Attacking other players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking other players

Why can someone at level 80 and BR 14,263,571 attack me level 77 BR 302,939 just because I'm only 3 levels below him when I can't attack a guy level 60 BR 297,703? Yes, I'm 17 levels above him, but I'm only 5000 higher as far as BR goes. I didn't get to watch the replay, but with 14 million more BR than me, he probably didn't even have to attack... my guys just fell from fear...

The level limit for plunders is horribly outdated. It ignores basically 2/3 of the levels that exist now, so level 80 encompasses fully 67% of the different levels you can have.
    They should do away with plunders completely, though - they were never a good idea, and their main purposes now are probably for devotion and to harass weaker players.

Comment

There will be those who don't have the balls to attack someone their own size because they fear they will lose the 800k gold and/or 4k kyanite that they could have gained (I get millions of gold every 2 days, and thousands of kyanite every week). I have no problem attacking targets (especially of the same guild as I focus all my torps on that) that are either lower or higher than me as the attempt is the same for devotion; but I do it to send a message that I am not to be messed with. Just recently, for one guild, I managed to find 21 targets that I can hit silly with my crew (yep, a few days of intel and Excel management will do that to a guy); so if said person from that guild messes with me again, 21 of his or her members will feel the impact. No threat will shrug me off as I will lock-on and fire; because I know there are only 5 of my guys, each with a 2 hour CD if got hit (and if I choose to keep it or retaliate), that people will have to wait to try again.

But don't fret, do what I do and go after ones in that guild that you can hit. Another profiteering way is to invest your gold in animals (you get full value when you sell them) before logging off so they will only get a small amount while you can hit a few careless ones for large returns.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

i'm with MrFancyPants,plundering needs to be updated or just
        get rid of the shet,it's just a way for the asshat players to harass
        people for no reason.

and I know there are players that "hunt" others just to screw with them.

Comment

Hey, I "hunt" with the entire payload after my units were hit. I have become understanding when it was just one to get the devote, but when you have someone who expel their attempts to get an easy fix, then all guns are pointed to their guild. Of course, I do get the virtual threats which feed me some more as I am always up for another round of war that they just back down after a few strikes.

However, it does need to be updated or done away with.

Comment

Originally posted by mpartain763 View Post
            Why can someone at level 80 and BR 14,263,571 attack me level 77 BR 302,939 just because I'm only 3 levels below him when I can't attack a guy level 60 BR 297,703? Yes, I'm 17 levels above him, but I'm only 5000 higher as far as BR goes. I didn't get to watch the replay, but with 14 million more BR than me, he probably didn't even have to attack... my guys just fell from fear...
            When plundering other players you can not attack anyone either 10 levels higher or lower then you. So a Lv 80 player can attack anyone from Lv 71 - 80. Since you are Lv 77 you can attack anyone from LV 68 -80.
            When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

Originally posted by X-23 View Post
              When plundering other players you can not attack anyone either 10 levels higher or lower then you. So a Lv 80 player can attack anyone from Lv 71 - 80. Since you are Lv 77 you can attack anyone from LV 68 -80.
              I think he meant that plundering should be fixed so KH players cannot attack CA or regular level players, and vice versa. It's basically a flaw since a KH that is level 80 can go out and attack regular players who are level 71 and up; or it should have been done away with since too much animosity has come about. Myself, I could care less because I see red when someone hits my outpost that I will hit their entire guild with everything; when no one hits me, I just rest and do my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                I think he meant that plundering should be fixed so KH players cannot attack CA or regular level players, and vice versa. It's basically a flaw since a KH that is level 80 can go out and attack regular players who are level 71 and up; or it should have been done away with since too much animosity has come about. Myself, I could care less because I see red when someone hits my outpost that I will hit their entire guild with everything; when no one hits me, I just rest and do my thing.
                It is not so easy to fix. There will always be players that will rush to KH with very low BR and will think it is unfair for most KH players will be stronger then them leaving them with little or no one to plunder. You also have players that will camp and stay under level 80 to bring their BR up to 10+ mill making them untouchable to other players near their level or to other players near their BR that is KH.

Comment

Originally posted by X-23 View Post
                  It is not so easy to fix. There will always be players that will rush to KH with very low BR and will think it is unfair for most KH players will be stronger then them leaving them with little or no one to plunder. You also have players that will camp and stay under level 80 to bring their BR up to 10+ mill making them untouchable to other players near their level or to other players near their BR that is KH.
                  With what you just said there, that's like allowing a Lambo or McLaren into a race along with only Yugos on the track. 10 million BR on a regular level? You must be really joking, right? I have yet to meet a player who is under 80 with that number. 1 or 2 million BR, maybe, but not 10 million considering you can only go up as much in regular (level 70 leg) eq, astrals, etc.

And saying it's "unfair" to KH as they won't have anyone is not going to fly with me. They just don't have the sack to go up against one another because they are worried on their losses. When I go against a guild, I take my wins and losses (and recorded all BRs of my targets) so when I am done for the day, I have a list of folks (at or around my AVG BR as I calc'd for all my deployed units) to go after should things get heated; I threw back the low BRs into the ocean and keep my eye on the bigger BR ones.

Bottom line, the devs don't really give a s<expletive>t and are too lazy to fix things, else the majority of the game breaking things would be fixed right about now. They rather call in an emergency maint to fix a translation error than to address something that frustrate players to no end, like getting constantly kicked out of MPDs.

Comment

With what you just said there, that's like allowing a Lambo or McLaren into a race along with only Yugos on the track. 10 million BR on a regular level? You must be really joking, right? I have yet to meet a player who is under 80 with that number. 1 or 2 million BR, maybe, but not 10 million considering you can only go up as much in regular (level 70 leg) eq, astrals, etc.

And saying it's "unfair" to KH as they won't have anyone is not going to fly with me. They just don't have the sack to go up against one another because they are worried on their losses. When I go against a guild, I take my wins and losses (and recorded all BRs of my targets) so when I am done for the day, I have a list of folks (at or around my AVG BR as I calc'd for all my deployed units) to go after should things get heated; I threw back the low BRs into the ocean and keep my eye on the bigger BR ones.

Bottom line, the devs don't really give a s<expletive>t and are too lazy to fix things, else the majority of the game breaking things would be fixed right about now. They rather call in an emergency maint to fix a translation error than to address something that frustrate players to no end, like getting constantly kicked out of MPDs.
                    Why is it that you think a player can't have high br under L80. I was L74 and had 3m br because of hard work spent on my toon. I finally decided to go to L80 at 4m br.

Plundering has always been a game feature and now is needed for devo. Some will plunder no matter what the reason especially if someone offends them in some way, you only loose max gold and you don't loose kyanite it is an added bonus players get from plundering.

I am now 16m br and again from hard work.

Remember this is just a game to enjoy it.
                    The Borg Collective
                    S526 Ghostwood Downs

Resistance is Futile you will Comply

Comment

10 million BR on a regular level? You must be really joking, right? I have yet to meet a player who is under 80 with that number. 1 or 2 million BR, maybe, but not 10 million considering you can only go up as much in regular (level 70 leg) eq, astrals, etc.
                      There are some players that will sit and camp, but even tho they are limited in some things there is a lot of things they can do to build up BR such as clothing, mounts, titles, sylph and eudaemon to name a few. It does take them a long time to build up BR in this way but it can be done I have seen it.

And saying it's "unfair" to KH as they won't have anyone is not going to fly with me.
                      I did not say all of KH I said "There will always be players that will rush to KH with very low BR and will think it is unfair for most KH players will be stronger then them leaving them with little or no one to plunder." So basically the players that are not even 1 mill BR that is KH will say it is not fair.

Comment

Well, if they rush, that it will be on them and not the rest. If I remembered correctly, one cannot get to CA without completing the final quest and talking to Brad to get the milestone. The same goes for KH (I am on the second one in terms of getting the talents done on them) as I am sure one has to talk to him to activate it. So on both, there are fail safes; as I have said it, if a person rushes to it, then it's on them. There shouldn't be a reason why a level 71 regular should be plundered by someone who is either CA or KH with no way of getting back at them other than attacking someone from their guild that is around their level.

Also if my logic serves me right, the following are still true if such a system is fixed:
                        • Win or lose, a plunder still counts as part of the devotion. A low KH can hit another KH to get the devote. I've done it before with my test character and I let the person know it was for devote even though I lost.
                        • For 4,000 Kyanite (on a level 80 hit), you can get 10k+ either by farming, opening spire chests (most do a full run), and now opening chests from speed clearance.
                        • For 800,000 gold (on a level 80 hit), you can get much more through events, certain MPDs, winning central crystal war rounds, opening speed clearance chests, and much more.
                        • There are FIVE active zones, and if a server is not completely dead, that means there are folks who are hopping about to get their Archaeology done. Full recharges costs 50 balens (unbound/bound) a piece. Done that before, too, when I was on the "hunt".
                        • These zones are 200 x 200 a piece, meaning it will take a short amount of time than if you had to deal with 3000 x 3000 as with the old system.
                        But, hey, if someone thinks that starting a war is worth 4 million gold and 20k kyanite on a flawed system, then I am open for such as I am known to bring the party and using all his payload while that guild will have to wait until the CD is done to get a shot back in.

Comment

If someone is plundering an active, they're a ******. Contact the guild's g m and let them know about it. There are usually several absent players you can hit and if you need the dev, you could arrange it to exchange plunders or whatever. This guy is an idiot and report him to his guild g m.

Comment

On my server cluster, there are a few guilds that agree not to plunder anyone other than those who are not in a guild. Some guilds would arrange with others when it comes to needing the devote. And, there are those who run a complete defensive operation when a member of their guild gets hit. In the past, I used to just go after a guild when one of my units were hit. Now, I just go after a guild when a greedy player (one who hits more than 1 attempt to get their "quick" fix) hits them. I used to announce it on world chat until a select few said I was "crying" (I didn't think stating my intent would equate to such, but okay, what ever helps them sleep at night, I guess), so I return fire without saying a word and let them complain. Most would get it and would tell their members to cease fire as I do not fire off just because.

Yes, there will be some of those who will be tools.

Comment

One possible idea,increase the time that
                              you are protected from another attack/plunder
                              to make it more annoying for the asshats to
                              bully a single target.if you take it up to 5 hours
                              it would be an incentive to make them look
                              elsewhere for a target.

had a jerkoff today,3 plunders in a row on
                              one character and i'm sure he'll hunt me up
                              on his other character.with a 5 hour protection
                              it would take all day for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X