Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

VIP tokens and the "Improved" VIP Wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R23190140
    replied
    I feel the wheel should be set to be as random as any other variable in any other game. there is a way to set an odds variable on high lvl items in the programming and 1:10000000000 isnt a very good odd. I look at it this way... I pay real money to play a fantasy(Fake) game and spin a wheel to get fantasy(fake) items increase my fantasy(fake) equipment on my fantasy(fake) character. If i'm gonna spend REAL money to get fake stuff that really doesnt cost ANY money for the developers to give away then atleast give me a fair chance to get those Fake items with my Real money. Everyone knows the wheel is set at an almost impossible odds variable to get anything good so why bother using it. Set it up with a fair chance to win those high lvl items and make tokens available to buy and i bet the game makers would make more money on selling tokens then they do on the items them selves.
    Last edited by R23190140; 02-04-2013, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
    I'd like to chime in here a bit.

For those who commented about the "Cashers" whining - think about the fact that non-cashers gain VIP tokens from quests and Duels and can save them up for one of those rare-moments when they get a 2 Hour VIP Window. One of my guild mates did this - saved up 5 full spins worth of tokens and went to town. Granted, there was a lot of gold earned, but why not increase the odds of a higher level item for when the non-cashers get access to the wheel?

Condor, I get your point, but you're telling people who spend $8 a month on their VIP status and POSSIBLY MORE on Balens (don't forget this possibility) to ease up because the VIP Wheel is more rigged than a Carnie Game? Your point is made; I respectfully disagree with it however.

Keep in mind that cashers and non-cashers alike can benefit from the VIP Wheel (cashers obviously far more frequently), but as the OP noted, why even put stuff in there that is impossible to obtain as it is seriously (mathematically) weighted against getting? I constantly recycle the selection to ensure I get the best "****" as I see it - but going in order of 20K Gold, Minor Health Potion, L3 Luck Stone, 20K Daru, 60K Gold, L4 Luck Stone, Single Shadow Crystal ... it is predictable and sadly so. I'd rather just have VIP Tokens as an Exchange Item where I can turn it in and get a random box of stuff to be honest.

Malfaedor
    Server 1 - Ibalize
    Guild: MntyPython
    Nice post. I guess this is the type of posts which draw attention to it due to the amount of thoughtfulness being put into crafting it. I personally enjoy reading this post.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Typhoon
    replied
    I'd like to chime in here a bit.

For those who commented about the "Cashers" whining - think about the fact that non-cashers gain VIP tokens from quests and Duels and can save them up for one of those rare-moments when they get a 2 Hour VIP Window. One of my guild mates did this - saved up 5 full spins worth of tokens and went to town. Granted, there was a lot of gold earned, but why not increase the odds of a higher level item for when the non-cashers get access to the wheel?

Condor, I get your point, but you're telling people who spend $8 a month on their VIP status and POSSIBLY MORE on Balens (don't forget this possibility) to ease up because the VIP Wheel is more rigged than a Carnie Game? Your point is made; I respectfully disagree with it however.

Keep in mind that cashers and non-cashers alike can benefit from the VIP Wheel (cashers obviously far more frequently), but as the OP noted, why even put stuff in there that is impossible to obtain as it is seriously (mathematically) weighted against getting? I constantly recycle the selection to ensure I get the best "****" as I see it - but going in order of 20K Gold, Minor Health Potion, L3 Luck Stone, 20K Daru, 60K Gold, L4 Luck Stone, Single Shadow Crystal ... it is predictable and sadly so. I'd rather just have VIP Tokens as an Exchange Item where I can turn it in and get a random box of stuff to be honest.

Malfaedor
    Server 1 - Ibalize
    Guild: MntyPython

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by oSKYo View Post
    Personally, I think CondorHero should be removed from moderating this subject. He is obviously biased, and in no way conveying the concerns, and feedback people have regarding the VIP Wheel to the developers. Instead, he is insulting and rude.

For a moderator to tell people giving feedback to 'stop whining about it and be happy' really makes me wonder, what kind of a company am I supporting? Moderators should be neutral and keep their personal opinions to themselves. If mass amounts of people are providing the same feedback, this should be a 'red flag' that something may actually be wrong, not just looked at as a bunch of whiny people complaining.

SODAPOP
    This post was made before I became moderator one week ago.

In any case, feel free to file a ticket at tickets.r2games.com register your concerns about me about being a forum moderator. Also, if you think I should be removed, please include in your ticket as well.

Leave a comment:

• oSKYo
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    This is the 39th post on the VIP wheel.

First, you buy VIP not mainly because of the wheel, but because of the other benefits like +exp gain and weekly gift packs.
    The VIP wheel is just a BONUS for being a VIP. If you know that, then you can stop whining about it.

You get a definite 500k from spinning the wheel using your full 36 tokens once every 3 days. And that's already a good bonus for you (considering you pay only $8/month, and not $800/month).

Finally, do you expect to get a level 7 gem (which is worth about $800) every time?
    Personally, I think CondorHero should be removed from moderating this subject and or this forum altogether. He is obviously biased, and in no way conveying the concerns, and feedback people have regarding the VIP Wheel to the developers. Instead, he is insulting and rude.

For a moderator to tell people giving feedback to 'stop whining about it and be happy' really makes me wonder, what kind of a company am I supporting? Moderators should be neutral and keep their personal opinions to themselves. If mass amounts of people are providing the same feedback, this should be a 'red flag' that something may actually be wrong, not just looked at as a bunch of whiny people complaining.

SODAPOP
    Last edited by oSKYo; 01-31-2013, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMimi
    replied
    I think lvl 6 gems has .5% chance of getting it in last attempt on wheel.. While lvl 6 gems has i think 1% chance of getting it in 7 attempt.. In short , its like playing on a lottery ticket.. 1 in a million chance of having lvl 6-7 gems.. Just try and try , until you get lvl 6-7 gems..

Leave a comment:

• luckyboylb
    replied
    Actually, the prize is known as soon as you press Start. What is more boring is that, it has to turn 4 times before you get it.

Leave a comment:

• Laonikis
    replied
    totally agree with the initial post.... I ALWAYS get the 20k gold first, NEVER gotten anything of real value, ONLY ONCE got the 500k before the last roll...

vip, in general, not just the wheel, should give more.... this way more ppl would be vip's

Leave a comment:

• R24365771
    replied
    What do you guys want? I mean you get the free cool downs, you get the +50%? exp gain, you get stuff off the wheel and if 15 million extra gold every month is "junk" well throw some junk my way. How much would it cost to buy a level 6 or 7 gem? That is 256 level 2s for a level 6 gem or close to $210 which is 2 1/2 years of VIP payments, and a level 7 would be four times as much. Now consider you are paying $8 a month. Does it make sense they would drop in all but extremely rare cases? I mean if it is so bad isnt the obvious solution to cancel VIP membership?

People talk about the f2p players whining.

Leave a comment:

• R23201565
    replied
    They should just let us spin it 12 times instead of 8. Keep the tokens scaling up, takes 36 to spin 8 times, make it 50 tokens and 12 spins. I don't expect to get a lvl 7 gem Every time i spin it but i've been spinning it for 5 months and haven't won ANYTHING but the junk. Only thing on there now worth winning is the 500k, already got a stack of a hundred skeleton keys. Once in a while ya get a shadow stone which is nice considering the drop rate on these sucks now too, takes a week to complete the "daily" quest for them. Same with soul crystals, the drop rate is horrible now, i do my 3 runs sometimes i'm lucky to have 4 or 5. Used to end up with up to 20 in 5 runs.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    In all honesty, if we get anything more than 500k (such as if we get a level 7 gem), imagine the uproar the non-casher players would make.

For $8/month, 500k every 2 days is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Mifi10102
    replied
    yes the items are better but its in a set pattern you'll always land on the same squares^^ make it completely random for landing like with the guild altar blessing, u cant time it to make it land on a certain items it just pure dumb luck there, this is y im waiting to become VIP

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
    Indeed the VIP wheel is still a joke. The probability of you getting a high tiered item is almost negligible. You can probably spin it for a yr and not get a single lvl 6 or above gems. They should increase the probability of being able to get higher tiered items since the wheel is supposed to be a bonus. If we want **** items we can get it at the guild wheel. No need to make the VIP as a 2nd wheel to get **** items just to troll us for spending an additional $8/mth. It doesn't even feel like a bonus since all the stuff that we get from the spins are laughably easy to get in less than a day. A bonus has to be something that you probably need to spend a week or more to get like obtaining 50 shadow stones instead of 1 or getting 15 million gold (I can easily earn 3million or more a day). The items there are just **** to begin with even for some of the purple colored ones.
    Is getting 500k for free once every 2-3 days laughable? What about 5 shadow crystals?

Leave a comment:

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Indeed the VIP wheel is still a joke. The probability of you getting a high tiered item is almost negligible. You can probably spin it for a yr and not get a single lvl 6 or above gems. They should increase the probability of being able to get higher tiered items since the wheel is supposed to be a bonus. If we want **** items we can get it at the guild wheel. No need to make the VIP as a 2nd wheel to get **** items just to troll us for spending an additional $8/mth. It doesn't even feel like a bonus since all the stuff that we get from the spins are laughably easy to get in less than a day. A bonus has to be something that you probably need to spend a week or more to get like obtaining 50 shadow stones instead of 1 or getting 15 million gold (I can easily earn 3million or more a day). The items there are just **** to begin with even for some of the purple colored ones.

Leave a comment:

• onimad
    replied
    the only drop on 8th slot of VIP wheel is 500k,skel keys, whip. anyone else get better than this so far?
    all i can say it's predictable on what u going to get. even before u start to spin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X