Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Fun Coin: Use Bulk Item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....

You're right, I don't like the answer.
    But, I don't like the devs' answer...and prefer your honest communication regarding the issue.

With all the many issues you've handled just in Wartune (and I think I understand you handle more than just Wartune for moderation), I'm totally floored to hear this is the only one ever where you've gotten a hard "no"...and then, since there must be reason to make this such an exceptional example, you're given none of that reasoning.

As a player, I can only hope you caught someone on a bad day. I won't presume you misunderstood, because I'm guessing you understood perfectly.
    Maybe they meant to add an "at this time," and it was simple omission.
    Maybe, if the request reaches the same someone on a better day, or another someone, it might get a fairer hearing another time...even though I understand you also have to pick your battles, and there are usually real and pressing issues that come before this.

The top tier of Mount Whips now in Hot Events rewards seems to be 1500.
    So, telling us for a far greater number (when you're double-clicking for literally hours, 500 more is FAR greater, and mount whips get used singly with single-clicks in the event room) in this event to max rewards returns, we're not going to be able to get a simple feature like this on an item is hogwash.
    At that point, why have this item at all? (And how much "Fun" is it?)
    And, to that, I'll also say there are spenders...spenders on the Kabam S14 cluster whom I've seen, where they have a discussion among 3-5 players and get the whole server to max out Server rewards using spend on a given day. People who DO spend hundreds a week much of the time. And making it annoying and inconvenient for them to get these rewards has tempered Server use of this event...just look at stats and you'll see we don't max out Rave anymore, nothing near it, and used to do every time based on spend.

If your devs really need proof, go to game history, those stats should be very clear and speak eloquently to how this simple item is costing them a ton.
    But, hey, it's their game. Literally. If they don't want that abundant amount of money, that's their choice...people make choices.

Again, if any of this bears a tart stench in reply, it's certainly not directed to the Forum or its staff for giving us the respect we deserve in getting an honest answer.
    (Not to mention a place to air our views forcefully at times, whether they agree or disagree personally.)
    We don't all always get the answers we want to hear, but best to get the ones we need to hear.

And, I personally appreciate your support on this and so many issues, as the game and the players are all better off for how you do what you do.

Perhaps, on some "better day," you might still present this one again...or, even if they've said no, make mention again the issue continues to arise on the forums...or whatever might make sense to achieve what should really be a trivial programming adjustment on their end. With this already in many items, and being added to new items all the time, perhaps they'll see fit to cut-and-paste what is probably not ridiculous amounts of code to fix this.

The only logical reason I can see for a firm "no" is that if we're asking for this one, there will be a next, and a next, and they want to stop that somewhere. To that, I think as a player there *should* always be the ability to discuss the "next time," and, if nothing else, that's what a forum allows as a first filter, without which (the forum) we're all lesser for its loss.

Comment

Most suggestions don't get any feedback from the devs at all, so we really never know whether they are considering them or not. Think of a forwarded suggestion as an automatic maybe, just because something isn't implemented right away doesn't mean we won't see some iteration of it in a patch down the road, unless the suggestion just isn't feasible. It's really going to be rare to see a total no. This one probably got a hard no because it's one of a few suggestions that's been pushed so hard, to be honest, and I asked nicely for a response to it. I was hoping they'd get sick of seeing it come up and just do it. Best I got was a no for this and receptive interest for another long shot suggestion instead (the one about the inventory everyone let die on me). Maybe we need to find the next long shot suggestion to pair up with this one, and another 6 months of pushing it to make it happen, but it's unfortunately not going to be on anyone's short list.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        Most suggestions don't get any feedback from the devs at all, so we really never know whether they are considering them or not. Think of a forwarded suggestion as an automatic maybe, just because something isn't implemented right away doesn't mean we won't see some iteration of it in a patch down the road, unless the suggestion just isn't feasible. It's really going to be rare to see a total no. This one probably got a hard no because it's one of a few suggestions that's been pushed so hard, to be honest, and I asked nicely for a response to it. I was hoping they'd get sick of seeing it come up and just do it. Best I got was a no for this and receptive interest for another long shot suggestion instead (the one about the inventory everyone let die on me). Maybe we need to find the next long shot suggestion to pair up with this one, and another 6 months of pushing it to make it happen, but it's unfortunately not going to be on anyone's short list.
        Wait what? This got a hard no because it got pushed so hard? So the more players suggest something, the less likely chance of it happening? Isn't that contradicting what you said about the more players that speak up about something, the better?

What is so bad about adding a use in bulk option? I guess it's they don't want the players saving so many coins, they want us to use them up as soon as we get them because they don't want us getting the top tier rewards in rave. And I am guessing that this one of the reasons why they don't give us more inventory space, they don't want us saving stuff, especially for events. Maybe that is why they stopped doing the polishing orb and cast stove event.

This has been said before and will say it again. Communication is one of the biggest issues with this game. Why can't the devs give you an answer as to why they will not do this?
        Last edited by R262181389; 01-15-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

just send r2 recipt for new mouse cuz of the clicking action of mouse they soon add a bulk use when all players ask for cash for new mouse hahahaha

Comment

its slim to none that r2 will give this to players we have been asking for along time the devs don't listen to players and many times they don't read the tickets I have seen this by the response they give if they bother to send a reply at all .

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post

Wait what? This got a hard no because it got pushed so hard? So the more players suggest something, the less likely chance of it happening? Isn't that contradicting what you said about the more players that speak up about something, the better?

What is so bad about adding a use in bulk option?
              Reading between the lines...and maybe incorrectly...I think this is tied in somehow to the perception of player spend.

For something like clothing shards, that Hot Events let us use now 150 at a time to get clothing sets...but the game has tapered off availability of these drastically...it's still of practical value to save these to reach the plateau for the maxed rewards (the clothing sets that come with titles, within the Hot Events rewards).

For whatever reason, with Fun Coins, perhaps the idea is the devs don't want people saving up to get those top rewards plateaus. Don't ask me why. This time it makes little sense. I am absolutely certain early on that, in spite of the double-click difficulty (maybe they think that's a "fun" challenge?) a few spendy players on my server were buying enough to max out server rewards, and more Fun Coins were getting used. But, people get tired having to spend over an hour on a game day clicking on items to get rewards. It gets old. People stopped. Server rewards are obviously down a lot. The devs are costing themselves a ton on this. If they want to argue they don't want everyone getting big rewards for free (gee, now THERE is great self-promotion for the game!), the argument is proved wrong by just how many have stopped on this event from making planned spends just on one server cluster, and, to be frank, I think some were so upset by it that the top spenders on the server retired. This is a symptom of a larger issue, which you're alluding to with your remark.

I still think the more who speak up, the better.
              I still know MemoryLane is in our corner.
              I also believe there are times where we have to pick our battles, and this one cause of righteous ire is still sometimes not worth hurting the game in larger ways right now.
              I still expect the devs can do so much better by us, in so many ways, and careless overdevelopment is useless without a smooth and working foundation of the game experience, and if they want spend, minor adjustments of this sort deserve to be their pleasure to make, instead of their joy to hold over our heads until we're all so frustrated with them and their foibles that we simple move off to another game.

And, for the spenders, their money speaks to a certain point. Here and elsewhere. Make this game too annoying, and their wallet will get respect elsewhere in the competitive world of on-line gaming.

Maybe, someday, it'll be time to press this issue again, and the common sense and simplicity of the request will get the swift action it deserves. For a fix that probably will take them only a few minutes of coding, and will be bundled in with quality testing of the whole game so as not to really impact it much at all...the devs have spent more time already pushing back needlessly than they'd have used in making a complete fix on this one...then complain they can't do more because they don't have time. Well..."done right first time" and "quality is job one" are things they should embrace, then by virtue of getting this stuff off their plates forever, they'd be able to do better work and more of it. For now, let's agree the forum has its place, and we have to just keep this issue around long enough for it to be in vogue at the right time with the devs looking at what they can do to improve. They've already spent more time on this that an early and complete fix would have used, and will spend more than that again just by not addressing this simple issue. The players ALL want this, and it's not going away unless Fun Coins do. Penalizing us for saving them, when forcing us to save things like Clothing Shards or Mount Whips for better rewards, is just stupid. But, 7Road owns the game, and they make their choices....

Comment

What is so bad about adding a use in bulk option? I guess it's they don't want the players saving so many coins, they want us to use them up as soon as we get them because they don't want us getting the top tier rewards in rave. And I am guessing that this one of the reasons why they don't give us more inventory space, they don't want us saving stuff, especially for events. Maybe that is why they stopped doing the polishing orb and cast stove event.

This has been said before and will say it again. Communication is one of the biggest issues with this game. Why can't the devs give you an answer as to why they will not do this?
                The bit you quoted was in response to Centaur's wondering why this one got a no at all.

This did not get a hard no BECAUSE it got pushed hard. I pushed hard, and then asked for a response, and out of the norm for the devs, they gave a response because I kept pushing, and that response was "not going to happen". If I hadn't been pushing, we never would have been told that the devs had declined this suggestion. They declined this back in August, they just don't normally give feedback on suggestions. I shared that decision with you all because you all keep complaining there's no communication. What I will not do is waste my time on pestering some poor customer service person at R2 to find out why the devs said no. All that is going to accomplish is us going back to 'the devs will not provide feedback on suggestions' that we had before.

You all are more than welcome to continue to post about bulk use fun coins. I have no problem with that. Just know, that the answer was "not going to happen". It's probably a good time to shift focus onto a different suggestion, like maybe having a box in Rave, like there is for mounts, sylphs, euds, that lets you input the number of fun coins you want to use. The devs have not said no to that suggestion, yet. Or maybe, a button in Rave that will let you use x10 and x100 fun coins. That's one that hasn't been forwarded along, so hasn't gotten turned down yet either. There's other ways to attack this than to nitpick an actual reply from the devs in the hopes they will see the error of their ways.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

The bit you quoted was in response to Centaur's wondering why this one got a no at all.

This did not get a hard no BECAUSE it got pushed hard. I pushed hard, and then asked for a response, and out of the norm for the devs, they gave a response because I kept pushing, and that response was "not going to happen". If I hadn't been pushing, we never would have been told that the devs had declined this suggestion. They declined this back in August, they just don't normally give feedback on suggestions. I shared that decision with you all because you all keep complaining there's no communication. What I will not do is waste my time on pestering some poor customer service person at R2 to find out why the devs said no. All that is going to accomplish is us going back to 'the devs will not provide feedback on suggestions' that we had before.

You all are more than welcome to continue to post about bulk use fun coins. I have no problem with that. Just know, that the answer was "not going to happen". It's probably a good time to shift focus onto a different suggestion, like maybe having a box in Rave, like there is for mounts, sylphs, euds, that lets you input the number of fun coins you want to use. The devs have not said no to that suggestion, yet. Or maybe, a button in Rave that will let you use x10 and x100 fun coins. That's one that hasn't been forwarded along, so hasn't gotten turned down yet either. There's other ways to attack this than to nitpick an actual reply from the devs in the hopes they will see the error of their ways.
                  I know that was a response to centaurs post and doesn't change anything about what I posted.

So what happened to the more people that suggest something, the better chance of it happening? So adding a use in bulk option is not going to happen. But the devs haven't said no to a box in rave that lets you input the number of coins to use. Ok that is great but what is the difference. And how much extra work do they cause for themselves by not adding a simple suggestion?

Again communication is one of the biggest issues with this game, and not with you memorylane but with the devs. This suggestion got turned down in august but yet you didn't find out until recently.

Comment

It's probably a good time to shift focus onto a different suggestion, like maybe having a box in Rave, like there is for mounts, sylphs, euds, that lets you input the number of fun coins you want to use. The devs have not said no to that suggestion, yet. Or maybe, a button in Rave that will let you use x10 and x100 fun coins. That's one that hasn't been forwarded along, so hasn't gotten turned down yet either. There's other ways to attack this than to nitpick an actual reply from the devs in the hopes they will see the error of their ways.
                    Thanks for being more than simply a great moderator, but someone able to step back a pace and give us a constructive way to attempt to get us something similar which we probably would find exactly as useful.

I'll live in hope that some option allows us bulk use. The devs' lack of understanding on this one, though, is a bit breathtaking...I'll leave the search for additional adjectives to others, who, in frustration, deserve adjectives to use.

Comment

I know that was a response to centaurs post and doesn't change anything about what I posted.

So what happened to the more people that suggest something, the better chance of it happening? So adding a use in bulk option is not going to happen. But the devs haven't said no to a box in rave that lets you input the number of coins to use. Ok that is great but what is the difference. And how much extra work do they cause for themselves by not adding a simple suggestion?

Again communication is one of the biggest issues with this game, and not with you memorylane but with the devs. This suggestion got turned down in august but yet you didn't find out until recently.
                      The more people voice their opinion on a subject, the more likely that it is the devs will listen. It's never a guarantee that the devs will implement a suggestion. It's their game, and they have reasons for doing what they do. They are not obligated to tell us why. I don't know of any dev company that actually explains why they aren't doing something, that wasn't just a PR piece. If you want, I can totally write up a PR piece for why not having bulk use fun coins makes complete sense, and then have the devs approve it to be posted, if you really need answers that will make no impact on the final decision.

There's two scenarios that could most likely be the real reason for why they went with no. One is the cash factor - recharging and spending balens gets you up the reward tiers quickly, and fun coins can be used to supplement that, but if you want it for free then you'll have to click for it. The devs would never say something like that, because it looks bad. Another reason could be that maybe we won't have fun coins in a future patch, and so the devs won't spend the time to make adjustments if it's just going away later. The game being ever evolving, nothing we have is 100% guaranteed to still be a part of the game in the future. The devs would also never tell us about that, because things planned in advance can often change. Do keep in mind, I am a volunteer, I am not a dev, and the only response the devs have given to this suggestion is "bulk use fun coin is not going to happen" - direct quote - and the rest is just my speculation. In other words, there's nothing to read between the lines in this post.

Other suggestions made on this subject could be completely pointless. Or maybe one suggestion will make more sense to the devs in terms of whatever it is they envision for this particular event and they will implement it. There's a ton of suggestions on the forum that I haven't forwarded in a while, and others that have never been forwarded because no one will post on them. There's a lot of good ones. Guild Siege threads are great to visit, as that one is front and center at the moment with the devs, they really want you to like that event so they are listening to the feedback there.

Comment

guess they never gonna do it as topic start date is 03-3-2017..

Comment

Originally posted by R22289894 View Post
                          guess they never gonna do it as topic start date is 03-3-2017..
                          Never is a long time.

This isn't like a request that the game pay out twice as much money as you put in. It's simple, reasonable, helps game play, and if you help game play enough, it encourages players to stay longer and spend more. Whatever other reasoning the devs may have, those things have reason to prevail eventually, if you can find a palatable way of putting the request across.

So, of the kind of alternatives that MemoryLane mentioned to get the same thing, which sounds most appealing?

Since it's already done for Whips, what about a box that lets you input a quantity of the Fun Coins and then click on something. I like that idea most.

Comment

a well auto clicker also handy :P

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                              just send r2 recipt for new mouse cuz of the clicking action of mouse they soon add a bulk use when all players ask for cash for new mouse hahahaha
                              I got a stockpile of 50 mice on a good deal (was a price of $2.00 each) during a sale at my favorite electronics store.

Welp, I had been away for a long while to even check from time to time. However, I am fairly disappointed in the developer's response in giving a hard "no" to this without a valid rebuttal as to why. I think the majority of the members (players won't visit the forums because they feel nothing gets done, so I will just concentrate on the small circle that gave an active discussion) had placed their bits, including one citing a valid reason for using an auto-clicker (yes, something like this is a valid reason).

Personally, I would think that this is one of the times where a bulk use should have been placed in the first place without the need for this discussion. However, I had saw it as an oversight that I felt, as a player, I should bring into the light in hoping it would be corrected.

I guess it's just me as I had lost all faith in this game now.
                              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

coming up to 3 years and r2 is for the players I don't think so bulk use is hard for them to compute just like every good suggestion in game they don't listen who are we we nothing but puppets to be played with and messed up they never mess up taking money for balens :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X