This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to beat catacombs with mage?

My question is mainly for levels 90-100. How do you beat catacombs with mage?
    What kind of pre-combat buffs are needed? Skills?

Can't seem to beat it :S

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Mages probably have the easiest time beating Cata levels 80+. Basically, the skills you need are Bolt (for building rage), Suntoria (use this as second attack, and try to keep it on cool down the entire fight), Blessed (for when you and your troops hit about half HP) and Restoration (only if you are in real danger, otherwise rage will be an issue.) Most of the attacks are Magic, so max your mdef, though the "eye roll" is actually a Physical attack. Make sure you start with full rage if possible. For the fight itself, have some rage, HP and Group HP runes equipped. Try to max out your troops, MATK, HP and MDef. Put your knights in front of you when you fight.

Typical fight goes something like this: Bolt, Suntoria, bolt, bolt, bolt.... (til sun is off cool down) then more bolts til you need to Bless... rinse and repeat - try to leave the bless until your troops are at half hp due to its' 60 sec cooldown. Use HP runes for keeping your HP topped off to conserve rage (if you need to), and Group HP runes for your troops HP in between Bless cool downs.

You can double-hit with the Cata bosses like with tthe world boss so time your bolt to start as soon as your character begins auto attack.

Potions: Intellect, Endurance, Charisma and Defense - highest level you can. If you are having issues still, get a few scrolls from the Catacomb shop - MATK, MDEF and HP.

Once you get past 95, you can blitz to 97 without needing any potions or consuming troops. I use lvls 98 & 99 to build rage for completing lvl 100. Oh, and don't lose hope or worry about losing all of your troops on the in between level fights - I know one gal that just kept reviving (using balens) until she got to the bosses.

I hope this helps - anyone think of anything that I missed?
    Character: Inga - Guild Master
    Server: S2 Edena Village
    Guild: Warlords
    Guild Battle Position: Number 1
    ---
    "Team work makes the Dream work ..."

Comment

I'm nowhere near completing the catacombs, but YES, you CAN double attack cata bosses ^^

Comment

hmmm, inga is it better to put troops in front of u? or at the back? cause u know that eye boss has a devastating attack targeting the back row, im still stuck at lvl 90 too XD
        A true winner is the one who could overcome his self

Comment

I would suggest placing them to the rear since your troops combined will likely never be able to damage Faye as much as you can. After a certain point though (in terms of strength), it doesn't matter.

Comment

I believe it will better to put your troop in front of...
            You don't want them die first and wasting time to heal them, ne?
            Even thought thet're attack are low, they're useful to take that having stat buff from boss...

And more of it, it's a mage, more chance to survive stupid eye normal attack
            S24 - Reaper's Illusion
            IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by Ruise View Post
              I believe it will better to put your troop in front of...
              You don't want them die first and wasting time to heal them, ne?
              Even thought thet're attack are low, they're useful to take that having stat buff from boss...

And more of it, it's a mage, more chance to survive stupid eye normal attack
              Well, it's also depends on how you fight

I have the rage set, so I blitz to 99 and get myself in front to gain rage. Troops can be meat sacks for the first few turns, but you'll end up soloing the boss anyway. Why not use them to buy time?

Just my thought though
              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I put my char at the back for cata. Because my char can withstand the boss attacks far better than my knights can. So I keep my knights to attack the boss as long as possible, while my char keeps sunto-ing and blessing (and double-bolting)
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by deos02 View Post
                  hmmm, inga is it better to put troops in front of u? or at the back? cause u know that eye boss has a devastating attack targeting the back row, im still stuck at lvl 90 too XD
                  I put my troops in front of me - since my mdef is much better than the knights. If my troops died too soon, I would swap out my PDEF astral for charm, though I don't anymore since I can clear through 100 easily now.
                  Character: Inga - Guild Master
                  Server: S2 Edena Village
                  Guild: Warlords
                  Guild Battle Position: Number 1
                  ---
                  "Team work makes the Dream work ..."

Comment

Looks like you covered everything I could think of for the kitty combs. This strategy works equally well down at level 60, just varying your spells as needed. I do not have the top healing one yet. But, I would say use every potion, (including power) and scroll (except patk) that you can lay your hands on. Every little edge can be the difference. As for the double tap, I wish I could do it, I usually get so much lag, that I am hitting for three rounds later most of the time.
                    Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                    Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                    #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                    #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

to fight higher stages on cata, u just need more mdef. The more mdef u have the more easy it will be for u to defeat !
                      Server: 3 / Level: 80 / Class: DIVERGENT
                      “The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” Gandhi
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X