Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

pointless to capture astrals if you are not VIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pointless to capture astrals if you are not VIP

I find it a pain and pointless to capture astrals if i am not a vip since i cant do one click capture , and now in order to elevate our astrals we had to have a red maxed astral. everytime i am in the astral capture screen it lags like crazy and freezes as well too. I dont know if any of you non vip players are ok with this as for me i am not. thats why my non vip toons i dont even bother capturing any astrals only if its required on the bounty and circuit quests and thats it .

That's why I don't do astrals on my units for the very same reason. On another R2 hosted game, Shadowbound, there's an option where we can one-click auto-capture astrals and it will stop until the astral lot is full so we can merge them. It also doesn't give us the misfortunes like Wartune gives us. The only downside to that, though, is that you can not sell any astrals gained. But I didn't care as I was making level 10 oranges (at the time; don't know if they had gone further as it's been a while since I played).

Anyway, I just don't know why they would make it a onesies approach when it comes to this. Most gamers would probably get carpal tunnel or turned to automated programs after being on the astral screen for a while.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

One-click should be available for everyone, but maybe it costs a lot more for non-vip. Something. With the severe lag I get from astrals, it is impossible to do it manually. Impossible. Oh well. The writing is on the wall. I'm just running out the clock.

Comment

I think the solution should be simple - make the original 1-click capture open to everyone, with the newer auto-capture vip only. That moves it back closer to the realm of what's acceptable, given the changes in how fast we accumulate gold (and how much catching up there is for new players).

Last I checked, 1-click wasn't even a vip benefit until level 5, which means you can't even buy vip and use that right away, or use a short-term vip card. So that was always unreasonable, but I suppose it did keep some people buying vip when they wouldn't have otherwise. But also cost some players who might have spent a little but couldn't get any immediate benefit.

Comment

Make it cost 5x the gold for non-vip. Each level of vip it reduces the gold cost for auto-capture so it's still a benefit to get vip. The main reason people get vip is for the dimensions, not for auto-capture (though it's nice to have too).

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
            Make it cost 5x the gold for non-vip. Each level of vip it reduces the gold cost for auto-capture so it's still a benefit to get vip. The main reason people get vip is for the dimensions, not for auto-capture (though it's nice to have too).
            I will second that. In fact, on Shadowbound there is a main draw and two other ones that use premium currency (er, diamonds). The one is the regular chance one where you can get a high ranking astral during the draw. The middle one is a slightly higher chance of getting a high ranking astral, but takes some diamonds (small amount). The final one is for a moderate to high chance of getting a high ranked astral, but it takes more diamonds. Been a while since I played, though.

However, I do like that suggestion you have made.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

The simplest solution is to change auto-capture requirement from VIP4 to VIP1.
              Most free players can save gold and wait on to use a VIP trial card.

My main activated a one-day VIP trial card and used auto capture to max all red astrals in 1 day (still have over 20,000 VIP points & spent 20 stacks of cows).
              My secondary activated the same one-day VIP trial card the next day, only to find out I can't use one-click capture (requires VIP3) or auto-capture (requires VIP4) at all!!! That was frustrating.

Comment

Working...
              X