      con: boring taking/defending posts
                      con: no daily crystal collect on 2nd every month
                      con: guild jumpers will be jumping 1st of every month in turn messing up imperial war rounds
                      con: many new server guilds can't afford the sign up as is every month

btw i'm in a guild that normally has 1 post per season and me + others all think this is crappy.

Comment

Thanks, MemoryLane. And here I thought I was going wazoo all of a sudden, as I do take a look on a topic for a couple of days after said event/maint happened; after that, I only look at it (the back end mostly) when new people post to it and see if I can post feedback as well. Myself, I am happy with this change because there are times I just want to take a break (and many will argue with me in saying "stay and take the mediocre rewards"; however, that's not the point, especially if you are paired with a guild that is active and relies on your guild to assist in any way you can). At least I can rest at night knowing I won't leave anyone stranded if I (and since I run my own ship along with the wife) had to take care of things in real life that I cannot just come and take/defend a post or take part in Central Crystal War with my boys. The next couple of months are booked solid in real life as there are things I need to take care of (biggest one being a legal aspect that I won't go into detail), so my game play will be minimal (if things look better after said event is over; Feb 10th).

Again, one month is good. And if anyone can do the math, you can still get your 60 posts (greedy people) within 2 weeks (if you do both morning and evening grabs a day; not factoring the 3 attempts per round as part of an event within). Yes, it's going to be a very big con when it comes to new guilds being able to afford the monthly "rent" of 1 million wealth, but it will be a con for the guilds that try to hop to "cheat" their way in (which I am hoping there will be something of the sort as in Shadowbound there was this event that puts players in a bracket and any changes to level, they are booted to the next tier; could happen with this one when it comes to guild BR on a weekly basis that get automatically assigned within the bracket they sealed themselves with; which makes it even harder for them to keep up with the fee).

Anyway, we shall see how it pans out. My season was good because I had fun in grabbing but also losing some as all teams were blowing up all over the place, LOL. Alliances were made, then backstabbed, then crossed, then solo'd. To all within my season, I thank you for that nice run. May you all have fun in other places if we don't meet up again (well, I won't as I am going to be off for a few months).

Comment

The one-month duration in some way gives guilds more chance to get a better matching.
                          Hopefully the matching will be more randomized and the grouping will be more balanced.
                          We've been grouped or matched against the same guilds since July 2016.
                          Without a better matching system, adding more chances for a better match is not going to help anyone at all.
                          And the extra chances are bought by 8 extra sign-up fees per year.
                          500k guild wealth might be small for large active guilds, but for small guilds it is indeed a challenge.
                          Imposing a monthly sign-up fee basically prevents small guilds and one-person guilds from competing, or at least prevents them from using the extra GW on guild beast and divine altar.
                          One-person guilds might be the minority, but it's probably not desirable to kill small guilds, especially for that their members are usually more loyal and happier together.
                          My smaller guild and one-person guild have been skipping beast and altar (both!) since last July. I'm not sure if that's a good thing to happen, but right now the remaining members are still happier in there than in my larger guild. I don't want to force anyone to move over. That makes me an inconsiderate tyrant, which is the role I'm unwilling to assume.
                          Any ways. I guess we are just not the majority.
                          Last edited by R238423534; 02-01-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            I apologize for the confusion. I edited the patch note for clarification, since we do use old patch notes quite often. This is not the first time a patch note has been changed for clarification well after a maintenance has occurred.

The original 12/29 patch note said "1. A new Outlands season will begin soon. Guilds may begin signing up January 1st, 2017. Outland event times will be adjusted slightly." What the writer of that line meant to include was that the "slight adjustment" was going from 3 month to 1 month seasons. We are so use to vague patch notes, that no one thought to question it. From now on, we will question all vague patch notes, and hopefully avoid having to change them at much later dates.
                            Hi ML thanks for the clarification.
                            No matter how late the edit was, there will be readers who check back for things they had previously missed.
                            For next time, we would appreciate it if you put [Updated] in the title for such a critical edit. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                              Hi ML thanks for the clarification.
                              No matter how late the edit was, there will be readers who check back for things they had previously missed.
                              For next time, we would appreciate it if you put [Updated] in the title for such a critical edit. Thank you.
                              I didn't even think to adjust the title. I have adjusted the title for that particular thread, and will do so for future threads.

We will be forwarding the suggestion about the sign up fees being reduced for future seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X