Souls vs Soles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souls vs Soles

Server 70 battlegrounds has the message (xxx) has slaughtered more "soles" than the grim reaper.

Is this killing of peoples shoes rampant on all servers or is the mistake only on 70?

Belongs in the bugs section, has been mentioned before in a prior thread. Its game wide
    Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

ty, I was simply curious.

Comment

figured lol, wasnt trying to be mean, just multitasking lol

Comment

This issue has been reported a ton of times. Hopefully, they'll fix it as it does rub some the wrong way. :P

Comment

uhhh..

the meaning of "soles" in that statement is "individuals" thus saying that "player" has slaughtered more soles/individuals than the Grimm Reaper.

they can also use souls but its okay as it is.. its neither a bug nor typo error.

Wartune Retired
            IGN: Senjuu
            Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
            Guild: Immortals

Yitien
            IGN: Senju
            Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
            Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

I'm a non casher player

My Guide/s:

File a support ticket here:

Comment

Originally posted by Senjuu View Post
              uhhh..

the meaning of "soles" in that statement is "individuals" thus saying that "player" has slaughtered more soles/individuals than the Grimm Reaper.

they can also use souls but its okay as it is.. its neither a bug nor typo error.
              Per Webster's:

sole(noun)

(in solmization) The fifth note of a major scale.
              A fluid suspension of a colloidal solid in a liquid.
              The basic monetary unit of Peru, equal to 100 centavos.
              The undersurface of a person's foot.
              A marine flatfish of almost worldwide distribution, important as a food fish. Several species are in the families Soleidae, Pleuronectid...

It's none of these.

soul(noun)

The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
              A person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity.

It's likely the first definition of these.

It's a typo. It has been acknowledged already.

Comment

Noooooooo you scuffed my pumas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                  Per Webster's:

sole(noun)

A marine flatfish of almost worldwide distribution, important as a food fish. Several species are in the families Soleidae, Pleuronectid...

It's none of these.

soul(noun)

The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

Every day, at 9pm server time, the marine flatfish of the world huddle up in their homes in the fear that somebody will slaughter them more than the Grimm Reaper does. We must fix this once and for all!
                  Last edited by EndOfEnds; 12-13-2012, 04:06 AM.

Comment

if you are going to quote a dictionary about the definition of a word use all the listed definitions Sole: adjective
                    1.The sole thing or person of a particular type is the only one of that type.
                    Thus concluding that if i die in Battleground my killer has in fact slaughtered me being a sole and if he continues to slaughter he will have slaughtered more soles than the grim
                    reaper.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      Per Webster's:

sole(noun)

It's none of these.

soul(noun)

Sole <adjective>
                      Dictionary.com being the only one of the kind; unique; unsurpassed; matchless
                      Merriam Webster belonging exclusively or otherwise limited to one usually specified individual, unit, or group
                      Macmillan Dictionary the sole person or thing is the only one of a particular type

you see in dictionaries that the word sole has a VERB and ADJECTIVE use to it.
                      Last edited by Senjuu; 12-13-2012, 02:20 AM.

Wartune Retired
                      IGN: Senjuu
                      Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
                      Guild: Immortals

Yitien
                      IGN: Senju
                      Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
                      Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

I'm a non casher player

My Guide/s:

File a support ticket here:

Comment

Originally posted by sarconwindsong2002 View Post
                        if you are going to quote a dictionary about the definition of a word use all the listed definitions Sole: adjective
                        Thus concluding that if i die in Battleground my killer has in fact slaughtered me being a sole and if he continues to slaughter he will have slaughtered more soles than the grim
                        reaper.
                        The issue with that is the fact that even in that form and use it means Exclusive, like Johnathon is the sole heir to the throne. Could also be used properly in "I was the sole survivor of the plane crash." Some proper synonyms for sole in its Adjective form are Exclusive, Lonesome, Only, Lone and Solitary.

Comment

Originally posted by sarconwindsong2002 View Post
                          reaper.
                          Why should I post about parts of speech that fail to match the part of speech being used in game? It's being used in game as a NOUN. Why would I post about it being an adjective?

It's a known issue. It's been reported. It's been acknowledged. Not sure why this is getting lawyered.

Comment

Originally posted by Senjuu View Post
                            Sole <adjective>
                            Dictionary.com being the only one of the kind; unique; unsurpassed; matchless
                            Merriam Webster belonging exclusively or otherwise limited to one usually specified individual, unit, or group
                            Macmillan Dictionary the sole person or thing is the only one of a particular type

you see in dictionaries that the word sole has a VERB and ADJECTIVE use to it.
                            Again, in game it's used as a NOUN. Not sure why other parts of speech are being brought into play.

Comment

lawyers have no "soles" =)

Comment

Working...
                              X