Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Need a new (or rather a) source for bound balens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a new (or rather a) source for bound balens

    Mines are non-existent, and the only reliable source is devo, which is only 100bb a day if you can do all the events. With merged skill skills being astronomically high, we need another source for bb. Old dimensions gave out a lot more bb on a consistant basis. Getting at most 3k bb a month, getting one good skill would take 5 months.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
    Mines are non-existent, and the only reliable source is devo, which is only 100bb a day if you can do all the events. With merged skill skills being astronomically high, we need another source for bb. Old dimensions gave out a lot more bb on a consistant basis. Getting at most 3k bb a month, getting one good skill would take 5 months.

    They are also in Spire chests, and you can buy them in the Game Box.

    As far as skill costs, I think it's cheaper to forget a skill and learn a free one. It takes more time of course, but in my opinion more economical in the long run.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

    Comment


    • #3
      I always get my dose of BBs through Spire Chests (NM ones drop 3x more than regular ones), daily check-ins, and sometimes through the game box. I don't do the 300 devo bit as it's like having a job in itself (you have to be literally on all day to complete). Yes, there are some being sold in the Game Box as well but the best way of getting a lot of nickels is through the Cloud Adventures (if you are lucky, that is).

      Sometimes, in a blue moon, you will get 1k bound balens through the Hot Events for leveling rewards. That's my take on the matter.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        Yes, this is definitely the right strategy. Clearing a skill slot is 300 bb, and you can learn a random skill at least twice a day, so you can probably get a good skill set in no more than a couple of weeks, well before you could save up enough to buy even one specific skill.

        But do look for the normal passives - there's a good chance you'll want at least one of those, and they are only 1k bb, so probably better to buy those outright.

        Also, a few other sources of bb to consider: game box can turn nickels into bb at 2:1, and that can add up to a decent return. Cloud adventure is surprisingly the best payoff for time spent. Archaeology can also give bb or nickels (nickels are actually the better deal if the drop rate is the same).
        The gift piles give the 3 balen drop fairly often (~10%), so if you are active enough to get the devotion reward, you might supplement it with the gift piles.
        So, if you're willing to do the grind, you can come up with a lot more than the 100/day, but it is pretty time-consuming.
        I had forgotten about Archaeology and Gift Piles. Thanks for adding to the list!
        "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

        R2Games Rules
        Browser Game Support

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
          They are also in Spire chests, and you can buy them in the Game Box.

          As far as skill costs, I think it's cheaper to forget a skill and learn a free one. It takes more time of course, but in my opinion more economical in the long run.
          Yes, this is definitely the right strategy. Clearing a skill slot is 300 bb, and you can learn a random skill at least twice a day, so you can probably get a good skill set in no more than a couple of weeks, well before you could save up enough to buy even one specific skill.

          But do look for the normal passives - there's a good chance you'll want at least one of those, and they are only 1k bb, so probably better to buy those outright.

          Also, a few other sources of bb to consider: game box can turn nickels into bb at 2:1, and that can add up to a decent return. Cloud adventure is surprisingly the best payoff for time spent. Archaeology can also give bb or nickels (nickels are actually the better deal if the drop rate is the same).
          The gift piles give the 3 balen drop fairly often (~10%), so if you are active enough to get the devotion reward, you might supplement it with the gift piles.
          So, if you're willing to do the grind, you can come up with a lot more than the 100/day, but it is pretty time-consuming.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            Yes, this is definitely the right strategy. Clearing a skill slot is 300 bb, and you can learn a random skill at least twice a day, so you can probably get a good skill set in no more than a couple of weeks, well before you could save up enough to buy even one specific skill.

            But do look for the normal passives - there's a good chance you'll want at least one of those, and they are only 1k bb, so probably better to buy those outright.

            Also, a few other sources of bb to consider: game box can turn nickels into bb at 2:1, and that can add up to a decent return. Cloud adventure is surprisingly the best payoff for time spent. Archaeology can also give bb or nickels (nickels are actually the better deal if the drop rate is the same).
            The gift piles give the 3 balen drop fairly often (~10%), so if you are active enough to get the devotion reward, you might supplement it with the gift piles.
            So, if you're willing to do the grind, you can come up with a lot more than the 100/day, but it is pretty time-consuming.
            I had forgotten about Archaeology and Gift Piles. Thanks for adding to the list!
            "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

            R2Games Rules
            Browser Game Support

            Comment


            • #7
              If you grind, you can average about 200bb a day. But I remember when the original dimensions gave a more steady stream of bb. 1k a week, at least. Now, mines are the stuff of legends. Arch. is time consuming and the nickels one is harder to get. And after fishing was severely nerfed, it's harder to get nickels through games. What I want to see is something done with dimensions. Maybe be able to expose entire map for 300 energy or something like that. It needs an overhaul in a lot of ways and those secret mines need to be turned into regular mines.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                If you grind, you can average about 200bb a day. But I remember when the original dimensions gave a more steady stream of bb. 1k a week, at least. Now, mines are the stuff of legends. Arch. is time consuming and the nickels one is harder to get. And after fishing was severely nerfed, it's harder to get nickels through games. What I want to see is something done with dimensions. Maybe be able to expose entire map for 300 energy or something like that. It needs an overhaul in a lot of ways and those secret mines need to be turned into regular mines.
                I don't think mines are any rarer now than they used to be, but people are finding them way less often. But I definitely agree dimensions could use an overhaul, and something that helps people find mines would be very nice. Along with speeding up the process of clearing, which is also a big grind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                  I don't think mines are any rarer now than they used to be, but people are finding them way less often. But I definitely agree dimensions could use an overhaul, and something that helps people find mines would be very nice. Along with speeding up the process of clearing, which is also a big grind.
                  I think the reason that are found less these days, came with the ability find the posts and end portal so you just have to make a direct path to them and not search all over the map for them.
                  "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

                  R2Games Rules
                  Browser Game Support

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeh they need to make dims blitzable

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm still baffled as to why some mines are "hidden" and the hidden ones aren't necessary more valuable than the visible ones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                        I'm still baffled as to why some mines are "hidden" and the hidden ones aren't necessary more valuable than the visible ones.
                        Hidden mines cost no additional energy, I believe, but are otherwise identical. They're a huge pain to find, though, since you have to wander over the whole map, and any energy savings are easily wiped out by that. I'd much rather they eliminate all "hidden" events, since hidden merchants are garbage, and mines would be so much better if we could actually find them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am all for adding balen mines to the search assist in the same fashion as finding posts and exit.

                          The rest is garbage (or makes no sense in terms of cost). I do mine for speed completions.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            3 dims done one after another 3 mines found normal ones but mines are mines ...(hope the next ones shell out also)
                            Not sure if its an oddity or the dims fairy has seen fit to bestow onto me some bb... either way I'll take it..
                            And yes had to do something I don't do.. search the whole dang floor to find em..
                            Guess I 'll be doing that more often and hope I don't fall asleep while walking around in there..
                            Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just have to get lucky...

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_40.png
Views:	1
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	1729784

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X