Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No really, what is the tiebreaker factor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No really, what is the tiebreaker factor?

It's not dps (damage) I can guarantee that. I lost 3 tiebreakers in a row in Venus and I know for a fact the last 2 my team dealt a lot more damage. I think if they are able to keep track of stats, its damage, but most of the time it's literally a coin flip. There's no other explanation for it. I know someone will write "it's dps" but if that were true my team would have won last 2 fights for sure (maybe 3).

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
    It's not dps (damage) I can guarantee that. I lost 3 tiebreakers in a row in Venus and I know for a fact the last 2 my team dealt a lot more damage. I think if they are able to keep track of stats, its damage, but most of the time it's literally a coin flip. There's no other explanation for it. I know someone will write "it's dps" but if that were true my team would have won last 2 fights for sure (maybe 3).
    What is your proof in numbers? Remember heal doesn't count or reverse the other sides damage given. It's not damage / per sec, it's total damage. Same as in past versions of this, if you heal when a troop, yourself, would have normally died, that can add to the opponent to get more damage in.
    Last edited by Mentor_MrEUS; 05-02-2017, 08:23 AM. Reason: removed stray link
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

Comment

Also important to remember that if you use chaos early, you may be giving the fight to the other team if it goes into a tiebreaker. They might kill their own eudaemon(s), taking away a ton of potential damage you could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        Also important to remember that if you use chaos early, you may be giving the fight to the other team if it goes into a tiebreaker. They might kill their own eudaemon(s), taking away a ton of potential damage you could have done.
        A good point, that I hadn't though of. So obvious now that you've posted it. Ty!
        "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
        Browser Game Support

Comment

Most of my fights would be "one-sided" anyways. There is a remote chance I would get a good 2-3 minute fight where I have to really use my mettle in trying to win. None of my fights ever exceed the time they need to be done in, so can't really tell of the experience when it comes to tie breaking. However, the more damage output that was made (gathered throughout the match) as a whole should be the determining factor. Reflect should count as well, but when it comes to heals and dodging (lowered damage mitigation), it would serve as an avenue for more to be gained from the opposing side. Hence, why sometimes I just go in "last pixel standing" (no heals or other round wasting effects like Rune Stones unless they damage in that round) in these kinds of fights.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

My team doesn't use chaos and we smashed their euds pretty hard. The match was rather lopsided, but with heals and revives they clung to life and the last two fights we dealt the other team more damage than they dealt us. In fact, I won an ares fight tiebreaker, 2v1 only my side was the 2 and somehow we got the tiebreaker. I thought that was impossible. Killing our euds should've given him the tiebreaker. I just want tiebreakers that make sense. They don't.

Comment

Working...
            X