Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

R2Client Issue Survey #2

To contribute to making the R2Client better, please click here to take a survey.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Screen shot required... new note

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screen shot required... new note

    Here is what AN IDIOT posted... obviously we can not be seeing whats in the future.. but this IDIOT seems to think we can... or speak chinesse...who the *** wants to speak chinesse
    ,,, anyways.. this idiots says take a screen shoot of what you cant see happening till its to late... I urge everyone to to ignore anything this idiots says... here I will paste for ya to show how stupid he /it/she truely is



    Screenshots Required!

    Every report we have attempted to submit has been kicked back to us with a request for a screenshot or a video, and a character name and server. This results in every report being delayed. To speed things up, only reports that include a screenshot will be forwarded.


    A screenshot is now required to be included in a bug report. The inclusion of a character name and server will prevent us from having to delay the report should we be asked to provide one. In the event privacy is of a concern, the character name and server may be sent via private message to any moderator or mentor with a link to the thread that contains the screenshot.



    Videos are included as an option, but are only necessary when a screenshot will not accurately display the situation being experienced, such as when a specific series of actions must be performed to encounter the bug, or in cases where a skill is not functioning properly. Screen recording programs, and tutorials on how they are used, can be found on the internet. This is not implying that players should record all game play.

    Screenshots should include the entire area in which the bug is encountered. For example, if the bug is inside a panel, the entire panel, including all of the edges and the header, needs to be present in the screenshot. An arrow or a box that points to the specific part of the panel with the issue is appreciated. Text should not be written over the screenshot unless it is to point out a specific instruction needed to reproduce the bug.

    For the "nothing happens" situations where a screenshot is not technically possible, take a screenshot of the point that precedes the bug encounter. Example: When clicking on a cross server player's name, and clicking on Add Friend results in nothing happening, take a screenshot of the chat window with the Add Friend option open.

    Detailed instructions on how to take a screenshot can be found by visiting Take A Screenshot and selecting the appropriate tab for your device. In the event a device is incapable of taking a screenshot, screenshot programs, and tutorials on how to use them, can be found on the internet.

    If the screenshot fails to upload to the forum, it is either too big or in a format not compatible with the forum. Crop the image down to only what is needed, and/or save the image as a .jpg, and try again. Another option is to upload the screenshot to an image hosting service, such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com, and paste the link to the image in the thread.

    We are filtered again!! Read what that means for you.

    R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
    Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link or through HelpShift.

    For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.
    Help is just a shout away, please be kind to your fellow players... we all have the devs to deal with so thats enough pain and suffering

  • #2
    You could have just linked it. http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....shots-Required!

    I thought I did an adequate job of explaining why we need screenshots, and what to do when you have nothing to take a screenshot of. Apparently I'm too much of an idiot to convey my thoughts in a way everyone can understand.

    You are free to ignore that post and proceed directly to the ticket form for any issues you may be experiencing. Good luck.

    Thread moved as it is not a bug report or a support issue.

    Sincerely,
    The Stupid Idiot.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

    Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

    Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

    Rules of the Forum are found here.

    R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

    Comment


    • #3
      The only idiots I know of are the support elves and the developer themselves. The mods would just post on their behalf and most of the time won't even know what is being posted until much later.

      That being said, it's not that hard in getting a screenshot. Average computers that run one account can accomplish this. I run five within any dive so my requirements are a bit higher when it comes to the screenshot and bug report. The video is often the problem because since I am nearly taxing my resources (thanks to the devs for making the game elements a bit higher that takes on more memory), I had to keep my fingers crossed and hope it didn't shut down hard (Win 10 has a failsafe where it shuts off in a blink of an eye after a certain threshold has been exceeded) on me so I can get it out there.

      I, too, had a hard time trying to digest on how the devs can test something when they know it is all jacked up. I don't even work in their offices, but I can point out some performance problems that really needs addressing and evaluatory testing to be done so it can be fixed and players can get back to what they were doing. And yet, each maint note I see is something that is totally minor that I know it doesn't take a week to ensure a fix as I would think could correct itself after a reset.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

      Comment


      • #4
        nah the developers and support are just bunch of lazy mofos that wants to make it hard for us and they can go to the back room and say hahaha....
        the screen shot needs to be taken first but how can that be done when the issue already past , for exampe teh world chat they wanted me to post a screen shot of that when there was no damn way i can get taht screen shot from the hacker or abuser. so in short , the developers and support elves are either very lazy or just plain idiotic morons that is scated to read about what we have to say about them on this forum.
        thats why i am waiting for my covenant and vip to run out and quitting this stupid game. I have better things to do than to deal with their unprofessionalism.

        Comment


        • #5
          Let's take a moment to remember the devs are the game's developer, 7Road as it says on the splash screen, and R2 is the publisher. The developer is it's own company, not employed by R2, and so no, they do not read this forum. The devs are responsible for fixing things, and support is responsible for making sure the devs know what needs to be fixed. R2 relies on the mods to forward things from the forum, since support is working on tickets, and does not have time to be reading the forum. The devs demand the screenshots, so support passes on that demand to us.

          They want a screenshot for everything because it eliminates the language barrier, and because it's impossible to play all the way through all of the content on every single bug report, in the hopes that just the right combination of pixels comes together to encounter the issue. I do not like asking for screenshots, nor do I think players should be responsible for taking them. However, the devs require one, so whether we like it or not, we either do it when reporting something, or we don't complain when 'it's broken, fix it' didn't result in 'it' being fixed.

          There is always something to take a screenshot of. Sometimes you have to get a little creative with it. As long as it's in the general area of what you need them to be looking at, it still counts as a screenshot. In these cases, you just need to be as descriptive as possible in as few words as possible. Going facts only, step by step, is far better than the run on insulting rampage a lot of people put in their tickets or on the forum, and then they wonder why their issues weren't taken care of. The devs don't care how you feel, they just want information and a screenshot. Save the venting for the automated ticket closure response.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

          Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

          Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

          Rules of the Forum are found here.

          R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Let's take a moment to remember the devs are the game's developer, 7Road as it says on the splash screen, and R2 is the publisher. The developer is it's own company, not employed by R2, and so no, they do not read this forum. The devs are responsible for fixing things, and support is responsible for making sure the devs know what needs to be fixed. R2 relies on the mods to forward things from the forum, since support is working on tickets, and does not have time to be reading the forum. The devs demand the screenshots, so support passes on that demand to us.

            They want a screenshot for everything because it eliminates the language barrier, and because it's impossible to play all the way through all of the content on every single bug report, in the hopes that just the right combination of pixels comes together to encounter the issue. I do not like asking for screenshots, nor do I think players should be responsible for taking them. However, the devs require one, so whether we like it or not, we either do it when reporting something, or we don't complain when 'it's broken, fix it' didn't result in 'it' being fixed.

            There is always something to take a screenshot of. Sometimes you have to get a little creative with it. As long as it's in the general area of what you need them to be looking at, it still counts as a screenshot. In these cases, you just need to be as descriptive as possible in as few words as possible. Going facts only, step by step, is far better than the run on insulting rampage a lot of people put in their tickets or on the forum, and then they wonder why their issues weren't taken care of. The devs don't care how you feel, they just want information and a screenshot. Save the venting for the automated ticket closure response.
            so you mean to tell me its hard for them 7road developers to take 10 min out of their time to come and read on this forum about our complaints and issues or better yet test the damn game out themselves before releasing it out to the players?? or can they read no english at all .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
              so you mean to tell me its hard for them 7road developers to take 10 min out of their time to come and read on this forum about our complaints and issues or better yet test the damn game out themselves before releasing it out to the players?? or can they read no english at all .
              Reading up on bug reports on the forums is a lot more than a 10-minute endeavor. And many of the devs do not speak English, at least not fluently.
              Their QA does leave a lot to be desired, but screenshots can add a lot of clarity. I work in support and send defects to a development team, and we use screenshots all the time, even without any language barrier.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've done a lot of QA in the past to even know that there are groups of people that make up the support and development teams. It's more than 10 minutes, but doesn't take too long to fire off a request that will be accepted by the programming teams to assign their techs for testing and replication. At least, from where I used to work (THQ), we had a queuing system with priority rating.

                Currently, I run my own provisional network to guests that would come and dock to use the internet (timed to prevent parking lots and hogs) that I have to make sure it is in top running condition at all times. I would get requests about programs that people want to download that is currently restricted by the network firewall, that I test such on a DMZ based system that gets overhauled weekly and give it my approval rating based on cyber threat analysis.

                This is one of me in managing and maintaining his own network. 7Road has a lot of people that they could take the time to really check how their games are doing. In THQ, we had the console department as well as the mobile department with their own set of people that do testing and programming. To see the performance problems of 7Road escalate with each patch release of their games leaves me thinking if they had an adequate team to really test.

                Then comes the test servers bit. Nothing can be wrapped up within one week's worth of testing and feedback.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
                  so you mean to tell me its hard for them 7road developers to take 10 min out of their time to come and read on this forum about our complaints and issues or better yet test the damn game out themselves before releasing it out to the players?? or can they read no english at all .
                  I understand where you're coming from on this one. If R2's Wartune the was the only place that you could find Wartune, and English the only language you could find it in, and Wartune the only game they developed, I am sure the developer would have 10 minutes to scroll through the topics on this forum and see which are the most popular. However, R2 is not the only publisher, and this game isn't only in English, and the original version is not in English, which means the test server the devs use is the Chinese version. There's differences between the Chinese version and the English version, and differences between the English version and other language versions. The devs probably do test the Chinese version, but some of the bugs we have are a result of the differences, so the bugs are not present in the Chinese version. For this reason, screenshots and video get sent so the devs can see exactly where things might have gone wrong for us.

                  Does that make sense?
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                  Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                  Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                  Rules of the Forum are found here.

                  R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                    Let's take a moment to remember the devs are the game's developer, 7Road as it says on the splash screen, and R2 is the publisher. The developer is it's own company, not employed by R2, and so no, they do not read this forum. The devs are responsible for fixing things, and support is responsible for making sure the devs know what needs to be fixed. R2 relies on the mods to forward things from the forum, since support is working on tickets, and does not have time to be reading the forum. The devs demand the screenshots, so support passes on that demand to us.

                    They want a screenshot for everything because it eliminates the language barrier, and because it's impossible to play all the way through all of the content on every single bug report, in the hopes that just the right combination of pixels comes together to encounter the issue. I do not like asking for screenshots, nor do I think players should be responsible for taking them. However, the devs require one, so whether we like it or not, we either do it when reporting something, or we don't complain when 'it's broken, fix it' didn't result in 'it' being fixed.

                    There is always something to take a screenshot of. Sometimes you have to get a little creative with it. As long as it's in the general area of what you need them to be looking at, it still counts as a screenshot. In these cases, you just need to be as descriptive as possible in as few words as possible. Going facts only, step by step, is far better than the run on insulting rampage a lot of people put in their tickets or on the forum, and then they wonder why their issues weren't taken care of. The devs don't care how you feel, they just want information and a screenshot. Save the venting for the automated ticket closure response.
                    Why can't R2, or the developers post known reported issues on a forum somewhere. Once its reported other people can vote to confirm or other people can share their screenshots?
                    It seems silly to file a ticket if 400 other people have filed one for the same issue.
                    This game has been ongoing for over 4 years, and we're still doing tickets and filing tickets for the first time.

                    I would like R2 put a known or reported forum section where users can vote they've seen it.

                    Tech-software companies share info on known bugs and other people chime in if they have the same experience, sometimes filing ticket to R2 is like talking to a black box.
                    Last edited by Takashi007x; 04-09-2017, 01:25 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
                      Why can't R2, or the developers post known reported issues on a forum somewhere. Once its reported other people can vote to confirm or other people can share their screenshots?
                      It seems silly to file a ticket if 400 other people have filed one for the same issue.
                      This game has been ongoing for over 4 years, and we're still doing tickets and filing tickets for the first time.

                      I would like R2 put a known or reported forum section where users can vote they've seen it.

                      Tech-software companies share info on known bugs and other people chime in if they have the same experience, sometimes filing ticket to R2 is like talking to a black box.
                      I presume you've seen the Mega Bug Thread? The whole point of that thread was so that a player who came across a bug could create a new thread as usual, and then post basic information as outlined in the Mega Bug Thread as a reply, with a link to the stand alone thread. The entry would be edited into the first post, and anyone who found a bug could scroll through the list real quick to see if it had already been reported, and if so, where the thread is that they can add their contribution to, or just simply know that it was already reported. The threads were Sanguine's dream of opening up communication, while simultaneously keeping pressure on everyone at R2 to try to get things taken off the ever growing list, a list we hit the word count limit on, twice.

                      However, these Mega Bug threads around the forum were delegated to the mods. It was to be our responsibility to maintain the thread, to forward things in the thread, to hound R2 for updates on all of the reports because once it's posted, people tend to want it fixed immediately. Then I lost all of the Wartune mods, and now am down to 8 mods across the entire forum, with half being part time for a variety of reasons, with no forum active people willing to take the role, understandably. I am the mod for all games that don't have mods, and I don't have the time to keep up with the Mega Bug threads for all of the games. Staff at R2 doesn't have the time to maintain the threads themselves either. Keep in mind, all of the red named people who post announcements, except my special account, are the same people answering tickets across multiple games. The support department does not have that many people in it.

                      It would be nice if R2 would communicate every issue they come across in a ticket. I would happily post such a list if it were that simple. It would be nice if the devs would provide information on things that are included in a maintenance patch, or a hint for which bugs they were prioritizing and which bugs they won't ever be able to fix, as it's as much a surprise to R2 as it is to us. I wish I could say I was hopeful that this could happen in the future, but it's not going to. The only thing that could feasibly happen is a super dedicated soul signs up to be a mod who makes it their mission to stay on top of all of the bugs in the game.
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                      Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                      Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                      Rules of the Forum are found here.

                      R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        mods, I sarcastically respond to many things,,,i know you do your best. ....mega bug thread = mega ignore issues = you are wrong and the problem is yours = we are infallible = r2 response

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                          Sincerely,
                          The Stupid Idiot.
                          haha
                          from all the mods and mentors here, you are the only one i can tolerate.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by halo94 View Post
                            mods, I sarcastically respond to many things,,,i know you do your best. ....mega bug thread = mega ignore issues = you are wrong and the problem is yours = we are infallible = r2 response
                            You forgot to include a screenshot.

                            Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                            haha
                            from all the mods and mentors here, you are the only one i can tolerate.
                            Probably mutual.
                            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                            Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                            Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                            Rules of the Forum are found here.

                            R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                              I understand where you're coming from on this one. If R2's Wartune the was the only place that you could find Wartune, and English the only language you could find it in, and Wartune the only game they developed, I am sure the developer would have 10 minutes to scroll through the topics on this forum and see which are the most popular. However, R2 is not the only publisher, and this game isn't only in English, and the original version is not in English, which means the test server the devs use is the Chinese version. There's differences between the Chinese version and the English version, and differences between the English version and other language versions. The devs probably do test the Chinese version, but some of the bugs we have are a result of the differences, so the bugs are not present in the Chinese version. For this reason, screenshots and video get sent so the devs can see exactly where things might have gone wrong for us.
                              Does that make sense?
                              so have these idiots create a different team for the english version rather than have the same team dealing with the english version or are they too damn cheap to hire another team that handles the english version of this game. ahhh dont matter anyways cause i almost done with this game after my vip runs out . its like trying to reason with a damn teenager to get things done .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X