Worst Patch in a long time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Patch in a long time

If you're not a mega casher, this is one of the worst patches in a long time. I don't have a red merged sylph, meaning those new events are useless to me. Ironically, you need Holy Sword Temple to get materials to make a red sylph, but you need a red sylph to do holy sword temple. In days past, strong players WOULD carry weaker players (through NR when only the whales could do it). These days, even the whales don't help players (maybe on rare occasions). Is this the game's subtle way of saying that if you're not a megacasher 25m+ br with a red merged sylph you should just quit?

It seems like they took my only sanctuary away from the massive swirls/hopping icons away from me when they put the farm on the main city screen. I used to just go into my homestead and then visit the farms/pastures from there as it minimizes the resources on my system. With this update, harvesting (if without a covenant) handles like a school bus as it takes forever while it's fighting the swirls and hops in a person's main city. You call this an improvement... I call it s*expletive*. Thanks 7Road/ProCity, you gave a totally new standard when it comes to "junk" as this is a prime example of such.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

yep. From what I see so far (about 2 hours), they replaced the 5-minute amethyst mine with a guild treasure that comes with 1-hour cooldowns (or longer), because cooldowns come with a spending option, and amethyst mine did not.

They add the magical sword thing, which is just combining the motive to buy each merged sylph with the motive to buy a new casher-item.

I talked to the inn-people, doubt i will do that again.

There are some new group dungeons that 99% of new players will never see the inside of.

I heard Titan Temple can now be played, have yet to test that rumor.

I hear there is a group that only plays on new servers for the first month, and when the new server gets moved into an older cluster, they move on to another new server. That sounds like the only way to have fun in the game anymore.

Comment

The talking to inn-people... I dont' get. You talk to them and sometimes get something... most of the time it's just another time waster. They seem intent on adding timewasting things to keep us on Wartune. It's all garbage. And they wonder why they have to merge so many servers. Take a hint; don't waste our time with innkeepers and dimensions that take hours to do. And they still haven't addressed the issues with TT, including the nasty eud bug. I get oneshotted at the beginning from a suped up eud that does 5m dmg... TT is as perplexing, buggy, and insane as ever. I just want to get one more titan and then I won't have to do that abortion anymore.

Comment

The inn thing I have a problem with as well:
          • First, they only give out 5 (standard) or 10 (if you get one with a musical note) EXP a day with the first level bars being 100.
          • Second, you get two gifts a day to be used for little EXP points (below 5).
          • Third, you only get cards when you level up. The other times, you get magical dust. Sounds familiar?
          • Fourth, you have to make sure they are finished talking so you can get the rewards. There are times I would fast-click and then leave without it finishing, thus not getting the reward.
          • Fifth, it seems cards are automatically activated when obtained, why the hell are we still recycling extra cards obtained through this interface when they could have just converted them into magic dust at that time?
          So with that, it will take me about 10-20 days (around such) before I can get a card upon leveling up if I slow down and made sure all finished talking.

Comment

Agree with the crazy cash scam part. Well...at least most aren't whales and don't have to bother competing against whales.

As for Magic Inn, you always get rewards for as long as you click the bubble with 3 dots in it.
            Even if there's no system message, the rewards are still sent to you (you can tell this from the cards in your bag and the increased magic dusts amount).

For old players who have already unlocked all cards, leveling friendliness is unimportant. You need the gifting rewards more than the magic dusts.

For new players, this is a much better system, because it doesn't consume resources, and clicking through Magic Inn is much faster than waiting for card exploration.
            The only drawback is the difficulty to get new cards (you'd need higher friendliness to get better cards). But the white and green card boosts are more helpful any ways. It's probably more important to level them up than to get the higher cards.

Comment

the inn is boring,but at least it's quick.

guild treasure digs are of course more advantage to cashers willing/able to use balens for
              more rewards per day.

what really sucks is rave,how long before a guild with active players and a couple part
              time players decides they don't want to carry part timers with the devotion rewards.

(i only get 50 devo a day if i take a few extra moments to do it,but most
              days it's only 20/25 devo.)

Comment

As for Magic Inn, you always get rewards for as long as you click the bubble with 3 dots in it.
                Even if there's no system message, the rewards are still sent to you (you can tell this from the cards in your bag and the increased magic dusts amount).
                If that's the case, then cool. I've had a few moments where I didn't get a message when I went for the "Back" button before letting someone finish talking (the text is slow enough as it is).

(i only get 50 devo a day if i take a few extra moments to do it,but most
                days it's only 20/25 devo.)
                I know the feeling. I only do things that would be 45 devo a day because there is hardly anything in the game that would tickle my fancy now that we've got Swirlsville in the background of the farm map that takes things to a regressive level.

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                  The talking to inn-people... I dont' get. You talk to them and sometimes get something... most of the time it's just another time waster. They seem intent on adding timewasting things to keep us on Wartune. It's all garbage. And they wonder why they have to merge so many servers. Take a hint; don't waste our time with innkeepers and dimensions that take hours to do. And they still haven't addressed the issues with TT, including the nasty eud bug. I get oneshotted at the beginning from a suped up eud that does 5m dmg... TT is as perplexing, buggy, and insane as ever. I just want to get one more titan and then I won't have to do that abortion anymore.
                  Just FYI in case you weren't aware: if you click on their portrait while they're talking, it completes whatever they were saying immediately. So you can finish the inn in just a few seconds, instead of waiting for them to sloooowly say whatever stupid thing they say (which seems to be mostly the same over and over).

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                    Just FYI in case you weren't aware: if you click on their portrait while they're talking, it completes whatever they were saying immediately. So you can finish the inn in just a few seconds, instead of waiting for them to sloooowly say whatever stupid thing they say (which seems to be mostly the same over and over).

That's a good tip, ty! I was wondering if there was a way to do this faster.
                    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
                    Browser Game Support

Comment

I will try that with my units on the R2 side later to see if that really helps. Already done on Kabam.

Comment

Took a trip through reputations and...

So I decided to check my reputation based comments (as I hardly check those these days, but had that curiosity) and came across this gem of a comment:

After I got through laughing, I sat and thought to myself, "well, if I could run 5 units when Wartune was in its early stages prior to 5.1, why would I need a new computer?"

Well, hate to break it to you, mate, but this here laptop can play movies, can run other games, can run system admin tasks, can tap into my security grid, can do netcasts, can DJ music, have VTC sessions, and everything else just fine without it sounding like the turbine engines of the 1960's bat mobile. However, playing Wartune, on even one module makes it look like I am walking in molasses. This is the same system used when I was able "fly" at a fast speed through Cloud City.

And even so, why would anyone want to upgrade on something that they know had worked? So each time, 7Road/ProCity/Gaea releases a new patch, everyone has to get a new computer? I am sorry, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          So I decided to check my reputation based comments (as I hardly check those these days, but had that curiosity) and came across this gem of a comment:

After I got through laughing, I sat and thought to myself, "well, if I could run 5 units when Wartune was in its early stages prior to 5.1, why would I need a new computer?"

Well, hate to break it to you, mate, but this here laptop can play movies, can run other games, can run system admin tasks, can tap into my security grid, can do netcasts, can DJ music, have VTC sessions, and everything else just fine without it sounding like the turbine engines of the 1960's bat mobile. However, playing Wartune, on even one module makes it look like I am walking in molasses. This is the same system used when I was able "fly" at a fast speed through Cloud City.

And even so, why would anyone want to upgrade on something that they know had worked? So each time, 7Road/ProCity/Gaea releases a new patch, everyone has to get a new computer? I am sorry, but no.
                          I would never buy a new pc just to play this game. But really a faster computer does help but we should not need an extremely fast computer to play a game like this. Maybe wartune is also making money every time someone buys a new computer so that is why they don't worry with fixing the lag.

Comment

I just realize my toaster was offended and it stopped making toast for me. At least it didn't eat me.

Toaster Lives Matter

Comment

I actually love playing this game (Literally about 8 - 10 hrs a day , every day) , but I have noticed that every patch is nothing more than a way for the big to get bigger.
                              Creating an even bigger gap between us smaller struggling guys and the mega cashers. I understand the need to cator to the casher to a degree , but
                              how about a patch to help the smaller ,struggling or new players that doesn't make the Mega BR player even bigger. They already have titles we will never be able to obtain
                              because the means to obtain it no longer exist. Everything about this game is becoming so one sided it's ridiculous. I just spent 6 months in BG twice daily chasing the 3 kills
                              I needed to obtain "First Class" because it is so unevenly matched it's crazy yet I keep going back to have fun and talk to friends. It will be years before I can get the next title
                              from BG while those I face just keep growing.

Events , Rewards , Etc. seem to all be geared towards the larger players and do nothing for those of us who can't use them. Between the Lag , the small size and
                              unwillingness of others to help the little players becoming more and more the norm it's no wonder players are leaving the game every day and eventually there will be
                              nobody but a handful of players that are the Mega Cashers unless something is done.

I know this will all fall on deaf ears and nothing will change and that saddens me to see what has become of a game that I have enjoyed over the last few years.

I spend , but noway I will spend the money the Mega Cashers do. Bring back the fun game !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X