Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the spam-threads from the owner's wife or something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    I knew someone was going to use that LOL.
    Spam is really an aquired taste, because it really does look disgusting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

Comment

I am a corned beef hash type of man. I probably had Spam sometime ago, but they fried it too much so couldn't tell the difference.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

spam yuk who invented it it wasnt the british lol we more of a bangers and mash and mushy peas nation lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
          spam yuk who invented it it wasnt the british lol we more of a bangers and mash and mushy peas nation lol
          Monty Python made a funny song about such that got me rollin'. To be honest, I only had it (SPAM) once (later found out what it was) in my entire lifetime. Not until I find out what it also meant as the first time I heard of it, I had though it was just that. Back in the IRC days, we called it a different thing: transmittal flood of nonsensical messages/posts or just junk mail. Back then it was easy to just locate the offender, mute their account for a set amount of time, and if they didn't adhere (repeat offenders), then I bring out the Magnum of God (aka ban hammer) and sealed their fate. Later, when they become smart in circumventing, we've become smarter as well in doing IP/Account association bans as the need arises; usually it will take just the first 3 numerical fields of the IP address to make it happen.

About 50% of the devices in the world are through static IP addresses that are given by the internet provider to connect to their service. If the wrong IP is used from that device, it will not connect. You can be off by a number and you will not be able to connect. The other 50% of the devices are through fixed dynamic; which basically you keep the same IP address given to you, even if you hit the "renew" function (done that many times before so I know). I know people will claim that the use of proxies and VPNs will shield them from being tracked, but if we look at them very close, what are they? Just devices with an IP address that one must connect to.

I am sure there are features out there that can locate a MAC address (at the internet provider level aka modem which is programmed at the factory by the manufacturer) and block it from accessing the site as part of the banning process. That person will literally have to change their modem with their provider or hop from place to place (which takes time and money to do) just to get on. I am hoping there will be apps in the future that will grab the MAC address of the computer in use as MACs are programmed one per card/interface used to connect to the network (LAN/Wireless). To spoof one of those will require extensive equipment and firmware (not software) programming knowledge, and even so, it might conflict with any other card in use, thus making it a futile attempt.

How I know all of this? I pretty much had experience at the hardware, software, and firmware understanding, testing, and programming levels. Part of my life was in the field of quality assurance and testing with some programming on how to make an interface work as well as how software functions; the other part of my life is spent in the field troubleshooting things from phone systems, routers, switches, firewalls, and telco circuits (both voice and data). I am pretty much a stickler who is always open for innovations and ideas that are efficient while trying to make sure things go smoothly with less incidental anomalies.
          Last edited by Meikura001; 03-17-2017, 02:36 PM.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Monty Python made a funny song about such that got me rollin'. To be honest, I only had it (SPAM) once (later found out what it was) in my entire lifetime. Not until I find out what it also meant as the first time I heard of it, I had though it was just that. Back in the IRC days, we called it a different thing: transmittal flood of nonsensical messages/posts or just junk mail. Back then it was easy to just locate the offender, mute their account for a set amount of time, and if they didn't adhere (repeat offenders), then I bring out the Magnum of God (aka ban hammer) and sealed their fate. Later, when they become smart in circumventing, we've become smarter as well in doing IP/Account association bans as the need arises; usually it will take just the first 3 numerical fields of the IP address to make it happen.

About 50% of the devices in the world are through static IP addresses that are given by the internet provider to connect to their service. If the wrong IP is used from that device, it will not connect. You can be off by a number and you will not be able to connect. The other 50% of the devices are through fixed dynamic; which basically you keep the same IP address given to you, even if you hit the "renew" function (done that many times before so I know). I know people will claim that the use of proxies and VPNs will shield them from being tracked, but if we look at them very close, what are they? Just devices with an IP address that one must connect to.

I am sure there are features out there that can locate a MAC address (at the internet provider level aka modem which is programmed at the factory by the manufacturer) and block it from accessing the site as part of the banning process. That person will literally have to change their modem with their provider or hop from place to place (which takes time and money to do) just to get on. I am hoping there will be apps in the future that will grab the MAC address of the computer in use as MACs are programmed one per card/interface used to connect to the network (LAN/Wireless). To spoof one of those will require extensive equipment and firmware (not software) programming knowledge, and even so, it might conflict with any other card in use, thus making it a futile attempt.

How I know all of this? I pretty much had experience at the hardware, software, and firmware understanding, testing, and programming levels. Part of my life was in the field of quality assurance and testing with some programming on how to make an interface work as well as how software functions; the other part of my life is spent in the field troubleshooting things from phone systems, routers, switches, firewalls, and telco circuits (both voice and data). I am pretty much a stickler who is always open for innovations and ideas that are efficient while trying to make sure things go smoothly with less incidental anomalies.

hahahaha not that spam this spam Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1729336

Comment

Working...
            X