VIP tokens and the "Improved" VIP Wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP tokens and the "Improved" VIP Wheel

Ok.. so, this whole thing is very nice in concept. I was quite pleased with it, initially....

Then, the more that I started saving up some tokens and going for some spins, the more I noticed the reality of it.
    It is so completely fixed that its not even slightly amusing. You can test it, over and over, open up the wheel, look at the lowest possible rewards, common examples are - 20k gold, 20k daru, level 3 luck stone. Your first spins, will ALWAYS get the lowest value reward, every, single, time. After doing a few spins on the same wheel, when its starts to be getting up into chewing 6+tokens per spin, you *MIGHT* get a mediocre item, but can still very likely end up spending 6-8 VIP tokens to land on a single shadow stone, or a 100k health return pot, or a level 5 luck stone...
    WHY in the heck, are the higher level items even there... just to be a constant tease? "Look, see those reallllly nice gems, and seeds, yeah, bet you wish you could land on one of those when you spin this thing don't you, TOO BAD! HAHHAAHA". That is exactly what it feels like. I even purposefully stockpiled my tokens for a while, until I could do a couple sets of the full 8 attempts. With the increasing cost per spin, it ends up being 36 total tokens to use up all your spins on one wheel. So, I saved up 110 or so tokens, and popped the wheel for the full 8 spins a few times. Not one single result that made me even slightly alter my perspective that you can literally never win about half the items that appear on any given wheel. Ever.

Even more proof that the VIP token wheel is setup as a win per spin tier based item system, compared to any form of random luck, is when you compare it to the Guild Altar wheel.
    Here, is the best example of that. Have the Shadow Crystal quest. wait until your only 1 Shadow Stone away from completing it. Then pop some tokens on the VIP wheel, one with shadow stones ( believe me...you'll win one after a spin or two...). You will notice something kinda "funny".... as soon as you hit Spin on the VIP wheel - the Shadow Stone quest will pop up completed...instantly... even though... the VIP wheel is still "spinning", supposedly randomly determining your prize.... and then...it will settle on the shadow stone, and you go... "Ohhhh....I see how it is." The VIP wheel determines what you get from your spin the very second you click spin.
    The Guild Altar, does NOT do this. If you repeat, basically the same thing as above, but with the guild altar, and you win shadow stones and its enough to complete the quest. It will NOT register your quest completion, until the spin stops and shows that you won the shadow stone/s.

i have noticed this to spin 1,2,3 **** lowest on wheel spin 4,5,6 i bit better but not much spin 7,8 always 5 keys and 500k newver any of the good stuff like those lvl 6 gems that i want and need.. the wheel should be random with a chance of getting anything on 1 spin

i am starting to feel ripped of and starting to hate everything about this game. it would be nice to actually get something good sometimes.. the same with treasure chests.. full of ****.... silver chest wow **** pay 3k to get 4k jippi not... ***

r2 games why r u so cheap with us.......

Comment

I don't think anyone has won a level 5+ gem or any high tier item like that on the wheel, atleast not on any server i play. I have seen people win purple seeds and orange ones but that's about as good as it gets. I know the thread is 4 hours old but i can see the despair in this, when will vip wheel be fixed?

Comment

Please fix the VIP wheel!! and reimburse those that wasted time on false hopes makes everyone happy

Comment

This is the 39th post on the VIP wheel.

First, you buy VIP not mainly because of the wheel, but because of the other benefits like +exp gain and weekly gift packs.
          The VIP wheel is just a BONUS for being a VIP. If you know that, then you can stop whining about it.

You get a definite 500k from spinning the wheel using your full 36 tokens once every 3 days. And that's already a good bonus for you (considering you pay only $8/month, and not $800/month).

Finally, do you expect to get a level 7 gem (which is worth about $800) every time?
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            This is the 39th post on the VIP wheel.

First, you buy VIP not mainly because of the wheel, but because of the other benefits like +exp gain and weekly gift packs.
            The VIP wheel is just a BONUS for being a VIP. If you know that, then you can stop whining about it.

You get a definite 500k from spinning the wheel using your full 36 tokens once every 3 days. And that's already a good bonus for you (considering you pay only $8/month, and not $800/month).

Finally, do you expect to get a level 7 gem (which is worth about $800) every time?
            Your attitude is truly hilarious.
            No one said anything about expecting to get anything every time. What is expected, is that the nature of the game setup be what it actually IS. Which it is not. Its not random, it is preset. AS said, NO one wins the higher level items, ever. Not even with full spins. Its a carrot on a stick dangled in front of people to make them think they have the possibility of getting something nice *sometime*, not every time, but, ANY time, ever, even ONCE. Which... does, not... happen. I also feel sorry for you if you think that using up 3 days worth of saved tokens to get 500k should just make everyone happy and stop whining. 500k is nothing, especially when compared to 3 days time.
            And absolutely NOTHING that you said, actually addresses the POINT, which is, WHY are the items within the "random prize wheel" spin, that are completely impossible to win. The entire setup of the VIP wheel and the way that it works is CODED differently than the *actual* Guild Altar prize wheel, WHICH IS random. That was the entire point I made in the original post. Its PROVEN. You can prove it with Shadow Stones, and, you can also prove it with gold. Spin the VIP wheel, and watch your gold. If you win gold, your actual gold amount will go up literally the very instant you hit SPIN. On the guild altar wheel, you will not see the increase until it actually stops and lands on the gold.
            SO... instead of coming into a thread, that is actually pointing out a very legitimate issue, which is people being MISLEAD into believing they have the possibility ( note the difference between the word "possibility" and "guarantee" ) of winning something that they never will. No one ever said a word about being guaranteed of winning one of the major prize items "every time". So please, go troll another thread, or at least read what is actually stated in the one your responding too.

Misleading customers with false setups of a paid subscription perk = Real Problem
            "Whining about winning a level 7 gem every time the wheel is spun" = Your own ignorance as to what was being discussed.

Thank you for your wonderful and constructive feedback to the issue being discussed, and I am glad that you took the time to know what you were actually responding about before just clicking away at your keyboard like your the end all and be all of problem solving. Take care now, buh bye.
            Last edited by Angelcide; 12-15-2012, 12:23 AM. Reason: mispelled "prize" as "price"

Comment

Originally posted by Angelcide View Post
              Your attitude is truly hilarious.
              No one said anything about expecting to get anything every time. What is expected, is that the nature of the game setup be what it actually IS. Which it is not. Its not random, it is preset. AS said, NO one wins the higher level items, ever. Not even with full spins. Its a carrot on a stick dangled in front of people to make them think they have the possibility of getting something nice *sometime*, not every time, but, ANY time, ever, even ONCE. Which... does, not... happen. I also feel sorry for you if you think that using up 3 days worth of saved tokens to get 500k should just make everyone happy and stop whining. 500k is nothing, especially when compared to 3 days time.
              And absolutely NOTHING that you said, actually addresses the POINT, which is, WHY are the items within the "random prize wheel" spin, that are completely impossible to win. The entire setup of the VIP wheel and the way that it works is CODED differently than the *actual* Guild Altar prize wheel, WHICH IS random. That was the entire point I made in the original post. Its PROVEN. You can prove it with Shadow Stones, and, you can also prove it with gold. Spin the VIP wheel, and watch your gold. If you win gold, your actual gold amount will go up literally the very instant you hit SPIN. On the guild altar wheel, you will not see the increase until it actually stops and lands on the gold.
              SO... instead of coming into a thread, that is actually pointing out a very legitimate issue, which is people being MISLEAD into believing they have the possibility ( note the difference between the word "possibility" and "guarantee" ) of winning something that they never will. No one ever said a word about being guaranteed of winning one of the major prize items "every time". So please, go troll another thread, or at least read what is actually stated in the one your responding too.

Misleading customers with false setups of a paid subscription perk = Real Problem
              "Whining about winning a level 7 gem every time the wheel is spun" = Your own ignorance as to what was being discussed.

Thank you for your wonderful and constructive feedback to the issue being discussed, and I am glad that you took the time to know what you were actually responding about before just clicking away at your keyboard like your the end all and be all of problem solving. Take care now, buh bye.
              You're incorrect. The wheel is random but not the way it appears. It is weighted because the higher tiered items have a very small range while the lower class items have a much broader range. Granted the appearance is misleading but the RNG behind it is not. It works as intended as one of my guildmates has won a level six gem and gave the SSes to prove it.

There is no misleading. You just have to look behind the facade.

Comment

If a higher tier item has actually been one, great. Lets see, that is, one person? One known person. Out of... how many people using it. So, I take back any claims of misleading by false setup. But I guess you should let your friend know that they should go purchase a lottery ticket.....
                I'm not expecting grand winnings every time I burn my tokens. But the predictability of the winnings is so ridiculous, that it means IF the chances of winning the higher tier items are there, they are so ridiculously small, that it still is doing exactly what I said, dangling a carrot in front of people.
                Open the VIP wheel, spin 3 times, and you will get the 3 lowest prizes every time. This is not something that I just felt personally burned on and decided to go on a rant. I talked to multiple people, across multiple servers, about all there VIP wheel use. It is the same everywhere. So, if we count in, this one instance of your friend with SS, we have a 99.9% probability rate of predicted outcomes across several thousand uses.

Nothing quite like using your 7th spin, burning 8 tokens, to win a single Shadow Stone....or, ooo, ooo, a level 4 luck stone.
                Over...and over....and over....
                And as someone else said, you might get a semi-decent seed every once in a blue moon, maybe pop a 500k on your 36th burnt token....
                But when you seriously look at the way this thing is setup, its not right.

Comment

I think I should make a guide on how to use the VIP wheel at this rate...
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                    You're incorrect. The wheel is random but not the way it appears. It is weighted because the higher tiered items have a very small range while the lower class items have a much broader range. Granted the appearance is misleading but the RNG behind it is not. It works as intended as one of my guildmates has won a level six gem and gave the SSes to prove it.

There is no misleading. You just have to look behind the facade.
                    Then why do i get the rewards before the wheel even lands on an item? ive noticed by gold go up, an even the shadow stone count that i have go up as soon as i pressed the spin button.

Comment

I never said the mechanics weren't a tad goofy. I also posted about this as well - that the credit is given at the start of the spin. I agree with you on this. However, the server just RNG's the winning item based on range the moment a spin is made.

Comment

the only drop on 8th slot of VIP wheel is 500k,skel keys, whip. anyone else get better than this so far?
                        all i can say it's predictable on what u going to get. even before u start to spin.
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Indeed the VIP wheel is still a joke. The probability of you getting a high tiered item is almost negligible. You can probably spin it for a yr and not get a single lvl 6 or above gems. They should increase the probability of being able to get higher tiered items since the wheel is supposed to be a bonus. If we want **** items we can get it at the guild wheel. No need to make the VIP as a 2nd wheel to get **** items just to troll us for spending an additional $8/mth. It doesn't even feel like a bonus since all the stuff that we get from the spins are laughably easy to get in less than a day. A bonus has to be something that you probably need to spend a week or more to get like obtaining 50 shadow stones instead of 1 or getting 15 million gold (I can easily earn 3million or more a day). The items there are just **** to begin with even for some of the purple colored ones.
                          IGN: Athena
                          Guild: Warriors
                          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                          Class: Archer
                          Difficulty Level: Noob
                          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                            Indeed the VIP wheel is still a joke. The probability of you getting a high tiered item is almost negligible. You can probably spin it for a yr and not get a single lvl 6 or above gems. They should increase the probability of being able to get higher tiered items since the wheel is supposed to be a bonus. If we want **** items we can get it at the guild wheel. No need to make the VIP as a 2nd wheel to get **** items just to troll us for spending an additional $8/mth. It doesn't even feel like a bonus since all the stuff that we get from the spins are laughably easy to get in less than a day. A bonus has to be something that you probably need to spend a week or more to get like obtaining 50 shadow stones instead of 1 or getting 15 million gold (I can easily earn 3million or more a day). The items there are just **** to begin with even for some of the purple colored ones.
                            Is getting 500k for free once every 2-3 days laughable? What about 5 shadow crystals?
                            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

yes the items are better but its in a set pattern you'll always land on the same squares^^ make it completely random for landing like with the guild altar blessing, u cant time it to make it land on a certain items it just pure dumb luck there, this is y im waiting to become VIP

Comment

Working...
                              X