Screen shot required... new note

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
    so have these idiots create a different team for the english version rather than have the same team dealing with the english version or are they too damn cheap to hire another team that handles the english version of this game. ahhh dont matter anyways cause i almost done with this game after my vip runs out . its like trying to reason with a damn teenager to get things done .
    I can type it, but I can't force you to read it. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

"A picture is worth a thousand words"
      Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
      Reading up on bug reports on the forums is a lot more than a 10-minute endeavor. And many of the devs do not speak English, at least not fluently.
      Their QA does leave a lot to be desired, but screenshots can add a lot of clarity. I work in support and send defects to a development team, and we use screenshots all the time, even without any language barrier.
      Character Name: Chris1909
      Class: Mage
      Server: US West

Comment

A video is worth a million, and some resources of your computer to make. Most of the time, I would make screenshots of the problem; only few of the time I would make a video (when it comes to pointing out a performance issue that needs to be addressed).
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Some things are easier to show in a video. If it's more than a click here, instant encounter of the issue, then you either need to be really good at writing clear and concise instructions, with multiple screenshots, or you need a video.

It isn't just the game devs that want screenshots. I am having an issue with a peripheral device and I need to send in a screenshot of the error I am getting, and that's straight from the manufacturer, not third party support.

Sometimes screenshots don't make sense or really aren't possible because the opportunity has passed, and in those cases, I do understand the frustration, but there's still ways to grab relevant screenshots. Mods can help you figure out what to take a screenshot of.

The intent of the thread wasn't to inconvenience anyone. It's always been the first thing asked for when contacting support.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Understood, and I know where you come from. When I built my network, I would make a schematic of such beforehand; the cables I have in the home are brand new Cat 6E plenum cabling with Systemax Jack and Patch paneling that will take a 1 gig Ethernet. Software, you know my story on why I will only utilize certain types while try to make an effort to test those unknown to me for a definitive listing. I also do maintenance at my network, practically on the same day R2 does theirs (through the night). There are times where video and screenshot may be accompanied with a benchmark test (as in network ping, loopback testing, and trace routing) that sometimes I would test a variety of IP/web addresses and gather findings from there to be sent. Sometimes hangups happen on the network equipment that I either remotely or physically restart them. In the telecom industry, I would just yank the provider card off the box, give it a few moments, and then reseat it; sometimes taking a picture to be sent through email to the folks who are remotely doing the support since I am their eyes and ears at the site.

So, basically, I truly understand the importance of such. I used to be moderator for another gaming site that gets involved with the players by helping them nail those who violate the rules in a game with resources within my reach (and pretty much pinpoint accuracy of within a few minutes). Those times had come and gone for me as the game is nearing to be closed out (and their support is no longer active).

Now, we just got to get developer cooperation as that is key. The players can and will report all there is and send tons of supporting data (video or screen shot or both); however, without developer cooperation, the players will get frustrated with each passing day; especially those who put forth their money and expect a product in return.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
            X