Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Account Sharing vs TOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Sharing vs TOS

Can any moderator help clarify?

We know or understand that account sharing is highly not recommended.

What will R2Games do if I share my account? (From R2)
    As we don't actively seek account sharers, it is up to you to keep your information confidential.
    We may temporarily or permanently ban an account if we find conclusive evidence of sharing, but generally account piloters are not sought out.
    This will mean that assistance will be minimal should the safety of an account be breached by sharing sensitive information.

So basically R2 has done nothing for account sharing. As I know of there are a number of players that are account sharing, some up to 10 accounts in other server cases, but R2 wont do anything against them?

The help article you're quoting from is saying that R2 isn't going to sit there and look at every single player to make sure they are only playing the account they created. However, that information is readily available when sending in a ticket, which puts those tickets at the very bottom of the support pile.

Sometimes people do things with their borrowed/shared/piloted accounts that leads to a complaint. If proof is included in a ticket, R2 will investigate, but they do reserve the right to handle the situation however they see fit, which is something that is included in the ToS - at their sole discretion. If there's complaints about people sharing/piloting, and there's proof of it (chat of them bragging about it is usually what does it), R2 may temp or perm ban that toon, and depending on how severe the case is, may temp or perm ban all toons connected that person. Again, the key factor here is 'at their sole discretion'. R2 may also choose to do what seems like nothing. In the cases where 'nothing' is done, assuming sharing is actually going on, the report is filed. Every future complaint from anyone about that particular person will be linked together, and enough complaints can result in moving it from 'nothing' to 'may temp or perm ban'.

Regardless of how R2 handles the complaints, one thing everyone should be very aware of is, should anything happen to the account being shared, such as things being deleted/sold/destroyed, and a number of other things I won't detail here, and a ticket needs to be sent in, there is little to no support given. I have seen people lose entire accounts because they shared and couldn't accurately prove ownership for support to at least get the account back.

All of that said, if you believe others are sharing, and you can screenshot the evidence that caused you to believe sharing is going on, you should pop that in a ticket, and if new circumstances occur, that would go in a new ticket.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

when ave r2 ever followed their own t.o.s lmao

ive seen accounts sold accounts shared even ppl glitching and getting away with it r2 knows all this and does nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
        Can any moderator help clarify?

We know or understand that account sharing is highly not recommended.

What will R2Games do if I share my account? (From R2)
        As we don't actively seek account sharers, it is up to you to keep your information confidential.
        We may temporarily or permanently ban an account if we find conclusive evidence of sharing, but generally account piloters are not sought out.
        This will mean that assistance will be minimal should the safety of an account be breached by sharing sensitive information.

So basically R2 has done nothing for account sharing. As I know of there are a number of players that are account sharing, some up to 10 accounts in other server cases, but R2 wont do anything against them?
        Why do you care if others are sharing accounts? What business is it of yours? If it effects you in any way, fine, but if it has nothing to do with you why rat out other players? There are lots of things wartune devs need to address first before worrying about account sharing. It's technically against the rules, but often the new player will cash, and the bottom line is the bottom line.

Comment

I personally don't care if a person is sharing their account with another as it doesn't affect me... it really doesn't. Usually problems come up when people share such, like deletion of items, or selling of equipment that one spend loads of time on. I don't do the account sharing thing, though, as each unit that I dive in, I put in time and effort as well as them keeping me occupied during my time on a server. The only exception is Kabam where I only have 1 that I cannot just part away with (gotta thank the lovely people in that server cluster I play in for me wanting to play just a bit longer).

Of course, I had been propositioned by folks who want my account details, but all they're getting is some comedy from me as I will come up with ways to get a laugh going at their lousy expense. Most of the time, they would just not ask me ever again.
          Last edited by Meikura001; 02-26-2017, 06:04 PM.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

All I've seen is R2 would rather Ban or lock out a players account for charge back to R2 for account refund than spend anytime on addressing shared accounts.
            The rule is there, but more as discretion, R2 has yet to enforce any account sharers from my experience because account sharing doesn't necessarily stop people from spending.

Unless the account already was preloaded with 500k balens for example.

Comment

r2 games dont support buy and sell accounts.
              but if they did not find it.you are still safe.

playermall is a mmorpg marketplace that connects buyers and sellers of gaming products. we have grown to become a leading eCommerce platform for trading virtual gaming products. 20 years of experience as gaming and trading enthusiasts helps us empower gamers by making trades both fun and easy. playermall will create a new mmorpg currency service standard. playermall is not only a mmorpg game gold shop,it is also your game friends.we are your forever friends
              Last edited by lindaamanda123; 04-27-2020, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X